DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

Pretty much my experience exactly. Both NF and BB ar located in Lansing, probably where yours are shipped from as well. The closest BB store to me is in Swatz Creek and I've only exchanged there once because it's about a half-hour each way. If you could just swap the disc you received by mail at the store and then mail back the one you picked up it would be nice but of course that's not the case. Guess I can't complain too much since I was given it for free and am a Platium sub anyway...........

Ed

Yep, Lansing is my distribution center. I wish Blockbuster by mail could have the same turnaround time as Netflix, but if you have a store that is convenient for you the exchanges make up for that.

Can someone from the DIRT team define exactly what Starz Cinema is? Specificly are these the same channels in the normal Stars package?

Can someone from the DIRT team define exactly what Starz Cinema is? Specificly are these the same channels in the normal Stars package?
I'm not DIRT ;), however, Starz Cinema is a channel, not a package of Channels. There are numerous Starz Channels, as you know, and Starz Cinema is one of them. Oddly enough, it isn't in HD, but it is part of the Platinum (or Movie Pass now) package.

I am kind of ticked off now. After contacting Dish in chat, I was told I could not merge my BB account with Dish... that I had to do it separately. So I cancelled the BB account and found out right afterwards that I could merge them. They need to get CS reps up to speed before I quit Dish too!!!

"Another difference is that when I would mail Netflix a disk they would receive it the next day and then I would always receive my next disk the day after that. Blockbuster almost always takes 1 extra day for me."

The same here for me...

Ghpr13:)

I am kind of ticked off now. After contacting Dish in chat, I was told I could not merge my BB account with Dish... that I had to do it separately. So I cancelled the BB account and found out right afterwards that I could merge them. They need to get CS reps up to speed before I quit Dish too!!!

You could always reactivate your account and then merge. I used Blockbuster by mail for about 6 months earlier this year and then went back to Netflix because I liked their streaming. When Netflix decided to separate their streaming and mail service I decided to just keep Netflix for streaming and Blockbuster for my blurays because they are the same price and I like Blockbuster's mail service better. When I reactivated the service my entire queue was still there from when I had an account with them earlier this year.

How can you merge? I contacted BB and they told me that I would have to cancel and then start a new DischBB account.

How can you merge? I contacted BB and they told me that I would have to cancel and then start a new DischBB account.

When you start to create an account through Dish you have an opportunity to enter your current Blockbuster log in information. When you do that it merges your account. If you have more than 1 disk at a time it takes you down to one disk though and you have to get in touch with DIRT or a csr to get it fixed.

So i have a 622 and still dont see bb movie pass. Still shows platinum. I dont have platinum but should i should still see bb in the menu, right?

One other thought, I think Dish has saved Platinum, at least at my home. I was pondering about getting rid of it, as the movie channels do get repetitive after a while. With the existence of TNT, FX, USA, and the others, watching movies is much easier these days that a decade plus ago. You don't need HBO to see much of anything. Most premium channels survive these days because of Original Programming and Platinum movie channels have very little original programming. So with the addition of BBMP, this gives me a strong reason to stick with it.
Got an email saying my Blu-Ray was shipped and would arrive on Thursday. That seems to be a while, not sure why it'd take three days to arrive. Regardless... for "free", I can wait.

Right now, BBMP will not replace Netflix (just streaming) at our home because there is no streaming from anything in Blockbuster's library, so it is apples to oranges, for at least now. Definitely saving money, as I'd be paying around $10 to $14 to stream and get blu-ray from Netflix.

Netflix always said the disc would take longer to get to me than it actually did. If they said Wednesday, I would get it on Tuesday. My first BB disc shipped today, so I guess I'll find out how it compares.

Mine shipped today, said Wednesday for expected arrival, but what I think,is that they don't really ship til day after they say it shipped. Mine usually come from Sacramento, about 200 miles from me.
Dan

I haven't read any mention by anyone being able to stream on a 622. I have been following these threads since Sat. I don't think the correct software has sent to our machines. No movie pass on my menu. :(

I believe gfearz is right. The most recent software available for the 622 is L6.35 and it was released way back in June! Streaming with DishOnline, prior to my 722 getting L6.77, could not legitimately be called "streaming". Network throughput was pathetic: something like 1Mb/s. So you queued up a download and waited. And waited.

Nothing in my Queue has shipped yet and I signed up on Saturday. Yesterday it said it was processing, now it just says that I have nothing out. My queue is full of games and movies. It would be really nice if they would ship something out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)