Edision Edision OS Mio 4k - Timeshifting? USB vs HDD

I'm using TNAP and for some strange reason my timeshift path reverted back to media/hdd (and now it doesn't timeshift).

I can get to the "Recording Paths" menu, but I have no way to type in the timeshift location and change it to "media/usb" using the remote control. I forgot how I did this in post #16 a month ago?

When I select "Timeshift Location" which buttons do I press to change it to "media/usb'?

Also, how do I initialize the hard drive? I can't find it in the menus.
Check using Dream-Explorer plugin. See if media/usb path shows up. If not check your usb plug connections or hub connections if using one. I have on occasion lost my storage and if was in a connection plug or just needing a reboot.

Reactions: c-spand and N6BY
I'm using TNAP and for some strange reason my timeshift path reverted back to media/hdd (and now it doesn't timeshift).

I can get to the "Recording Paths" menu, but I have no way to type in the timeshift location and change it to "media/usb" using the remote control. I forgot how I did this in post #16 a month ago?

When I select "Timeshift Location" which buttons do I press to change it to "media/usb'?

Also, how do I initialize the hard drive? I can't find it in the menus.
I'd make sure my harddrive wasn't dead for some reason, before I'd do anything else. Maybe power got knocked out maybe power or usb plugs need reseated. Hopefully the drive didn't just fry.

Reactions: N6BY
I'd make sure my harddrive wasn't dead for some reason, before I'd do anything else. Maybe power got knocked out maybe power or usb plugs need reseated. Hopefully the drive didn't just fry.
I was using the wrong hard drive. There were two hard drives on my TV cabinet and I plugged in the wrong one.

After plugging in the correct one I went into OpenWebif. It wouldn't let me set a bookmark location for my hard drive. So I switched from the new OpenWebif interface to the Classic interface and I was able to create a new bookmark. Then I used the bookmark "\media\usb\ in the timeshift menu.

Timeshift and recording are working again. Thanks for the help.

Still not sure why my OS Mio reset itself from media\usb to media\hdd? Maybe it does that automatically if you unplug the hard drive?

Also, I can see from my post back in September that there was a way to format a hard drive, but I can't find it now. How do you get to the hard drive formatting menu?

Last edited:
Still not sure why my OS Mio reset itself from media\usb to media\hdd? Maybe it does that automatically if you unplug the hard drive?

Also, I can see from my post back in September that there was a way to format a hard drive, but I can't find it now. How do you get to the hard drive formatting menu?
Setup/System/Expert settings/Hard disk

Reactions: N6BY