Espn Is Here!!! (Official: 7 ESPN Channels added )

Walter L. said:
Very unlikely. InHD is a cable exclusive. It came from cable companies and CableVision wasn't involved.

They aren't really a cable exclusive -- they just haven't finalaized a deal with any sat providers yet.

I'd bet that they are in negotiations with Voom as we speak. Who knows how long that will take though.

Although, Cablevison does have a contract with INHD since its on their IO digital service. Just thought its interesting

Scott Greczkowski said:
I second the motion, I believe the 720p -vs- 1080i topic would be a good topic for our HDTV area. :)

This thread is about ESPN. :)

Thanks
I agree, but im all talked out about it. ANyone seen espnhd yet on voom?

vurbano said:
I agree, but im all talked out about it. ANyone seen espnhd yet on voom?

It will be very hard to tell if you've managed to tune in to ESPN HD, since They hardly play HD sourced material anyway. Let's just wait and see what happens tomorrow. And yes expect a full comparison/review between VOOM's EspnHD, and D*'s feed. ;)

GeneWildershair said:
It will be very hard to tell if you've managed to tune in to ESPN HD, since They hardly play HD sourced material anyway. Let's just wait and see what happens tomorrow. And yes expect a full comparison/review between VOOM's EspnHD, and D*'s feed. ;)
actually, espnhd upconverts the stretched sd to 720p so you can tell. Personally i dont have a problem with upconverting sd, its the stretching part I hate. I dont want to see serena williams looking like danny devito playing tennis. lmao

<Dances a Jig>

WOOHOO! ESPN! The one channel that cements my love of all things Voom.

So what's next? Fox Sports, TechTV, SciFi? Give me an inch...

So will the STB be updated tonight? I get off work at 11 tonight so I'll still be able to catch the end of the wings game I suppose. And tomorow...I call bright house and get rid of their service. joy.

As of 3 a.m. we now have ESPN HD, ESPN, ESPN News, ESPN Classic, and ESPN 2. Two more channels are showing up in the guide at 304 and 308 - no channel name in the guide and no picture at this point - maybe those will be alternate channels.

Well I watched the Det Flames game last night, the picture was awful, but I was still doing the "jukey" trick to get it to tune. Can I assume that now that the channels are in properly that stuttering madness will be gone?

ps GO REDWINGS!!!!!!

Dish Network should learn to negotiate like Voom

The last channels Dish added for HD were in October of Last year- HD Net and HD Net Movies. With all of Charlies Billions, strenghth of 9 million subscribers, and thousands of employees, this is all he can mustre with. Voom with a meagre base, a mere startup is rocking the boat. I think Voom is going places! This is only the beginning. I can't get over Starz Movies in HD, now Espn HD , Tnt HD hopefully. I have never loved HD more . thanks Voom

Yes, recently in the last two weeks I have been a new subcriber to Voom. I have been a subscriber to Dish, since 97'. However, after buying my HDTV and getting the dish HD 4 channels, I started wondered. Since I have had Voom, I have more happier.
I still have Dish as well, but for the record. Voom is ranking No. 1 especially in the HD Dept. Congrads to Voom, Underdog wins out! Go after them!

Voom Experience for a Dishnetwork Vet

:) Yes, recently in the last two weeks I have been a new subcriber to Voom. I have been a subscriber to Dish, since 97'. However, after buying my HDTV and getting the dish HD 4 channels, I started wondered. Since I have had Voom, I have more happier. ESPN programming will carry alot of weight.
I still have Dish as well, but for the record. Voom is ranking No. 1 especially in the HD Dept. Congrads to Voom, Underdog wins out! Go after them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts