Enter to win: Tool kit from Sadoun - Ends 3/31/09

Status
Please reply by conversation.
chevy

chevy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 13, 2006
Nope.. same thing..

Your forum is down, Sadoun! (currently anyhow)

Plazzman

Plazzman

Pub Member / Supporter
May 21, 2006
Avon Indiana
I currently don't have one and am considering switching to FTA and OTA only so this would be great for all the new cable runs. Thanks Sadoun for the contest opportunity.

Jarhead84-90

Jarhead84-90

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 9, 2006
WI
I would sure put this to use fixing my "spaghetti nightmare".

Pismire

Pismire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 6, 2008
Darrington, Wa.
I could be the poster child for bad connectors. I use the crimp on kind and they always split so I end up wrapping them in electrical tape. Half the time they end up falling off the end of the coax. Compression fittings would have saved me a a few disque switches. They also help prevent water damage in the coax. Not to mention they look cool. So if I know all about them why don't I use them? Mostly because I don't have the proper tools. Help me out Sadoun!

andyb2

andyb2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 14, 2008
I would prefer it to get rid of the cheap crimp on and twist on connectors that I have.Nothing beats a good professional sealed connector for looks and use.Any other type is just asking for trouble and keeps you on the roof alot,usually in bad weather.

Thanks for the contest Sadoun

ScottChez

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 2, 2003
Great for weatherproof terminals for outdoor use.

Thank you for the contest.

bloomdog

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 20, 2006
compression type F connector is my preferred connector 'cause it just is.....:confused:

Islandguy43

Islandguy43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2006
Grand Island, NY
Compression F is the only way to go to connect your cables to your receiver, switch or lnb.

phlatwound

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Compression fittings are a no-brainer....and you can take that statement as gospel as I am often accused of not having a brain. :D

Thanks to Sadoun Sat Sales for their support of Sat Guys. :up

skysurfer

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 1, 2006
Compression F is my preferred connector for rapid, painfree installation. No wire braids to poke your fingers when you slide a crimp connector on, no hard force on the crimp tool to secure the connector (compression connector tool effortlessly completes the connection) and I can put a compression connector on a cable faster than a crimp connector.

chevy

chevy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 13, 2006
SADOUN, you forum is STILL down!!

What's up?

equant

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Compression connectors are my preferred connector for two reasons. First is mainly because it's what the majority of experienced users of this forum recommend. That alone is good enough. Second is because they are so very very easy.

Third is because they make your system look like you know what you're doing even when you don't. :p

C

chc59

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 31, 2007
Dalton, Ohio
Sure would be nice to be able to get a secure, waterproof connection on all of my satellite cables rather than the amateurish method that I have been using.

Joe

vanalex

vanalex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 4, 2004
Northeast Indiana
I would love to do my own runs and put the connectors on without having to bother someone else to do this.

PopcornNMore

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
This set would come in handy when I redo all my satellite connections this spring. Compression fittings look much more professional and create a better seal.

B

Bash2

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 26, 2008
PA
Ok call me cheap but i been using kitchen utensils :) definitely can use this Tool Kit

Good luck to everyone and thank You Sadoun

Pepper

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
They go on quick, and stay on. I tried all the other types, they come off or don't seal properly or break or let moisture in.

I only ever had one where the connector popped off the cable. I found the F connector still on the switch after the guy ran over the cable (temporarily strung across the yard) with a lawnmower. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.