Don't Give Up! Stay with VOOM!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You are absolutely right

GreatMac said:
Well, yeah. It is only speculation. Loosing money to date may, or may not mean that Voom will die. At this point, those who talk don't know, and those who know, don't talk. And this goes for the WSJ and the analysts as well.

Whatever will, be will be. But the signal is still on and the we are still enjoying it. Are you gaining something by cutting off service now, or by not going through with an installation?

Sit tight, enjoy what you have and see how things shake out.

Who knows what will happen. Will current Voom customers get special offers, will they continue the service in another form, either way you can enjoy HD TV now without installation or hardware costs, nothing to lose

You have HD from Voom Now, enjoy it

panoptic said:
I have to ask, why do you think Voom will survive? I had Voom installed just 3 days ago, and I absolutely love it! I had read all the horror stories and expected the worst but the install (Installs Inc) went great and I even got all of my locals! But it really looks like the end of Voom to me...you guys who are still optimistic must know something not reported yet?
and see what happens

I am very confused by this whole thread. Is VOOM going out of business or not ? If they sold the satellite how can they survive much longer ? I am not ready to bale yet, but I am confused as to whether VOOM will continue to give us service and for how long ?

Can anyone clear this up ?

I most certainly am not giving up, I just called and added another stb. I did ask the million dollar question though, just to see what the response was. I was told that "Yes, we did sell our SAT to E* but we are still adding channels and dvr in March. She went on to say that just because we sold our SAT doesn't mean we are closing doors. I thanked her and went on my way. I wasn't belittling in anyway and just asked if she had any info on the news.

Hey, while nobody knows for sure what will happen, the more Voom subscribers, the more it will be appealing to potential investors, the harder to shut down or take away programming. That's why I say keep the faith and enjoy it, and get others to join. There is really no downside to sticking with Voom for as long as possible.

It is not done deal

It is not a done deal till it is signed on paper and money has changed hands. Another offer could come along from say Bill Gates or Charles Dolan and we could all be going crazy in a new thread.

I love voom, it has become such a major part of my life. I rant and rave about it wherever i go.

Voom is the greatest thing since Color Tv. LEt's keep vooming till infiinty

For Cablevision board screw you guys for a few paltry bucks you are not sticking With the vision and revolution. James shame on you for siding against your father and his vision. You are rich already how many more millions do you wants, is is worth it to go againts your father. Trust him he knows, he founded HBO. What have you done in your life. You have inherited everything on a gold platter.

panoptic said:
I have to ask, why do you think Voom will survive? I had Voom installed just 3 days ago, and I absolutely love it! I had read all the horror stories and expected the worst but the install (Installs Inc) went great and I even got all of my locals! But it really looks like the end of Voom to me...you guys who are still optimistic must know something not reported yet?

I am a born again Voomer. Meaning I was a subscriber and got ticked off, cancelled Voom and then went back for more of the best HD around. Voom is where it's at and will survive. I am sure of it! Put your faith in Charles Dolan because I am positive he has a plan to make all this work. Have you ever played Monopoly and had to mortgage a few hotels because you landed on Boardwalk?

Charles just mortgaged the satellite and we are about to roll the dice again. Keep tuned to the best HD around! I am STILL Voomin in Indy and loving it! :)

For any service, there will always be hangers on.

Even after the signal is dark, many will state that it will somehow be resurected.

Seriously, someone this week talked about the old Commodore Amiga computer and how there is supposed to be some new company that will ressurect it with new hardware and software. How long ago did Amiga die? The current slate of hardware from the competing computer manufactures are also putting the old system to shame.

This guy still runs his old computer as well, gets super angry when I show him what my system is currently capable of doing. Say's "Amiga did something like that first" ;)

Voom may have been the first large amount of HD in the early days, but it's not going to save them.

DishSatUser said:
For any service, there will always be hangers on.
This guy still runs his old computer as well, gets super angry when I show him what my system is currently capable of doing....

Man, the point is that YOU are the guy with the Amiga;-) Two months ago I dumped Dish after 8 years to get Voom, and I would hate to go back to Dish. Their PQ on many SD channels is unwatchable on large plasma. I was basically paying $100 a month to watch CNN & FN.

Voom has been a great ride, and continues to be. I actually watch tv now (mostly its HD exclusives). Even if it goes off in a few moths (and I am actually doubtful it will), I am enjoying the ride now.

You, well, you just don't know what you are missing.

I used to work for Mr.Ergan. I talked to Bob Johanasberg who is a Mid leval marketing manager in Colorado at the old Mall for Charlie. He said the word around E* is that Charles is helping Dolan and Voom and really is buying off the sat at 61.5 because he wants to expand some locals and international and his bird is going bad. It is giving capital to Elder Dolan and other son to aid in keeping Voom going.
Now I do believe this . However Charlie gives to no one. I wonder if this is a plan to further VOom growth until the time he gobbles money dead company up for a cheaper price.

I would not cancel that Voom install yet. I believe game is still very much ON!

iceshark said:
I used to work for Mr.Ergan. I talked to Bob Johanasberg who is a Mid leval marketing manager in Colorado at the old Mall for Charlie. He said the word around E* is that Charles is helping Dolan and Voom and really is buying off the sat at 61.5 because he wants to expand some locals and international and his bird is going bad. It is giving capital to Elder Dolan and other son to aid in keeping Voom going.
Now I do believe this . However Charlie gives to no one. I wonder if this is a plan to further VOom growth until the time he gobbles money dead company up for a cheaper price.

I would not cancel that Voom install yet. I believe game is still very much ON!
Sounds very good.... too good to be true, sorry...

I love my VOOM and I really hope if the worst will happen, their CINEMA channels will go somewhere else, especially the WORLDCINEMA, WORLDSPORT, FILMFEST, DIVINE, Rave, Equator.

hdtvtechno said:
Well Voom's Voom canceled the contract on the new satellites ;)

And how do you know that? I saw no annoucement of any kind from cablevision or voom.

hdtvtechno said:
Well Voom's New Satellites they had planned for launch are no go Now,
Voom canceled the contract on the new satellites ;)

HDTVTechno is a directv 'troll'. So, unless he backs it up with evidence, don't read too much into his post.

And just for what's worth, people like him, will make me never choose DirecTV.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts