DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

Kind of excited about the potentials here, but I'm trying not to get too excited for the layout on October 1st, as I think the system is going to get swamped.

I think a big drawing is while dish builds the streaming content,'if you are still lucky to have a BB still open and close to you being able to in store exchange for movies and games has some potential.

Maybe a future marketing idea for dish would be to really market there services in blockbusters that are close to subdivisions residential area like my blockbuster, I will have to check to see I dish has a presence inside the store

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

i have also been told that us with the free platinum may not be able to access the streaming and by mail. i'll let you know when i hear back

Definitely curious to hear what you find out.

Even if you dont have a clear LOS for HD, you can still get an HD (ViP) model receiver. They dont depend on any specific satellite to work, you just wont get HD programming without the HD satellite.

Bottom line, you can upgrade to an HD receiver, just know what you're getting into 1st, i.e. no HD programming. I do upgrades for folks all the time without a LOS or even a HD tv simply because they want the larger drive space of the 722's. Just make sure you've got a fast & reliable internet connection.
Thanks, but don't dish charge you $10 a month if you don't have HD content with a HD receiver?

Thanks,

John

Hey guys as a former dish customer I get mailings from time to time to come back. I have been thinking about it. Today in the mail I got a come back mailer that was pretty snazzy really promoting the new blockbuster package. Looks like in advertising they are kicking it up a notch!

Oops, it is a snazzier advertisement but it promotes the current blockbuster three month promo not the October 1st one

we all with the free platinum will NOT get the blockbuster movie pass.
"Yes I did, the 12 months of Platinum will be grandfathered. This means that once the changes are made on 10/1. It will not change into the Blockbuster movie pass. The promotion will remain on your account and it will just be for the Dish Platinum channels"

we all with the free platinum will NOT get the blockbuster movie pass.
Well, that sucks. Had I taken the free Starz, which presumably costs Dish more, instead of the free Platinum, then I would have gotten the BBMP. :(

I believe you when you say you got confirmation but if true that's really stupid...we get punished for something dish offers???...if we were paying for hd plat before getting it free we should receive bb package

2 dirt members confirmed my previous post

I've been told that we WILL get the BB pass, especially if you signed up for the Movies by mail for 3 months free offer..
I just signed up last week, and was told that since I got the BB on line set up for 3 months, it will include the streaming pkg

But, as was said before, I don't believe anything until I check it on 10/1

dwarren2 said:
Got my upgrade to L677 last night. Now have a new Option "DISH Platinum" on my DVR screen and the screen is now called DISH on Demand. If I selectt DP, I get a Welcome screen with a statement I have to agree to. Then I get an Explore Movies screen. From there there are a number of options. Once you select a filter and search, you can toggle between all and free by pressing the * key. Didn't go any further.

I have a 622 and i dont see this. Under dish platinum, all i see are the individual movie channels. Im on 635.
Can anyone using a 622 see something different?

Hey everybody. Why not just wait the three whole days, and then find out exactly what the real deal will be? IT'S ONLY THREE DAYS. No need for all the speculation at this point in time.

With only three days to go, everything ought to be set in stone already, therefore there should be no reason they couldn't reveal it now rather than keeping everyone waiting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts