Dish Network News

My commitment has ended and I'm just waiting to see what unfolds before I make any moves.
Ditto. It looks more and more like I will be dumping E* after over 10 yrs. I've looked at D* and they aren't much better - especially since you cannot purchase their receivers. My cable co (TimeWarner) is pretty rotten on their packages and pricing, so that's no better option.

I would really like to subscribe to some of the channels out there, but just cannot justify the amounts of money they are demanding - nor the insane contract commitments.

I haven't given up on them yet, but I am oh-so-close.

* And yes, I do realize that one aspect of the crazy prices is what the content providers are requiring.

OT: Anyone remember when cable first rolled out? Weren't they justifying the cost of the subscription by touting the lack of commercials as compared to broadcast TV? Whatever happened to that???

OT: Anyone remember when cable first rolled out? Weren't they justifying the cost of the subscription by touting the lack of commercials as compared to broadcast TV? Whatever happened to that???

Back then it was also considered a luxury... seems most people today consider it more of a necessity of life.

People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them we only watch OTA.

I've toyed with going to D*, but just cant make it work equipment-wise, and i'm one of the 7 people that watch Voom a bunch.

I got the distinct impression during the summer that you were pretty unhappy with E*. Is/was that true? I'm curious about why you're ramping up on E* and ramping down on D*. Figure your answer might help me put the decision about what to do to rest for a while. thanks.
My answer in short! Unless they show me a bill thats less the $100 per month HD and DVR for 3 rooms. I refuse to upgrade my D* service. D* I'm sorry if no one else agrees but after really reviewing my bill they are getting way out of hand.

$96 per month for 3 rooms top 250 with HD,DVR in 2 rooms and protection plan and my tax included. $109.45 for the D* is what I've been paying. For the about the same service.I can't see doing it any longer.Even with D* family pack its still costs me $54.96 per month. For a nothing service D* needs to have more options.

My answer in short! Unless they show me a bill thats less the $100 per month HD and DVR for 3 rooms. I refuse to upgrade my D* service. D* I'm sorry if no one else agrees but after really reviewing my bill they are getting way out of hand.

My reply is short! HD/DVR Plus $69.99, HD Access $9.99, HD Extra Pack (optional) $4.99, 2 Additional Receivers $9.98. Total $94.95 per month with Directv.

You've been shown.:)

My reply is short! HD/DVR Plus $69.99, HD Access $9.99, HD Extra Pack (optional) $4.99, 2 Additional Receivers $9.98. Total $94.95 per month with Directv.

You've been shown.:)
What about your protection plan? How about tax, How about the 3rd room. So $5.99 +$4.99 and $7 Tax. Now thats compairing

What about your protection plan? How about tax, How about the 3rd room. So $5.99 +$4.99 and $7 Tax. Now thats compairing

The 3rd room is included in the price (!st room in base pack, 2 additional receivers), the protection plan is not, because I posted before the OP added that info. Tax was not included because all states do not charge tax, evidently PA does.:)

Happy New Year

There's too many b.s. fees added onto the programming costs bringing the total cost higher than what many of us was hoping to pay.

There's too many b.s. fees added onto the programming costs bringing the total cost higher than what many of us was hoping to pay.

Yeah but I can see all the TV Service Providers rates going up so overall rates will go up no matter who you get service from..

The 3rd room is included in the price (!st room in base pack, 2 additional receivers), the protection plan is not, because I posted before the OP added that info. Tax was not included because all states do not charge tax, evidently PA does.:)

Happy New Year
I understand,But Dish protection is free with your commitment .So why does D* have to charge me for their leased equipment. Also yes PA charges sales tax. but not satellite tax. Food and clothes are tax free in PA.Dish Top 250 comes with Encore pack as well with DVR atvantage its $59.99 per month.HD is $20 plus $6 for my 3rd room so if I add Cinemax which I did its $10 more.Is $95.99. 2 rooms are DVR ,1 is HD,and another room is HD. So again for D* $69.99 HDAccess,+$9.98 for 2 rooms $5.99 for PTP and if I want Encore its $12"but I would get starz too" But I want Cinemax so I would have to add $11 more for 2 less channels then Dish. OK 108.96

I would love it if Dish included Voom in a different package than their other HD channels. I have only two Voom channels in my favorites list, and still don't watch them.

True, but Dish charges about $30 for a service call with their protection, Directv charges $0.:)

True, I just paid $29.99 for a trip charge to replace a defective LNB that E* just settle with the manufacture in a lawsuit concerning defective LNBs. Now E* gets compensated for the defective LNBs. I guess E* got compensated for the service calls from the law suit, and from the customer having to pay the trip charge. Good deal for E*!

I dropped E* last year and went back to cable(TWC). The HD lineup is absolute crap consisting of just Discovery HD, TNTHD, HBO & Showtime HD(must have base HBO and Showtime to get this), HDNet, YesHD, MetsHD(called something else ?) and some music video channel HD. ABC, NBC, PBS, FOX HD is part of the included cable. CBS HD is not available as they are in a pissing match with the local affliate over $$$.
But I got a killer rate deal for coming from Dish and pay $125 month for cable, HBO, telephone and internet. This deal lasts another year and then I'll look at it again. We live too far out to get OTA otherwise I'd seriously look at getting that and drop cable and the phone(go to cell phone). All of the providers are pricing themselves out. Way too much for the crap that is broadcast.

Yeah the CBS affiliate is having issues with Time Warner here as well. Since I'm in the city it isn't too much of a big deal, but for people that are 30 miles any given direction it certainly is frustrating to not have CBS in HD, especially during the Football season.

I don't regret kicking the cable company out of here. As it goes, a local DSL carrier is offering speeds up to 20000/1000 and they offer real unlimited dialtone service over the same copper (not VoIP or anything like that).

I have DHPP by virtue of DIU and they replaced my 129 lnb no charge. The installer also realigned my 61.5 dish to 148 and activated my locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts