DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

IMO this is just a beta test. With only 3,000 available titles for streaming and no info if any titles are in HD or 5.1 sound. Sounds like Netflix years ago...

We all just have to wait and see what happens. Give it time....

Just got this which clarifies things greatly for those who currently have the Platinum package. :)

Hi Scott,

The new Blockbuster Movie Pass a la carte package, which will be priced at $10/mo. combines the previous Blockbuster by Mail services with DISH Platinum's services, so all these services will be $10/mo. less than prior to October 1st, when both offerings were $10/mo. each.

So instead of $20/mo. for both, it will be $10/mo.

what type of content is in teh blockbuster streaming? is it like netflix where you can stream old TV shows like x-files and BSG? or is it just movies?

We weren't talking about the press release, we were talking about the slide in the streamed announcement.

If you wanna see what we were talking about, the announcement is still up on the home page. It's about 10 minutes & 26 seconds in.

Cheers

bbmp.PNG

As a current Platinum subscriber, this sounds great that I will get streaming content plus DVD's by mail at no additional charge. My only fear is that the bundling of the Platinum package with streaming will result in price increases in the future. A year from now, I can easily see them charging $15 or $20 a month for the same package and there is no way to split the Platinum channels out from the Blockbuster part of the service, so it is all or nothing.

I really wish all the local Blockbuster stores hadn't closed down...

what type of content is in teh blockbuster streaming? is it like netflix where you can stream old TV shows like x-files and BSG? or is it just movies?

I do not have BB streaming. But Netflix says they has 15,000 and BB said today 3,000. I am sure with time this number will become the same.

I’m Netflix customer for over almost the 8 years, well they clear that is $10 unlimited ,that’s good just like Netflix thumbs up
But didn’t says is it one day business day posting with pre-paid envelop or not ?/? They Didn’t said anything about that, if is couple day or few days shipping then will stick with Netflix .

I’m Netflix customer for over almost the 8 years, well they clear that is $10 unlimited ,that’s good just like Netflix thumbs up
But didn’t says is it one day business day posting with pre-paid envelop or not ?/? They Didn’t said anything about that, if is couple day or few days shipping then will stick with Netflix .

I used Blockbuster for a month, and it is the same kind of envelope that Netlfix uses. and it is about a couple of days to get to you.

Sorry to pester, but to clarify, would Dish America through America's Everything qualify?

Holy crap! A Blockbuster Video store? What's that :rolleyes: The last remaining one in my area closed over the Summer.

The only BB in 80 miles is closing here. The signs went up last week that they are selling lock, stock, and counters in this store.

So I don't see how it would be advantageous for me to sign up for anything but the base pkg. I am already paying 130+ now for Almost Everything Package.

If the streaming service content wise is anything like there VOD service users of this site will be wildly disappointed as they do not not ANY content in HD.....

Lets hope that changes....

Kudos to Scott for keeping up on this.

Was a long time BB user until their bankruptcy, then switched to Netflix. Gonna have to check out the BB store down the street to see if they are still alive.

Package looks good. Sometimes you do get a winner winner....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts