DISH Drops AMC Networks (AMC Back on DISH channel 131)

Peas....really.This thread is all over the place lol.

for the record I could care less if they ever sold another pea period!

dare2be said:
Ok, I'm confused. I've read posts from ex-D* customers here that the Hopper PQ seems to be a little bit better than D*'s now. :p

I am one of the ex D people that believe this, not that it's better per say but equal but I didn't want to post the pq debate, plus I didn't want to go to pq since Its the amc thread but I guess I did

Last edited:
So, why do you spend so much time on this side, other than to cheer lead for yours? I'm pretty confident and proud that WE, for the most part, stay on our side of the fence.

what difference does it make whose side he is on...........is this not a free country.........or has that changed too!!!!!!!!

Important to treat others like garbage. I'm sorry but I have more respect for the old bats who yell at the people who stock the shelves at the local grocery store because they are out of the canned peas that were on sale. And I get angry listening to those people that at times I wish I could send my cart flying down the isle and take out one of their hips. And that canned peas are more a necessity than us seeing Bridezilla. I love tv and anything else electronic. Don't get me started on radio. But if it went away, I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep. I'm not speaking against people being against something, but be civil. The people who answer the phone at Dish aren't the lowest forms of human beings because you can't see Breaking Bad.

I agree with you that those in customer service should not be treated like garbage. That being said, it is very frustrating, calling pretty much any company for help, and getting a bunch of standard answers, then spending hours on the phone to work your way up the customer service ladder. I blame the companies for not training their employee's better.
It is unfortunate that the CS reps on the front lines take the brunt of angry customers complaints, but we as consumers are paying good money for our goods and services, and when we call, we should be able to get some answers in a couple of minutes on the phone, not hours of worthless babble.

Hoppers can see each other... even if you have 3 of them. Probably 4 though no one probably has 4 to try.
Hoppers *can*? now see each other? From day one it wasn't possible... so they've fixed that.. ??

Still shows that the hoppers were like 922's when released.. features promised but not activated "yet" ...

Please call D. I want you to be happy instead of PO'd ALL the time. They may even pay your ETF.
I know.. and it may come down to terms that I am PO'd at DirecTV all the time next :) I've been reading over in the DirecTv forum that the DVR they have me slated to get ... and was just equated to the 922 by another user .. may have issues.. but like in the Dish side of the house.. some people have issues, while others breeze along without a problem.

Asside ..
I'd like to again address civility with Dish and CSR's .. personally I was angry but civil until I got to retention dept ... I gave them the question .. and perhaps its my fault .. for assuming that the CSR that transferred me there thought *they* were doing the right thing.. because the issue really wasn't one of "retention" it was one of *I've got one simple question* but they didn't want to answer it straight out of the gate because they wanted to turn me from disgruntled and prepping to leave dish .. to someone that's going to praise their generosity for free roku and reimbursement for one or two shows I really love..

Rubbish .. Dish is willing to spend what.. 75? 100? on roku's, reimbursement to 10 bucks? and give 120 dollars in discounts ... but instead of paying 1 dollar more per subscriber to AMC .. (dish's side of the story) ... rubbish .... the reality is that dish, even spending 200 dollars per customer that complains .. knows keeping them long term, will net them more, because the customer actually has to take action to get this freebie they offer..

I'm sure there are number crunchers there at Dish .. that if they see this upswell of customers leaving or getting these freebies.. that they have a dollar value at which this becomes a 'forget it .. we're going to bring back AMC' .. the problem is that *we* don't know this value they've placed.. so we can't really incite the riot of mass exodus to get them to that point now ... not a month from now.

I've enjoyed dish .. but like I try to clarify .. I've had it with them .. 10+ years with a company that really isn't in it for the customer (you *can* have a good profitable company that is in it for the customer .. "for the love of the thing") and I've had it.

Currently setup with a DirecTv install on the 21'st
Comcast is my only other alternative and they too have a value (though their hardware has never been that of Dish or Directv)

rapidturtle said:
I agree with you that those in customer service should not be treated like garbage. That being said, it is very frustrating, calling pretty much any company for help, and getting a bunch of standard answers, then spending hours on the phone to work your way up the customer service ladder. I blame the companies for not training their employee's better.
It is unfortunate that the CS reps on the front lines take the brunt of angry customers complaints, but we as consumers are paying good money for our goods and services, and when we call, we should be able to get some answers in a couple of minutes on the phone, not hours of worthless babble.

Agreed. That's a very fair rebuttal.

I chatted earlier today, and was very polite to the csr. I got a $10 credit for 6 months, which I will take. I didn't push very hard for a roku. I did think it was odd I was being told I could go out and purchase the device and then pay $2 to $3 per episode without being offered it. That being said, I'm not sure how much we would use it and I don't really view that as a replacement for the channels. If I did, I wouldn't have satellite service. I'm going to see what happens with this but it doesn't look promising. My daughter and I were enjoying 3 stooges on amc. I already had hdnet and hdnet movies so that didn't give me anything. I did let the csr know I think it was good for dish to take a stand, but it sounded like this revolved around the lawsuit. I like not being in a contract right now; I know that.

Ahhh thank you =) I can't wait! I keep hearing about Direct's HD pq being better and I can't wait to tell Dish why I am cancelling. Well to tell you the truth I was happy with Dish and really did not want to go through the time and aggravation of changing carriers, but AMC is a very important channel to my wife and I.
Sounds like the best way for you to go.

I got $10 for 12 months. I got an email telling me how I could get my AMC shows from iTunes, etc. And the email said that Dish had some nice offers for this. It took me having to tell the csr I was upset about it, got transferred to loyalty, then had to go through it all again.

So dish is giving credits or Rokus or whatever, and with the Roku deal they are saying, "here is a device for free so you can still watch your shows". So lets say you watch 3 shows, at 13 episodes a piece. Thats 39 episodes at $2 and around $80. That is a little less than $7 a month. I wonder how much AMC was asking for, would it have increased my bill $7 a month more?

question: for dish subs that do not have access to highspeed internet and places like itunes, amazon, ect
what is dish offering?

question: for dish subs that do not have access to highspeed internet and places like itunes, amazon, ect
what is dish offering?
OO my god,:rant: Dish doesn't have to offer anything. PROGRAM SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!!!!
So I for one think its nice that they are. How about someone else telling use about another company that has gone to this experience to try and keep their customers happy.

OO my god,:rant: Dish doesn't have to offer anything. PROGRAM SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!!!!
So I for one think its nice that they are. How about someone else telling use about another company that has gone to this experience to try and keep their customers happy.

sure, directv just keeps the stations :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts