DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Very possible. I don't like the wording because I could switch, which would cost me an early term fee, and then be told I was not in the first 100.

I'm sure they'd take more than 100, that advertising trick is usually just used to create a sense of urgency so people call sooner.
Or less than 100, if any. Same advertising trick could be used to generate interest but when you call "oh, you're too late, but..." and still make some sales.

I've come to the realization that there will be a day that I will jump ship, but AMC won't be the deciding factor.

I also got a call from Dish yesterday asking about my Roku. How is it working? Am I able to order using Amazon? Basically, don't expect AMC anytime soon.

They never asked me if I was using it to watch AMC. (I think some posters said they asked them) They were more concentrated on if I was using it, did I have any problems using it. The calls could be just as much about their weighing using the Roku for programming beyond the Internationals.

I wish someone would actually be there when I answer so they would stop calling me. I know that it happens a lot with a system like they use, but it so irritating. I have gotten about 6 calls over the last few weeks that resulted in me only talking to myself.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I wish someone would actually be there when I answer so they would stop calling me. I know that it happens a lot with a system like they use, but it so irritating. I have gotten about 6 calls over the last few weeks that resulted in me only talking to myself.

i know right! i answered it thursday evening and they never said a word.

I also got a call from Dish yesterday asking about my Roku. How is it working? Am I able to order using Amazon? Basically, don't expect AMC anytime soon.

I got the same call. Was chatting with the lady and mentioned that I got a lot of info from hee. She replied that she was looking at the forum right then.

Dishman1978 said:
Using an Xbox I can down load walking dead thru Amazon right? Or do I need a Roku?

You should have no problems with 360 as long as you are a gold member.

I wonder how many cancellation calls dish will get this weekend? it looks like loyalty may have their hands full this weekend and maybe before the weekend.

That's a good question, but the outcome of the Dish-AMC relationship all boils down to what happens with the Voom-Dish case. You would hope that both sides come to settlement prior to the case being turned over to a jury...however, the bad blood must run deep because, just like the Energizer Bunny, this standoff "It keeps going, and going and going." Regardless, the upcoming season of The Walking Dead is going to be a major test for Dish. Perhaps Charlie's demographics demonstrate his customers don't really care about Zombies...but perhaps they won't. We shall see.