DISH’s Super Joey™ Now Available

I still feel this is releasing it way too early, and the requirements for wiring the sucker is lame. You shouldn't have to use 3 lines from the dish to the hopper and this like it does for two hoppers. I just can't believe they can't figure out a way to do this over one single cable much like Direct does with SWM.

I still feel this is releasing it way too early, and the requirements for wiring the sucker is lame. You shouldn't have to use 3 lines from the dish to the hopper and this like it does for two hoppers. I just can't believe they can't figure out a way to do this over one single cable much like Direct does with SWM.

I have a suggestion. As much as you complain about the idiots at Dish and how hard it makes your job, why don't you simply switch, services and employers... ;)

I currently have 2 hoppers, 1 joey and would like to swap out 1 of the hoppers for the SJ (So I would end up with 1 hopper, 1 SJ and 1 J). Does anyone know would I be able to do that without a tech visit? Seems like it should just be an easy swap I would think?

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!! :)

No, I'm wanting to swap out 1 of my hoppers for a SJ. So I would just change the room that currently has a hopper, to have a SJ. I would think it would it would have the same wiring/switch config as the hopper it would be replacing?

I would keep the hopper, you're basically losing 1 tuner for $2 less.

He had incomplete information at the time. You can't connect it directly to a Duo node. You have to use a Single node and an Integrator.
Yeah, I saw on another post, supposedly power issues with the node. Bummer.

Yes, I do have $30 off a month for the first year, but can easily go down to the lowest pack afterward, go all 211's with EHD's and become a thorn on Dish's side for a very long time :D
Thats the spirit! Ruin it for everyone else. For those of us who have been with Dish for a long time those comments are not welcome. why don't you just join Cable and ruin them?

Has anybody gotten a Joey-to-SuperJoey upgrade with a self-install?
I already have a DPP44 for my 1000+ antenna, with 3 feeds in from my old 722k/211 setup.
So, it's a piece of cake to add the integrator and one patch cable.
I'd prefer not to pay for install or protection plan, or even add another commitment, if possible.

Thats the spirit! Ruin it for everyone else. For those of us who have been with Dish for a long time those comments are not welcome. why don't you just join Cable and ruin them?

Ruin what? Comments not welcome? What is this the USSR? What you trying to do Scott G? Maybe more like N. Korea, I hope not :D

Ok, got the Super Joey, 2 Joeys, 1 Dennis Hopper with 2TB EHD, and 1 VIP211k with 1 TB EHD with new DPP44 to make it all work in perfect harmony. Its the REAL THING! PERFECTION! NO BUMPS OR HICCUPS AFTER CHECK SWITCHES.

Gotta love Dish technology, yes I was not too happy for paying upfront costs while others did not even though I was adding not replacing a Joey, but I understand I was a new customer and not one that Dish could retain by offering no cost replacements with NEW 24 month commitments and the fact the Dirt could not do any better. But it was worth it.

They did give me the DPP44 included which I worked out with the chat employee (2nd one was very good). I did have to train the Dish tech how to hook it all up. At first he said it would not work and once I educated him, he installed it as I instructed and in the end it all worked like I said it would.

I dropped DirecTV last night and had a Dish tech here at 8AM sharp to do his first super joey install. Two hours later I was basking in centrally managed multi-tuner heaven. :D

Yes, its really nice seeing 6 tuners (1 OTA) with some recording and some avail for a change.
Things really look amazing when a local channel is being recored or viewed, but it all fits.

The PQ off the Super Joey is way better than the Joey's. It is also snappier.

Yes, its really nice seeing 6 tuners (1 OTA) with some recording and some avail for a change.
Things really look amazing when a local channel is being recored or viewed, but it all fits.

The PQ off the Super Joey is way better than the Joey's. It is also snappier.

I really don't see how the Super Joey would look that much better than a regular Joey unless you have amazing eye site.

Has anybody gotten a Joey-to-SuperJoey upgrade with a self-install?
I already have a DPP44 for my 1000+ antenna, with 3 feeds in from my old 722k/211 setup.
So, it's a piece of cake to add the integrator and one patch cable.
I'd prefer not to pay for install or protection plan, or even add another commitment, if possible.

Only way you are going to be able to avoid a contract and be able to install it yourself is to purchase it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)