Electronics checked out here.

Clancy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
November Consumer Reports magazine has their opinion on some electronic equipment that they checked out if you are interested.

Home theater audio, LCD and Plasma TV's, new HDMI jacks, DVD recorders, TIVO recorders, portable digital players, and computers.

I thought there was a lot of good reading there. :eureka

WTguy said:
Thanks, perfect timing, I am in the market.

You are welcome.
It helps to have as much information as possible these days when spending what could be big bucks.
I value their opinions.

I used to value their opinions more before they said there was no benefit to synthetic oil some years ago. I'm still a subscriber (and will check my mail for the new issue with those ratings) but I no longer take everything they say as "gospel".

I'm 'in the market' for a DVD recorder and expect to use the info they provide. They were on target with ratings of a TV and a digital camera that I bought after their reviews.

[on edit] Mine finally got here last night (10/10). One of the better issues! From what they say, I should be buying the $125 Toshiba DVD recorder. My present DVD player is Toshiba as is my HDTV, so this is now my choice for DVD recorder and I know it'll work fine in my system.

Phil

Last edited: