External Hard Drive Archive Bug Thread

I have a VIP 622 with two WD ex hd, this morning neither one will work I can't watch recorded material, I can't send any new material and I can't send any material back to the VIP 622. any body have this problem?

You tried both drives. did you also try both Power Supplies & different USB cables. Did you try both USB ports on the 622 ?

that's just the filesystem not the drive comm programming. could be different internatl to external...
The statement was that the external filesystem couldn't deal with fragmentation. Neither the filesystem or the "comm programming" give a tinker's damn about fragmentation.

I cancelled my Dish service, but after realizing that I could not view my recordings stored on my external hard drive, I called back and had my service restored. Now, I cannot view the recordings on the external hard drive. I get the prompt to "enable" the external hard drive, even though it was previously enabled, and my account online reflects that it is enabled. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I have an ehd on a 211k making it a DVR. If I upgrade one day to say a 622 or 722, will the drive just swap over and still have my recordings?

I have an ehd on a 211k making it a DVR. If I upgrade one day to say a 622 or 722, will the drive just swap over and still have my recordings?

No

EHD's are only interchangeable if the receiver is in the same EHD family, if you try to change it to a receiver from the other family, the EHD will need to be formatted (means you'll lose whatever was on the EHD).

211/211k/411 is one family that can share between each other (conversion)
612/622/722/722k/922 is the other family that can share (archiving)