DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Where are the "high quality replacements"? A SD version of HDNet and Style? Don't think so E*, I expect some statement credits if that's all you got.

Its so tiring to go through this yet again!
Its so obvious that dish is punishing Rainbow
because of Voom.

I have had dish since the late 90s.
I think dish needs to lose this Voom battle.
On principle alone.

It really stinks! Who suffers? We do!

because of Voom.

On principle alone.

Well atleast you have a company to fall back on. You still have 2 providers correct?

Well atleast you have a company to fall back on. You still have 2 providers correct?

You would be correct. But my wifes favorite is Dish
Which pretty much means its mine as well..lol

I really love the new dish equipment-Smooth as silk.
But I guess in times like this with companies like
dish, I guess having a backup is good. But costly.

because of Voom.

On principle alone.

Amen and as long as charlie has the money going in his pocket and his lawyers he dont care about us and what we get :D :) the only way to stop charlie and his madness is showing him in his wallet by switching proviers and make him lose customers every month :)

Man I was just taking a look at DISH's Facebook page... and OUCH. Not a positive thing about DISH there.

DISH really needs to disable comments on that page or take it down altogether.

You would be correct. But my wifes favorite is Dish
Which pretty much means its mine as well..lol

I really love the new dish equipment-Smooth as silk.
But I guess in times like this with companies like
dish, I guess having a backup is good. But costly.

or as some other guy around here says, "buttery smooth" :D

Man I was just taking a look at DISH's Facebook page... and OUCH. Not a positive thing about DISH there.

Lol, I went to look since you mentioned it.
Ouch indeed.
That said, 90% of those threatening to leave will go nowhere once they calm down, or realize what it would cost to swap in contract.

Umm. No. They need to listen to what they're customers are saying to them. That is the point of having a FB page.

For those who are out of contract, the new sub deals from DirecTV and cable will look mighty enticing.
True, I swapped the other direction recently for the promos. Even in contract it saved me money. It CAN be a hassle for some though, and I would imagine that many of them will simply choose to stay put.

I cant see why dish would start to hear what customers have to say. Mass loss of subs due to fees jumping from $7 to $17 and soon loss of quality channels that cant be replaced by OTA.

If they cant figure whats going wrong and fix it fast we could see another drop in subs and some new fees to try and level the books like the tivo suit .

Curious Scott, at what point or rather
what would it take for Dish to listen to its customers?

How many ''true'' disconnects would it take?
What would you guess?

The cable and IPTV companies have very easy installations, and make it very easy to switch. DirecTV is obviously not as simple because of the new dish and switch.

But, those deals, including extra incentives for sat customers, are verrrrrry enticing. I've taken advantage of $250 cash back from U-verse, along with promo pricing, and similar deals from Comacast.

I'm back with Dish now. But, if AMC is still gone for the next season of Mad Man, I will be switching again. The wife hates switching and learning a new DVR and channel numbers (although we had to do this anyway with the Hopper on the same carrier). But, she will do it for Mad Men in a Tokyo second.

Curious Scott, at what point or rather
what would it take for Dish to listen to its customers?

How many ''true'' disconnects would it take?
What would you guess?

I dont think they will listen in this case. I think their mind has been made up on this matter.

They know how many people actually watch this channel at anytime. So I am guessing they have it figured out how many customers they may lose and find it an acceptable trade off.

I really hate these programming Disputes. Everytime DISH makes some kick ass equipment and get possitve PR then they do this and it kills all the positive buzz they had going for themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)