DISH’s Super Joey™ Now Available

I really don't see how the Super Joey would look that much better than a regular Joey unless you have amazing eye site.

Yes, it shouldn't be any different, but it is in my case, also the Vip211k has a better PQ then the original Joey, believe me I compared with 2 joeys, two TV's and the 211 and the SJ. The SJ output looks identical to the Vip211k.

Yes, it shouldn't be any different, but it is in my case, also the Vip211k has a better PQ then the original Joey, believe me I compared with 2 joeys, two TV's and the 211 and the SJ. The SJ output looks identical to the Vip211k.
Maybe because you got the "old Joeys" versus the New Joeys that everyone is talking about. Did you also get a Hopper with Sling?

I dropped DirecTV last night and had a Dish tech here at 8AM sharp to do his first super joey install. Two hours later I was basking in centrally managed multi-tuner heaven. :D

Congratulations :) . You will enjoy Dish's hardware. I came back to dish last year after 5 years with Directv.

Congratulations :) . You will enjoy Dish's hardware. I came back to dish last year after 5 years with Directv.

Thanks! It was a 3 year hiatus for me after being with Dish for 12+ years previous. I'm happy to be home with some great gear.

I got mine installed yesterday. It took longer to download the software to the SuperJoey than to install the equipment. I love the responsiveness and the two new tuners. The thing is that they told me it would cost $100 and I don't see that appearing anywhere on mydish.com. Where can I see the current billing activity to verify the cost? I'd like to get the details of the current activity.

I got mine installed yesterday. It took longer to download the software to the SuperJoey than to install the equipment. I love the responsiveness and the two new tuners. The thing is that they told me it would cost $100 and I don't see that appearing anywhere on mydish.com. Where can I see the current billing activity to verify the cost? I'd like to get the details of the current activity.

My download did not take long at all. Tech was surprised how fast it was. I figured everything would be slower since two tuners are utilized through moca back to the hopper and in my case a added switch, the whole system is really as fast if not faster than before.

I see under "current charges" the cost of the SJ and prorated lease and PP fees. You will see it itemized once the bill is created.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Maybe you will get lucky and not get charged. I was a new customer as of late last year, I think if your're out of contract with good status, there are no upfront costs.

Thanks for update on the after installation and should be showing on your account by now or call or PM Dirt on here and they can help you and send you copies of you charges!! :)

is anyone giving up their 18 month $5 monthly discount for their previously grandfathered second hopper to move to a Super Joey?

$0 cost for the Super Joey just $15 for installer to come out and he did a great job!!! :)

is anyone giving up their 18 month $5 monthly discount for their previously grandfathered second hopper to move to a Super Joey?
That is one of the sticking points for me. (Along with not having two Hoppers) I'll probably just wait for a while. Don't know when the $5 discount ends. Does anyone know?

Only way you are going to be able to avoid a contract and be able to install it yourself is to purchase it.
Are you certain they will authorize the SJ if you self-install?

Kind of like DIRECTV people "buying" a second Genie and finding out that DIRECTV will NOT authorize it.

Are you certain they will authorize the SJ if you self-install?

Kind of like DIRECTV people "buying" a second Genie and finding out that DIRECTV will NOT authorize it.
Never been a problem with Dish before. Doubt it will be now for a single Hopper system.

I do wonder if they will allow SJ activation on a two Hopper system, but think they might since they will do three Hoppers if purchased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)