Espn Is Here!!! (Official: 7 ESPN Channels added )

I really do not understand why ESPN should be insisting on all four of their sports channels to be on the basic tier. Doesn't sound like fair play to me!

Vurbano, I wish you'd at least argue this thing sensibly :).

"1080I Should Be Renamed 540I" - Dr. Alvy Ray Smith

MrWhoa said:
JOYGASM!!!!!

I can watch the wings urinate on the flames tonight!!!!

Sorry but I'm rooting for the Flames. Assuming our Tampa Bay Lightning represent the east in the Stanley Cup Finals and Flames represent the west, the Lightning would get home ice advantage :). If the Wings make it then they'd enjoy home ice :(

Dana in St. Petersburg

madpoet said:
Vurbano, I wish you'd at least argue this thing sensibly :).

"1080I Should Be Renamed 540I" - Dr. Alvy Ray Smith
Apparently the good doctor cant multiply its 540I x 2 . lol

Oh my GOODNESS 1080i or 720p BOTH look good!! man ESPN to VOOM YEA!! I will say this though HDnet is one of the best picture quality channels out there along with Hddiscovery and HDNET movies. I am wanting to spend money on a 1080P that way we can all get along!!

BlackHitachi said:
I will say this though HDnet is one of the best picture quality channels out there along with Hddiscovery and HDNET movies.
Well I guess thats all that needs to be said on the 1080i vs 720p issue, (discoveryhd 1080i, hdnet 1080i) lol
PS. Hurray for Voom I knew they would come through with espn

madpoet said:
*shrug* Read it, don't read it. In the end you're still wrong.
Ive read that dribble before. In the end, INHD, DISCOVERYHD, HDNET etc look better. The good doctor should stick to writing articles because the theory only works on paper and fails in the real world.

“We don’t like 24p or 720p, We don’t think the quality is there.” - HDNET :)

vurbano said:
Well I guess thats all that needs to be said on the 1080i vs 720p issue, (discoveryhd 1080i, hdnet 1080i) lol
PS. Hurray for Voom I knew they would come through with espn

Please, please, no more 1080i vs 720p talk in these unrelated threads!!! You and madpoet should just start a "1080i vs 720p" thread of your own and go at it there. Then when the rest of us have time to kill and want a good laugh, we can check in every few days and see what gems you guys have dug up about one format or the other. ;)

I do admnt though, it is entertaining reading at times, but not in the middle of all these other threads. :yes

BlackHitachi said:
Oh my GOODNESS 1080i or 720p BOTH look good!! man ESPN to VOOM YEA!! I will say this though HDnet is one of the best picture quality channels out there along with Hddiscovery and HDNET movies. I am wanting to spend money on a 1080P that way we can all get along!!

I agree with the 1080p argument wholeheartedly.

INHD looks better to me than HDNet.....and I have em both!

My understanding is that today there is not such thing as a "basic" package but Marque = Basic. Thus every VOOMER should get all ESPN (SD and HD) channels.

I second the motion, I believe the 720p -vs- 1080i topic would be a good topic for our HDTV area. :)

This thread is about ESPN. :)

Thanks

Chuckle

;) I don't know about the rest of them, but this is what ESPNHD will look like:
(Sorry, I couldn't resist) :D

Attachments

• Hockey_01Stretch.jpg
    Hockey_01Stretch.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 227

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)