DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

So you take as Gospel what AMC says. (And please note I specifcially said I don't either believe or disbelieve it, so I am not blindly discounting it, but with Uverse also dropping them, there's more than just VOOM) Also don't forget there was a third small carrier who was in dispute over the exact same thing, increase being asked for.

Wouldn't know unless I visited these forums. Don't think I have ever had AMC on my TV for more than 15 seconds.

Does DISH have a way to see how many people watch certain channels and for what duration?

I kinda think it is going to be funny when dish has to pay 2.5 billion for pulling the voom channels. They already are on the wrong side of the court for destroying evidence!!! Karma is a Bitch Charlie!!!!!!!

I don't follow that. The Karma is AMC just lost any access to millions of subscibers on two carriers. For the sake of argument, if it's over VOOM, was it worth it? (Yes I know, hardly any of them actually did watch anyway)

it's sad that we lose 4 channels because Charlie Cheapo hates the Dolans with passion and he's isn't a basketball. and to quote WWE Superstar Batista, Basketballs don't hold grudges. but Charlie Cheapo does, see the Disney dispute.

I don't follow that. The Karma is AMC just lost any access to millions of subscibers on two carriers. For the sake of argument, if it's over VOOM, was it worth it? (Yes I know, hardly any of them actually did watch anyway)
2.5 billion reasons it was worth it! Charlie cheapo will stop at nothing but to drive his beloved company in the ground!!!!!! Gets more and more pathetic by the minute!! To pay this 2.5 billion RECEIVER FEES ARE GOING TO BE $ 25.00 per receiver and the new dvr rate will be $30.00 per receiver! I am Charlie Cheapo and I stand behind my product! Thats all folks!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
DirecTV sub here. I'm sorry Dish Network customers are being put through this. Hope it doesn't take long, and that these AMC Networks return to the lineup A.S.A.P. And, thanks to Dish having more non-premium channels in high definition, I hope you Dish subscribers get all the AMC Networks in HD. (Not just AMC HD.)

Oh ya, a couple are a doosie already.....

Yes as always, I assure they will be I intresting. At least we are past the countdown part

Personally, even thought I have already had the channels I think I may give HD net movies more of a look now that they are in the 100 area where I do most of my channel surfing

I have not subscribed to Pay TV for sometime now. But, I do watch AMC shows on Netflix or ITunes. This weekend I was visiting a relatives house who has pay TV. We were watching a movie on AMC when I noticed the scrolling banner stating that Dish and ATT were dropping the channels. Why doesn't AMC also explain on the banner why DISH and ATT are dropping them? It is because AMC wants more $$, and they know that any increase will be passed on to the subscriber...
One thing I also noticed while watching the movie is the numerous amounts of lengthy commercial breaks. The commercial breaks almost made the movie unwatchable. My son, who is used to watching Netflix, also noticed the commercials and questioned why there were so many. He lost interest in the movie. I understand that TV shows are only shown so that we will watch the commercials, but AMC has an insane amout of commercials..If I had pay tv, and my bill increased because AMC wants more $$ - I would cancel on the spot...

E-mail from Dish:

DISH will make sure you can still watch Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, and The Walking Dead. We have some very rewarding offers in place. Find out how to enjoy your shows on Amazon® and iTunes® on your computer or by streaming through your Xbox®, PlayStation®, Apple TV® or Roku®. Call today at 1-888-581-1972 to learn more.

Thanks for being a valued DISH customer.

Sincerely,
DISH

The Harrington said:
E-mail from Dish:

DISH will make sure you can still watch Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, and The Walking Dead. We have some very rewarding offers in place. Find out how to enjoy your shows on Amazon® and iTunes® on your computer or by streaming through your Xbox®, PlayStation®, Apple TV® or Roku®. Call today at 1-888-581-1972 to learn more.

Thanks for being a valued DISH customer.

Sincerely,
DISH

Have you called? This is interesting.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)