finally got my 6 ft dish setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
thanks Macgod
Yes I read these threads already, I am just trying to make a decision how high i should go, the pole is going to be in the middle of my yard, with the sprinklers and my 3 dogs, i have to set it up so no damage come to the actuator or the dish.
Regards
Chewie

Heres a few pis of my 6 footer!The mast on mine is 3" diameter

Attachments

• 509.jpg
    509.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 505.jpg
    505.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 217
thanks Macgod
Yes I read these threads already, I am just trying to make a decision how high i should go, the pole is going to be in the middle of my yard, with the sprinklers and my 3 dogs, i have to set it up so no damage come to the actuator or the dish.
Regards
Chewie

That decision is really based upon where it will finally sit, but the rule of thumb for KU or C Band is "out of any people traffic area where anyone can walk into it or hit or bump it.

I have a 1.2Meter (4ft) dish that I used a 8ft pole with that I put 2 1/2 ft in the ground. It's okay, but really too low. I can barely get under it to mow on my riding mower. All the other dishes are backed against shrubs and high enough to not be a problem.

So my suggestion for a C Band is always at least a 10ft pole minimum of which 3ft would be in the ground.

I need a good 105 west cband transponder to lock on. I don't see one on the list

I need a good 105 west cband transponder to lock on. I don't see one on the list

I don't think there are any 24/7 DVB-S tps on 105W, but I haven't tried scanning it recently? Lots of Digicipher but you probably don't have the correct equipment to lock that type of signal.

Macy's is always up on 105W Ku though if that would help you. 11856 V 3548

since now you do have a pretty good list of locked in satellites.I would do the calculation of how many pulses your g box is putting out per degree and with that calculate where 105 would be then do a blind scan.This is very usefull when a good tp is hard to find and the satellite is doing mostly or all feeds.For some unknown reason i havent been able to find macy's lately but have gotten some feeds on 105.

How do I hook up the 410 up with the openbox. Also I cut of power to both boxes and when I came back it was like my horzintal and vertical transponders weren't synced. I couldn't get the verticals on galaxy 17 but so far it seems to be working

I would connect the 410 to the Openbox's Loop Out connection. Remember to power-down the 410 when using the Openbox.
If the 410 has a Horizontal Channel selected, it is likely that the Openbox will be "forced" to Horizontal too, regardless if you have a Vertical Channel selected.

Mac,
i'm about to post a similar message. I ran two seperate coax lines off the dual outputs on the c band lnb. One straight to the 410. The other to my disecq switch where all my dishes are tied in. The second line in my case is port 2 and it runs straight from my switch into the openbox. I use the gbox positioner as a stand alone unit. I have to unplug the openbox to get a signal on the 410. I have to unplug the 410 to get anything on my openbox. Turning one or the other unit makes no difference. I have to unplug one or the other.Kind of a pain doing it that way I think...Blind

How can I attach my openbox to my dsr 410. Do I have to turn the lnb.I started getting the guide data the other day. Still waiting to set up websams account

Last edited:
Ok if I go to plug in the sat wire to either receiver they work fine through the loop out they don't work. Is there a special menu I thought these two could be looped together.

No "special" menu, that I am aware of. My Pansat 3500 didn't play well being looped from my Opensat either. Think* the solution is a splitter in the LNB coax with the power pass side to the receiver that will control band and polarity. The block side to the slave.
* I haven't tried it yet with my 3500, but I am aware of instances where the block side goes to an analog receiver, pass side to FTA box, with good results.

I don't have any idea how you are configured, and I'm sure it varies depending on what receivers you are chaining together, but lots of times you have to have the "master" receiver on Standby (not "Off" or "On") for the "slave" to work. You might try that.

I don't have any idea how you are configured, and I'm sure it varies depending on what receivers you are chaining together, but lots of times you have to have the "master" receiver on Standby (not "Off" or "On") for the "slave" to work. You might try that.
Bingo!! Thats how i have my Solomend and Azbox Ultra setup.You switch between the two by putting the receiver not being used into standby.I also use two HDMI cables and switch between HDMI2 and HDMI3.

Last edited:
Looping receivers together can be hit and miss, it comes down to voltage control of the LNB polarity. If both receivers are outputting power to the LNB it could get messy.

If you've got a dual output LNB do yourself a favour and grab a multiswitch that will feed multiple receivers with both polarities.

If you don't have a dual output LNB, get one and a multiswitch!

Mac, Yes I have and it doesn't work for me. I have to unplug one or the other from my power strip. Might be a workaround but I'm not messing with it...Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)