DISH’s Super Joey™ Now Available

Reasoning and extrapolating aren't sufficient support to assure that it will be allowed.
Adding an SJ is certainly less trouble than a 3rd or 4th Hopper which are allowed. There has been no indication of a policy change after training and retailer chats. Until someone actually does it, we won't know. The way CSRs are we may have two or three answers before the dust settles, but I'd bet the cost of an SJ the existing policies will hold.

Are you certain they will authorize the SJ if you self-install?

Kind of like DIRECTV people "buying" a second Genie and finding out that DIRECTV will NOT authorize it.

I don't see an issue with it. Just tell them it's purchase or better yet just have DIRT activate it for you. You don't have to call Dish when you self install, you can use DIRT.

Can someone confirm if internet is required for all six tuners to be utilized, or is that only necessary for VoD (among other features)?

No, not required but limits features as you noted.

I currently have an H2K and one Joey. Looking to upgrade to the Super Joey. Currently there are two coax wires coming through my wall. Looking at the wiring diagram, there will still be just two wires coming through the wall. All the changes will be outside, consisting of adding the integrator, with one coax from the dish to it, and then the jumper from the single node to the integrator. Is this correct? I have no problems with the installer coming inside, I just don't need more holes drilled in my walls!

I currently have an H2K and one Joey. Looking to upgrade to the Super Joey. Currently there are two coax wires coming through my wall. Looking at the wiring diagram, there will still be just two wires coming through the wall. All the changes will be outside, consisting of adding the integrator, with one coax from the dish to it, and then the jumper from the single node to the integrator. Is this correct? I have no problems with the installer coming inside, I just don't need more holes drilled in my walls!

Where is your Node at? You will now need three cables run to that location. Two cables to the Node and one to the Integrator. The Integrator should be next to the Node for proper grounding. From there you can still have two cables running in the house.

Thanks foghorn2 and Scherrman! My node is outside on the wall, under my dish. My dish isn't on the roof, just on the wall of my two story.

I redid the install over weekend, moved the solo and the DPP44 inside the garage. Only 3 lines going into the garage from the LNB grounded @ the demark. Will never trust the hot Sun here in Vegas. Too bad they insisted to install it, would have saved them time/money.

Had the Super Joey for 5 days now, not a single glitch.

I redid the install over weekend, moved the solo and the DPP44 inside the garage. Only 3 lines going into the garage from the LNB grounded @ the demark. Will never trust the hot Sun here in Vegas. Too bad they insisted to install it, would have saved them time/money.

Had the Super Joey for 5 days now, not a single glitch.

So you are saying that the super joey is working without issues? I am really surprised if it works out the box without any problems at all.

Out of the box, no issues so far. Honestly, cabling is the key to making the Hopper/Joey/Super Joey working like it should.
I also disable bridging and have Ethernet to each box in addition to MOCA.

How did you get this done with no money?

I was offered to upgrade to a Hopper with Super Joey without any costs just yesterday. I have been a customer for 11 years without any late payments, so I don't believe it is all the difficult. I have never had the protection plan and in the last year I have had to replace my 922 six times, at not cost to me either, go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)