Dish Network and Tivo Settle Lawsuit!!!!

This is great news for Dish Network and Tivo. This is one step that is in the best interest of all costumers. I hope that this is a step in order to better serve the costumers of Dish Network and provide better service.

While I think there are many improvements that can be had if they did not worry about Tivo patents, how is the Dish "record new" option different from season pass? Or the Tivo wish list from the Dish Pass feature. "Record new" just has a less fancy name.
It might not be much different other than the way it is named. But the time warp feature that DISH had before the Tivo lawsuit , worked without any black screens at the start of dvr recordings. I am hoping that this and other features will be fixed or added to the DISH software.

I think everyone missed a big one... If Tivo is to make DVR's for Dish only.... as per in the press release... Guess what directv guys no Tivo for you!

I don't read that in the press release. Where does it say that Tivo is making DVRs for Dish at all (let alone only for Dish?)

No Bob- DirecTV will be buying their DVR's from Echostar / Tivo.

While TIVO stock spiked a little this morning ( sixty cents), Dish stock took off like a rocket and jumped 19% and is still climbing. ( Oh well, missed that one. :( )

Man this is really setting Team Summit up to be full of new things. I'm pretty excited to get there and hear what Dish's plans are. I head out to Denver tomorrow morning.

A side note for everyone, Tivo stock is up 9% and Dish up 11% this morning.

to design and make certain DVR-enabled products solely for DISH Network and two international customers.

No, you have to read the whole sentence: "TiVo also granted EchoStar a license under the same ‘389 patent and certain related patents, for the remaining life of those patents, to design and make certain DVR-enabled products solely for DISH Network and two international customers."

TiVo granted a licence to E* to make certain products. This is E* making them with the Tivo patents not the other way around.

Of lessor news but IMO more important, Dish turned around it's falling numbers and reported a 20.54% growth in earnings as well as a 58,000 increase in subscribers Q1.

Just pulled the trigger on some TIVO stock, first time in 2 years I'm a buyer of them. At this moment the stock just went from a very high risk to a bargain.

Dish is making some major moves this year. I like what they are doing. They're being aggressive and trying to stay ahead of the game. There better be some exciting news in Denver. I know I'm excited.

I am stunned that Charlie caved. Surely there is more to the story. Oh well, maybe my skip back function will work again.

Navychop- I'm not most here were realizing that eventually with another court ordered payment, Dish would have been paying TIVO to stay alive long enough that the court ordered payments would be on behalf of long expired patents. Charlie is a businessman and just made a good business decision. The initial payment will hardly make a dent in their reserves.

I am stunned that Charlie caved. Surely there is more to the story. Oh well, maybe my skip back function will work again.
Didn't cave realized that TIVO would be worthless if he pounded them into the ground now he can buy them. The people that should be the happiest are those that own TIVO's. Now they can continue to use their boxes. And Haller sure will be funny when you are paying Charlie & his beaners again after the purchase.:haha:haha:haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts