DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Huh. I failed to pay attention to the original address, but mine went back to Richmond, VA, which is not listed. Gaithersburg, MD, would be overnight for me. Heck, Richmond VA would have been overnight for me, too.

same here

I merged my account 3 days ago and none of the DVDs I have in my queue have been mailed and they are available. I tried chat 3 times that is a joke then tried to get help through facebook Dish Answers they tried to help but couldnt. Address is right and used same email on dish network as I did on blockbuster since when I merged the accounts I had a old blockbuster account with my email address and it found it. I can put stuff in the queue it just wont mail anything.

I have satellite internet so I cant stream and I dont have a local store so without DVDs in the mail I will be cancelling this it I dont get something in the next few days

I talked to Dish and Blockbuster and they told me several people are having this issue of no discs shipping and they should go out by Monday 10/9. I am in California if that makes a difference.

i think when read about the blockbuster movie pass you got read close, you are left with the impression of getting bb videos streamed but it doesnt say that it says all the platinum channels will be streamed, it doesnt say bb videos but it is titled with bb name, but i have hopes maybe they will have them shortly, that would be great competition with netflix. they need it . i have had netflix for about 4 yrs or so,i currently have the 3 disks at a time plus free streaming with taxes and everything it costs over 25, but for past few months i noticed the variety of disks are getting smaller and smaller so i saw on blockbuster they have all im searching for that netflix doesnt have. and for the past year with net flix, alot of the disks i dont get i just get front paper of it or if i do get them they are all scratched up or cracked or unplayable, so im only getting about 1 a wk. so im giving blockbuster a try.got my first disk in yesterday disk looked good and played good, this morning i went to my queue, i say alot of the videos that went to bb for are now unavailable. , so im going to sit back and see how things are gonna go. i wish their streaming had cartoons for the kids they didnt appear to have much in that area, hopefully they will have more in the future.

i think when read about the blockbuster movie pass you got read close, you are left with the impression of getting bb videos streamed but it doesnt say that it says all the platinum channels will be streamed, it doesnt say bb videos but it is titled with bb name, but i have hopes maybe they will have them shortly, that would be great competition with netflix. they need it . i have had netflix for about 4 yrs or so,i currently have the 3 disks at a time plus free streaming with taxes and everything it costs over 25, but for past few months i noticed the variety of disks are getting smaller and smaller so i saw on blockbuster they have all im searching for that netflix doesnt have. and for the past year with net flix, alot of the disks i dont get i just get front paper of it or if i do get them they are all scratched up or cracked or unplayable, so im only getting about 1 a wk. so im giving blockbuster a try.got my first disk in yesterday disk looked good and played good, this morning i went to my queue, i say alot of the videos that went to bb for are now unavailable. , so im going to sit back and see how things are gonna go. i wish their streaming had cartoons for the kids they didnt appear to have much in that area, hopefully they will have more in the future.
Since I had the free platinum, I signed up with BB directly and get 3 disks for 30 days free. No real advantage for me to sign with dish since I would lose my free platinum that runs out the first of Feb. The price is the same, this way I can try BB for 30 days and if I don't want to continue then I still have my free platinum till Feb. It seems that platinum is all that dish is streaming.

If you return a mailed DVD to a store will you still get another DVD mailed or will you have to return the store disc back first before the next mail DVD arrives? And as others have said it looks like dish subs don't have access to the blockbuster streaming? At least I can't find it...

Since I had the free platinum, I signed up with BB directly and get 3 disks for 30 days free. No real advantage for me to sign with dish since I would lose my free platinum that runs out the first of Feb. The price is the same, this way I can try BB for 30 days and if I don't want to continue then I still have my free platinum till Feb. It seems that platinum is all that dish is streaming.
There really has been no word, that I'm aware of, as to whether the streaming will expand into the BB library. I wish some official word would come forth about BB library streaming and whether or not it will be incorporated into Platinum eventually.

There really has been no word, that I'm aware of, as to whether the streaming will expand into the BB library. I wish some official word would come forth about BB library streaming and whether or not it will be incorporated into Platinum eventually.

What is this BB library, I don't believe Blockbuster has any deals with any kind of streaming content(except for pay per view of movies) with studios like Netflix and Amazon.

Heh, no, all the PPV stuff isn't suddenly going to become free to streaming customers if that is what you are actually asking. Those are completely different terms and contracts with the studios for distribution of those titles as PPV offerings I believe.

For all intents and purposes it's a completely separate service.

Heh, no, all the PPV stuff isn't suddenly going to become free to streaming customers if that is what you are actually asking. Those are completely different terms and contracts with the studios for distribution of those titles as PPV offerings I believe.

Agreed and that was point i was making, they do not have a streaming library like Netflix and Amazon, only PPV.

Also, I have not seen not one press release for any new steaming only content (like Netflix) on Blockbuster.

For comparison go this this site to see all the new content Netflix has added in the last month-

instantwatcher.com - Newly Available on Instant

For newly released stuff, I'd definitely agree. However, for television and older movies, no reason why not to allow streaming of that... unless they would think $10 a month wouldn't be enough.

For newly released stuff, I'd definitely agree. However, for television and older movies, no reason why not to allow streaming of that... unless they would think $10 a month wouldn't be enough.

And again they don't have rights to offer those older movies except as PPV.

For example, look up The Others on BB site, charging a $2.99 rental for it, yet Netflix has it as part of their streaming service because of the deal they signed with the studio.

Dish really needs to pony up the $$$ for exclusive content like how they offered $1.9 billion for Hulu( but most insiders think Hulu will turn that down since they don't feel it is enough and Dish wants extra rights that the content providers don't want to give up).

Business Insider: Low Bids Could Doom Hulu Auction – Deadline.com

ACK! I was terribly uninformed about BB Online. I thought BB Online was competitive with Netflix, not completely unlike it.

I wish I had known that earlier. Would have had much lower expectations.

I'd disagree about gaining "exclusive" rights. Just get the rights to stream it.

Is there a list somewhere of what movies are available for streaming through bbmp? Im hearing that there isnt anything different from the movies that were available from the the platinum package, and all dish did was rename it.

I don't think it is correct comparison. If you are not a dish network subscriber then probably you can complain but if you are a dishnetwork subscriber. You are getting all of those things free. I have most of my family members cancel netflix pass who were disnetwork subscribers and they are really happy with the change.

In some ways it's a very valid comparison. The press conference was a bit misleading in some respects, and Dish could've really made this a lot more competitive with Netflix, and they still might. I like it, but it could be much more too.

I think it was a misunderstanding. I thought BB Online streamed like Netflix, but it doesn't do anything remotely like that. So this means that BBMP includes streaming of Platinum content and one disc out at a time with BB. It was an improvement, however, if you've been watching Platinum for a while, the only real benefit is the mailing disc rental.

So yes, the BBMP was no where near what people were expecting, but that was because they were expecting much more. Dish didn't help in that, but BBMP is still a good deal.

And this was never about Netflix, I don't think. It is about Directv, Comcast, Time Warner. Its about offering a service that they can't offer at all. Not many BB like companies out there these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)