DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

All these login problems. I think this might be Part of why this wasn't open for BB users yet.
They need to make sure their servers can handle the DISH subscribers. And so far it looks like they can't.
I Think I'll wait until the 922 is added to the list of receivers.

We have the ViP612. Earlier in this thread it was mentioned the 612 would get MoviePass November-ish.

Chat agent is telling me "It support only to 722 or 722k receivers."

Any insight from the gurus here? I trust you more than Support. :)

so in order to merge my accounts i would have to cancel my free platinum first. So I would save $10 per month on my BB but now be charged $10 on my dish bill. Essentially a wash but everything will be on one bill, is this correct?

Anybody else notice that the added 20 great channels are the HD platinum channels?
So I could add this for $10, get rid of my HD Platinum and save $10.
Is that right, or am i seeing this wrong?!?

Does anyone know if the will start streaming movies from Blockbuster or is it only streaming from the premium channels? Thanks for any help :)
Now I understand I would have to pay an additional 10 per month for a 1 disc at a time. It isn't worth it. I will just continue paying my 10 per month usenet fee and get it from them via online dnld. It isn't streaming but I think there are allot more titles available and I don't have to wait for snail mail exchanges.

Last edited:
Anybody else notice that the added 20 great channels are the HD platinum channels?
So I could add this for $10, get rid of my HD Platinum and save $10.
Is that right, or am i seeing this wrong?!?
HD Platinum no longer exists. If you had HD Platinum, you should now haveThe Movie Pass, and it is listed under premiums if you look at your programming on the Dish Network site. You aren't paying anything extra.

Looking back at the Dish Movie Pass advert., it appears that no streaming is coming from BB and all the streaming they note is for Dish Platinum channels. I wish they were a bit clearer on that. But still, not a bad deal... assuming they improve that GUI.

Last edited:
Found a little bug on Movie Pass. When searching for Tree of Life and Bad Teacher, neither show, but can be easily added to the BB Online queue.

I'm still seeing Platinum on my 722 - L677 software. Should I reboot it to see if it changes? It was off last night for the regular update.

The strange thing is, I swear it was BBMP a day or two ago, and then it seems to have changed back.

Anyone using a Vip 722 able to watch any of the Blockbuster/Dish Streaming VOD content via TV2 or is it only useable through HDMI. The reason I ask is I used to watch Hoarders on A&E through Dish Ondemand in SD and it worked on TV2 up to last month, now when I try to watch the SD content on TV2 it says the connection isn't HDCP compliant (which it isn't because its a coaxial)

Anyone using a Vip 722 able to watch any of the Blockbuster/Dish Streaming VOD content via TV2 or is it only useable through HDMI. The reason I ask is I used to watch Hoarders on A&E through Dish Ondemand in SD and it worked on TV2 up to last month, now when I try to watch the SD content on TV2 it says the connection isn't HDCP compliant (which it isn't because its a coaxial)
That is so frustrating. These people realize most of this content is already in the wild as it is, don't they? So why make it hard for us paying customers, I realize this isn't a Us vs Dish thing, but a Us v Hollywood thing.

Here is a shot of the "new" queue for anyone interested. Still working on getting my 3 out at a time to work.

untitled-3.jpg

That is so frustrating. These people realize most of this content is already in the wild as it is, don't they? So why make it hard for us paying customers, I realize this isn't a Us vs Dish thing, but a Us v Hollywood thing.

I'm not to frustrated about it because the XIP receiver will take care of the problem when it comes out. But yeah all DRM does to the consumer is frustrate them while the pirate is still streaming and downloading the same shows we can't watch on our own tv through our own dish receiver.

Zach just rechecked my account and it is showing I have 3 out at a time. They will look into why the Online queue is still showing 1.

Looks like everybody who has Platinum for free has to pay $10 more if we want movie pass . I don't see why we should we be penalized for taking a freebie

WTH??????

I guess I will stay with Netflix until I can cost justify the increase. I have the 1 disc plan at $8 - dropped the streaming when they doubled the price. Here I thought - wow - after almost 10 years with D* I get a real deal and can drop Netflix (that will show them and their price increases!!!!), but no. $2 more/mo to stream (don't forget the additional taxes) will make me wait. Plenty to choose from now with the new season underway.

Last edited:
not true; I just live chatted, and the server is getting hammered now..once its up again in a few hours, just login to dish online and the option should be there, according to the person I chatted with

not according to the rep I just chatted with; if you have platinum free, you will get the BB option for FREE as well.
I asked that exact question, and was told that..
their servers are getting hammered, so you will have to log in to dish online, click the BB icon on top, register with your online info, and it will give you bb then..
its just going to take them a few hours to bring the server back up, so have some patience!

Netflix hd streaming on my oppo looks phenomenal, not quite vudu hdx but close. That's on a 6mbps dsl connection.

I think a lot of what you get from Netflix depends on the device.
That's interesting as I figured the "box" was mainly just passing it through. I have a $130 Samsung BD player and similar 6mb DSL. As long as other devices in the house weren't streaming, I could get 'max' HD quality, according to the little indicator bar. As I mentioned, I presumed "it's streaming" so lesser PQ is just a trade-off and I really had no complaint in that aspect. If it looked good and didn't buffer, I was happy !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)