DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

I have two 722k receivers. One is downstairs & the other is on the same level as my router. The downstairs receiver is connected using the WIFI connector sold by dish. It streams HD video without buffering. Dish requires a minimum of 40 using the onscreen grid. I get between 45 to 51. The receiver on the same floor as the router was installed yesterday. It is connected using a Dish supplied home plug. Downloads are slow and don't stream. I have a WIFI connector ordered for this receiver. The router is a dual band Netgear 300. Since I can't run a hard wire to either receiver the WIFI is the way to go.

I use the Dish Wifi adapter with excellent results. Almost immediate streaming (about 10 seconds or so to start up), excellent picture and sound quality, normally will play the entire movie without buffering...only one movie buffered for about 5 seconds additional part way into the movie. As mentioned you need a certain number on the on-screen guide for optimal results. Mine is usually around 50 or slightly better. Using this with a Netgear wireless-N gigabit router.

Thanks guys for the input; I will order one tonight. I guess I am a bit slow, but where is the streaming, minimum of 40, on the onscreen guide? I have only seen a streaming meter while I am streaming something--it will show one bar out of four or something like that. Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone posting on this is a new customer to dish or someone who is now is the process of moving to dish from cable or directv Amy thoughts or feedback?

I'm a new dish customer but I can't figure out how to sign up and get that free Blockbuster streaming for 1 year.
I managed login and look under my offers, all I see is just Dish Platinum $10/month until end of December, which I am getting for free now. When I click on Blockbuster Movie Pass, I'm presented with a login prompt.

@barco13 Once you have your broadband WiFi set up on your receiver, you can press MENU/6/1/8/1/4 to get your signal strength.

I also use the $25 Dish WiFi Connector with great results.

Just merged my accounts and chatted with Dish to get my 2 Disc rental from BBMP. All went well so far. I wonder what happens to non dish equipment with Blockbuster streaming...My Samsung BD player is tied in to stream BB, and I had one free streaming for doing it. I guess I'll try over the weekend with the Sammy just to see what will happen...Not really a big deal to me since I still get streaming with the 722k.

Ghpr13:)

Just merged my accounts and chatted with Dish to get my 2 Disc rental from BBMP. All went well so far. I wonder what happens to non dish equipment with Blockbuster streaming...My Samsung BD player is tied in to stream BB, and I had one free streaming for doing it. I guess I'll try over the weekend with the Sammy just to see what will happen...Not really a big deal to me since I still get streaming with the 722k.

I have tried on my bluray player this weekend too. I activated it this weekend and got one free stream too. Everything else is pay per stream on the bluray player. They are calling it Blockbuster on Demand and saying it is a different service than Blockbuster Movie Pass. At least for now it doesn't seem like you can use other Blockbuster streaming devices like bluray players, tivo, tvs, smartphones, or stand alone streaming boxes with the Blockbuster Movie Pass.

I hope they change this soon because my mancave/sports room/basement is the room where I do most of my streaming. It has my new HD tv, bluray player, 5.1 system, and my Xbox 360 but it only has a 211k receiver. Our 722k is in the living room and tv2 is one of the bedrooms. That receiver is primarily used by my family who doesn't stream at all so there wont be a lot of Blockbuster streaming for me until they allow it on other devices. For now I'll get my blurays from Blockbuster and stream with Netflix.

How does Blockbuster deal with tv show season sets and with single movies that come on two discs? I imagine I can just take one of the four or so discs in the TV show seasons and I would get both DVDs for the movie.

How does Blockbuster deal with tv show season sets and with single movies that come on two discs? I imagine I can just take one of the four or so discs in the TV show seasons and I would get both DVDs for the movie.

I think you are right. I have rented several tv shows and if they are multiple disk sets you get them one disk at a time. The only movie I have rented that was more than 1 disk long was one of the Godfather movies. They gave me both disks for that movie and counted it as one disk. It would be very frustrating if they didn't. If you were on a 1 disk plan you would only be able to watch half the movie and then wait several days for the second disk to arrive to finish the movie.

Got my first BB disc on Tuesday. Said "short wait" in the Que but it looks like it shipped the first business day after going into my Que.

Movie was "Hanna" in blu-ray.

Got my first BB disc on Tuesday. Said "short wait" in the Que but it looks like it shipped the first business day after going into my Que.

Movie was "Hanna" in blu-ray.

yeah the indicator doesn't always indicate how long it will take as I have had "Long Wait" movies ship right away.

On a sadder note...the move you received, Hanna...it sucked.

yeah the indicator doesn't always indicate how long it will take as I have had "Long Wait" movies ship right away.

On a sadder note...the move you received, Hanna...it sucked.

Haven't watched it yet but . . . you could say that about 99% of the crap coming out of Hollywood these days. ;)

I actually had a hard time finding 10 movies to build my Que. :confused:

Yeah, I'm a little confused by the number of post that got new movies (i.e.: Thor, X-men) shipped out when I've had them in my queue for a while now and it's still showing "very long wait". Also, BB shipped me disc 2 of "The Count of Monte Cristo" which I received last Saturday, then on Monday I received disc 1. Both of the disc I had return prior to "The Count of Monte Cristo" BB got back on the same day.

How do I tell where BB is shipping my disc from?

Yeah, I'm a little confused by the number of post that got new movies (i.e.: Thor, X-men) shipped out when I've had them in my queue for a while now and it's still showing "very long wait". Also, BB shipped me disc 2 of "The Count of Monte Cristo" which I received last Saturday, then on Monday I received disc 1. Both of the disc I had return prior to "The Count of Monte Cristo" BB got back on the same day.

How do I tell where BB is shipping my disc from?

i guess its where ever it goes back to on the envelope?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)