DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

lparsons21 said:
I can understand that feeling. But check to see what D* has in HD before you make the switch. If D* doesn't have the channels you want in HD, I guarantee you that you won't be happy with D*'s really bad SD version!

Also, check to see if D* offers the channels you want. In addition, also check D*'s packages and pricing (especially after the new customer promo period).

I don't care who's right, I'm going to be mad at company that provides me the channels and then takes them away. Don't give me the "our bill will go up" bs because that will happen with or without AMC. I've never once had a cable/sat company lower my bill and it will not start here.

It doesn't make you wrong, but you will find many here who disagree. If left unchecked you would be here posting what the hell is going to be done about my bill. You willing to pay for NY's RSN's that you can't even watch? You want to pay $10 or more for locals instead of $6.99. You can complain about the cost now, but it would be in the face of Dish being less than most anyone.Yes the bill will go up, what did you expect, the Dish cost of doing business doesn't go up? It's about how much it goes up. If AMC is a channel you do watch, when not under contract switch. It may be worth it to pay more or have less effective equipment in some cases to get the channels you want, only you can decide that. I don't know at what the point is, but at some point Dish can't just drop channels I think we agree. And as I have already said, in this particular case I don't agree with Dish 100% because it's partly vindictive in my opinion. Still, there is some truth to what Dish is saying, and it is a channel in the big scheme of things no one watches, or no one watches other than a couple of shows. That's fine, but then don't say you are worth 3X the amount when you give your programming to other places.
As a new customer you can do better with Direct for something like two years for price, though lose some channels in HD, but they will be there.

Direct sd version is better than Dish sd version :)

Not on Direct's best day! :)

I found that the only way I can really enjoy the SD on Direct is to not watch it at all. I can tolerate it if I do a couple things, here's my rules for D* SD:
1. Always record the event
2. Watch it first before you watch any HD. That way your eyes won't notice they've been screwed... :)
3. On my setup, I've found that my TV does the best job of upconverting, so I have Native On and 480p/720p/1080i&p so that happens.

The irritating part with D*'s SD is that it is bad on all channels, but sometimes it is worse on a single program on a channel. For instance, Top Gear on BBCA usually looks tolerable on my plasma, but Doctor Who really sucks.

how do you feel about TWC sd whitewolf8214? around here it is putrid, and their HD leaves a lot to be desired.

chiller on dish looks bad. i've emailed chiller about HD but get no answer and thats why we need....not gonna say it ;)

Honestly, I thought it looked worse on D* (at least when we had D*). So imagine that (if you think it looks bad on E*). It may just be the channel in general, too. Hopefully, the HD feed of it is not as bad....LOL

Tampa8 said:
It doesn't make you wrong, but you will find many here who disagree. If left unchecked you would be here posting what the hell is going to be done about my bill. You willing to pay for NY's RSN's that you can't even watch? You want to pay $10 or more for locals instead of $6.99. You can complain about the cost now, but it would be in the face of Dish being less than most anyone.Yes the bill will go up, what did you expect, the Dish cost of doing business doesn't go up? It's about how much it goes up. If AMC is a channel you do watch, when not under contract switch. It may be worth it to pay more or have less effective equipment in some cases to get the channels you want, only you can decide that. I don't know at what the point is, but at some point Dish can't just drop channels I think we agree. And as I have already said, in this particular case I don't agree with Dish 100% because it's partly vindictive in my opinion. Still, there is some truth to what Dish is saying, and it is a channel in the big scheme of things no one watches, or no one watches other than a couple of shows. That's fine, but then don't say you are worth 3X the amount when you give your programming to other places.
As a new customer you can do better with Direct for something like two years for price, though lose some channels in HD, but they will be there.

I agree with you. That's way I going to drag out the dead horse and say al la carte. That's the only way subscribers will really begin to take notice in the true value of these channels. In my house, NBC Sports Net is more valuable than ESPN. Heck, the Sirius XM Music channels are more valuable than ESPN.

I know what you mean, we have a couple channels that we watch even more than the "popular" ones. My wife in particular would be lost without the SiriusXM channels, she just prefers using one remote, one "appliance" etc... to watch TV, listen to music, etc,,,, Nothing for her to dock/undock......goes through our stereo system.
EuroNews is a must have, and don't let Dish know but we might be able to do without alot of channels before we would ever switch because they offer it.
I won't start the whole A La Carte debate here..... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)