DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

The press release does not literally say they will all launch Monday. It says they will launch beginning Monday with the 2 RSNs * for a Wednesday launch but never specifies when the launching will end. It is easy to infer they mean Monday but the word "beginning" is a qualifier.

17 of them will launch today the other 2 (the RSN's) will launch on Wednesday.

Yes they will, that $30 HD only package is starting to become the best deal in television. :)

I would drop down to it, but my wife loves Tru TV which is not in HD.

My wife lives on that channel plus Nancy Grace on cnn headlines. She wants those two channels. If I moved down to the $30 hd only, she would kill me.

Scott I really need msg-hd, by next fall to keep me on dish. I can't bare to watch another buffalo sabres game in over compressed sd,when twc and D* is giving their subs HD.

The HD only package is a good idea, except for one very very very major flaw, the exclusion of the RSN(s). If I was a Dish sub, this reason alone would prevent me from taking this package.
That was the one thing that had me hesitant to make the switch. Finally I decided that there are enough games on free HD channels (Fox, ESPN, CBS, ...) that I couldn't justify keeping the RSN and continuing to pay $40/month more for AT-250 + HD.

Great. I travel twice a year for business and this has to be one of the weeks!! :(

I will be checking in to read the reactions though once the new HD is lit up....

Congrats to the E* subs. This makes the two companies much closer to each other in terms of available channels but there still is enough difference in what channels each provider has to give the customer some good reasons to pick one over the other.

E* has Voom plus a few other channels D* doesn't have where as D* has the Fox channels (FX, Speed, Fox Business), the Viacom owned channels (Spike, Nick, MTV, etc..) some premiums like the Starz! Suite, Showtime Too, TMC, HBO West and Showtime West.

As a D* sub I hope this will spur D* to light up D11 sooner then they planned to. The satellite should be parked in about two weeks. Hopefully they will light it up in June instead of September so that D* will add the other HD channels that are out that they don't have yet.

Of the 4 channels E* added that D* doesn't have, I would like to have ABC Family, Travel HD, and Cinemax 5 Star.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)