DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

I have the streaming movies available on my 622 with 635 now. I tried to view an SD movie and found that I would get about 30 seconds of buffering then about 5 or 10 seconds of movie. Just tested my dowload speed at a bit over 10 megabits/sec. I was almost always able to view Netflix HD with no problems.

So it is up but not working well for me. Of course the service hasn't officially started yet either.

we all with the free platinum will NOT get the blockbuster movie pass.
"Yes I did, the 12 months of Platinum will be grandfathered. This means that once the changes are made on 10/1. It will not change into the Blockbuster movie pass. The promotion will remain on your account and it will just be for the Dish Platinum channels"

Well that #^#$%^% sucks.... is there any more salt they can pour in the wounds of former Absolute customers ??!?!?

It would be good to see what kind of feedback current Dish subs giving on Streaming, when October 1st comes as I thought I read the streaming would be "delivered" different then how VOD is done on dish right now

I am anxious to see how much of the BB content will actually be new. I got the update last night and now show the Blockbuster Movie Pass in the DVR menu. After selecting the BB menu it appears it has taken me to what used to be the Dish online content. I hope this is not just a rebranding of Dish online and will actually offer decent movie content. I know it is not Oct. 1 yet and I hope my speculation is wrong.

...the BB menu it appears it has taken me to what used to be the Dish online content. I hope this is not just a rebranding of Dish online and will actually offer decent movie content.
It wouldn't be the first time that Dish has over-hyped a "feature" to be a lot more than it really is !! :D I think in this case though, at least I hope, Dish will re-brand BB's service or USE that service more or less as-is.

Given the number of titles announced already, they pretty much match existing content. So I don't expect anything new, just a re-branding / re-packaging of existing products. I hope I'm wrong, but getting discs for free with Dish Platinum is good enough for me at this point. I don't expect the streaming part to replace Netflix any time soon.

mdavej said:
Given the number of titles announced already, they pretty much match existing content. So I don't expect anything new, just a re-branding / re-packaging of existing products. I hope I'm wrong, but getting discs for free with Dish Platinum is good enough for me at this point. I don't expect the streaming part to replace Netflix any time soon.

Have you tried streaming to see if it's faster then the current
vod set up, though I am guessing it won't be operational until october 1st?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

I am anxious to see how much of the BB content will actually be new. I got the update last night and now show the Blockbuster Movie Pass in the DVR menu. After selecting the BB menu it appears it has taken me to what used to be the Dish online content. I hope this is not just a rebranding of Dish online and will actually offer decent movie content. I know it is not Oct. 1 yet and I hope my speculation is wrong.

What update you are talking about? Is it for 722K or 722? Can you please elaborate.

If you have the free HD Platinum can cancel cancel it and then add it for $10 a month. If you do so before saturday, it automatically converts to BMP. You can then sign in with your usual Dish log on http://blockbustermoviepass.com/ to manage your BB discs etc. Site is up but no content is available until 10/1.

i was told this too. but, i don't know if i want to drop my free platinum or not

Probably haven't released the other stuff because it isn't available yet... and the last thing Dish wants is people calling and emailing about why this and that isn't streaming.

Dropping NF today and preparing for BB...
I wouldn't be too hasty. First, NF does not prorate, so you've paid a month in advance already and can't get any of that back. To get what you paid for, drop a day or two before your next billing date. Second, I can see dropping the disc part of NF (Qwikster) because BB is a better value. But BB streaming won't be anywhere close to NF, so if streaming is important to you, better to take a wait and see approach.

......... But BB streaming won't be anywhere close to NF, so if streaming is important to you, better to take a wait and see approach.

Perhaps as the Dish data center comes on line, there will be a big improvement in streaming.

Id like to see streaming become easier to find content on 722k. Right now I have to click through page after page to find something to stream. It has to get more sorted. To be honest it should be like on demand channels on cable. Makes it so quick and easy to find what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)