Equity RTN g10r G3c

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've got no complaints. 60-65% on the tube all the time using 1meter fixed primestar dish and lnb.

Hey Gary, I thought of another show, The Jeff Foxworthy show(the old one, not the blue collar one). I used to love that show.

newguy said:
Hey Gary, I thought of another show, The Jeff Foxworthy show(the old one, not the blue collar one). I used to love that show.

That one is probably taken...Just saw a marathon this weekend of it on Nick at Nite :)

I have one nobody mentioned (at least I didn't see it). It definately belongs on RTN, and I haven't seen it anywhere else... "The Greatest American Hero."

Man, I just now found this thread. Definitely one of the BEST threads I've come across in the FTA forum on here. A guy at the helm (and host of his own show even :)) asking us "extended market" viewers for opinions and comments, answering questions, even providing some useful reception tips.

Now for some comments of my own, in no particular order. I too would like to see WKRP whenever the licensing changes for that show. And I'll add a vote for Night Court. And whatever you do, don't drop Cheers.

I saw Confessions for the first time on the 15th. Technically it was the 16th where I live. You had many call in from Vermont (WGMU I guess) and one from NY - WNGS I assume, which is what I was watching it on right after back-to-back Cheers. Which brings me to my next comment, the 2nd Cheers episode that night suffered from the strange commercial breaks (mid-sentence of the episode in one case) and visible "rewinds" back to the beginning. By the end of the half hour we were watching part of some other episode even. :p I didn't mind it though, because again, it's free, and I understand that "stuff" happens.

Anyways, that's a good segue ("free") into my next comment. You mentioned wanting more viewers, understandably... how about a deal... ;) You tell us you "would like to see" (read: not quite a guarantee) your stations, mainly RTN, The Tube, even Más Música, continue to be sent unencrypted / free on Ku DVB, and I'll encourage my friends and some family, etc. to set up a simple system at home looking at G10R to watch Confessions and stuff. Most of them won't even need a whole lot of encouragement... :) I think others on this forum would do the same.

Maybe this friday I'll call in and say hi. It would have been neat to see your FTA greeting from last Friday night.

But finally, I would love to help out with software development for any kind of "info" channels you would like to have. I saw one user mention it would be nice to have a guide channel. Last week I wrote my own 24/7 "continual looping weather radar sequence" + "scrolling guide" + "background music" channel for my home "mini headend" TV distribution (11 channels at the moment). It's Linux based (TuxCoded :)) and very easy to manage.

wanna keep all the g10r channels free and on ku help out and buy smething everynow and then from one of the 800 number commercials...please only buy something you really want :)
Gary

To ad another quick point...I am the guy who buys the shows for RTN. I would really love to find a way to find out how many actual fta viewers we have, any ideas?
Gary

My wife would like to see Moonlighting, Matlock, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Simon and Simon, Matt Houston, ...

and I would like the HD feeds. Are you serious about that?

Edited to add: I get a good solid 66 on The Tube, for anyone who cares.

Gas said:
I would really love to find a way to find out how many actual fta viewers we have, any ideas?
My suggestion: Run a cheap sweepstakes. For 2-4 weeks, run a 30-second ad in each half hour promising one lucky viewer $100. All entries must include the station ID and the viewer's Zip Code. Accept entries via email and postal mail. When time's up, draw a winner and send the check. Then you can take all of those entries and show them to advertisers as a bare minimum of the number of viewers out there from both OTA and FTA.

Come to think of it, a user-friendly Equity channels web site would be a great place to accept contest entries, guestbook entries, and feedback. It would also be a great place to post the schedules for those channels that don't make it to the online listing services.

Finally, a programming suggestion: Maybe I'm the only guy who enjoyed all those old public domain films, but I miss them now. To the viewer, they're better than infomercials. How about a weekly or nightly cheap movie on one or more of the channels?

I remember when I first got into fta a few years ago reading about the legality of tv stations being in the clear on satellites. Well, not the legality so much as the contractual obligations of the station. The bottom line was the networks do not mind so long as the station does not promote the fact the stations are fta on a satellite. Gas when you ask for the number of fta viewers it sounds like you may be getting ready to add us to your extended dma. I would hate for the Equity stations to go to the black screen so I am curious if you have checked into this issue and if so would be interested in the feedback you got. Thanks.

WE own RTN so there is no issue at all.

Gas said:
To ad another quick point...I am the guy who buys the shows for RTN. I would really love to find a way to find out how many actual fta viewers we have, any ideas?
Gary

Hey Gary, how easy would it be to get Trapper John, MD? I'd love to see it again!

Adam-12, Emergency, and Dragnet (60s) would be excellent (and probably very cheap) additions!

How about Alice or One Day at a Time? I wanna hear Flo say "Kiss Mah Grits" again!

Also, am I dreaming or are the shows on RTN *NOT* as edited as they are on TV Land or elsewhere?

Six Million dollar man

I would really be thrilled to see My All time favorite from when I was a kid Six Million dollar man Now that is tv ..... :) STEVE AUSTIN :yes

carload said:
Come to think of it, a user-friendly Equity channels web site would be a great place to accept guestbook entries, and feedback. It would also be a great place to post the schedules for those channels that don't make it to the online listing services.

a guestbook would be nice. Have an option as to how you are getting the Equity channel...cable, Dish Network, DirecTV, OTA or FTA (or even make FTA "other")

They do have a website right now
www.ebcorp.net

Gary -- Any thoughts or comments on EPG from your perspective?

I know nothing about the complexities involved and would be very interested in what info you can provide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)