Former Dish Net / New Customers Read This

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
What do you have the output resolution set for on the receivers? Check your resolution in the settings menu and make sure it's set for 1080. The picture quality is actually a little better than Dish.

Earl

Okay...a new OSD was downloaded and the resolution issue has been addressed. I am just curious why it took so long for the box to receive the OSD update. (6 hours after it was added)

Picture quality: Significant downgrade on locals AND national HD channels (this is very disappointing)
Speed of DVR: The HR34 is laggy definitely slower than 722
OSD: Modern and very much nicer than the dated 722K OSD it sits next to
Direct is only missing 1 of my must have channels which is BBC AmericaHD (thus the reason I still have dish)

Over all the install went well and I am looking forward to finally being able to get ST. xD

Okay...a new OSD was downloaded and the resolution issue has been addressed. I am just curious why it took so long for the box to receive the OSD update. (6 hours after it was added)

Picture quality: Significant downgrade on locals AND national HD channels (this is very disappointing)
Speed of DVR: The HR34 is laggy definitely slower than 722
OSD: Modern and very much nicer than the dated 722K OSD it sits next to
Direct is only missing 1 of my must have channels which is BBC AmericaHD (thus the reason I still have dish)

Over all the install went well and I am looking forward to finally being able to get ST. xD

How is your set up connected ?

I just got set up today, I am trying to get all of my DVR recordings going. I only have 24 hours worth of guide data though, is there a way to force an update of this?

Thanks.

New install of HR34 system and 3 other TV's today in about and hour. Coming from Dish 722. going through a local reseller, so I know the install will be right. Hopefully all goes well, because it was a lot of work convincing the wife to leave Dish. She is not a techie person what so ever and even she called the hopper a joke. ha ha

New install of HR34 system and 3 other TV's today in about and hour. Coming from Dish 722. going through a local reseller, so I know the install will be right. Hopefully all goes well, because it was a lot of work convincing the wife to leave Dish. She is not a techie person what so ever and even she called the hopper a joke. ha ha

Have either of you tried the Hopper (2 Hopper/2 Joey, 6 tuner configuration)? Not a Joke!

Have either of you tried the Hopper (2 Hopper/2 Joey, 6 tuner configuration)? Not a Joke!

No, we have not used one, but 2 hoppers does not resolve my issues. Can I access both hoppers from my main TV? Can I access OTA? Do I want to spend $300 on two hoppers no

No, we have not used one, but 2 hoppers does not resolve my issues. Can I access both hoppers from my main TV? Can I access OTA? Do I want to spend $300 on two hoppers no

This part of my reasoning along with the kangaroos not passing the WAF. Along with costs, channels, and one the biggest was was the other boxes having their own tuners too.

hi all new to directv. i had dish for about 3 years. had a 722 and 311. i liked how you could pause live tv on both tvs on the 722. i had one hr24 and two h25 installed. the install guy was nice and showed me how to work everything. i was so excited i forgot to try that before he left. now when i try to pause tv on the h25's nothing happens. i thought this was a whole house dvr. that's the way it was pitched to me when i signed up being able to pause tv on any tv. am i missing something?

hi all new to directv. i had dish for about 3 years. had a 722 and 311. i liked how you could pause live tv on both tvs on the 722. i had one hr24 and two h25 installed. the install guy was nice and showed me how to work everything. i was so excited i forgot to try that before he left. now when i try to pause tv on the h25's nothing happens. i thought this was a whole house dvr. that's the way it was pitched to me when i signed up being able to pause tv on any tv. am i missing something?

the h25 is not a dvr and will not pause live tv
its not really whole house dvr, but multi room viewing

you can hit record on the hr24, then pick up the recording on the h25 and pause from there

it sounds like it was not explained properly, or whoever did the explanation did not know what they were talking about

that sucks. i just got off the phone and they will let me upgrade one of the h25 to a hr24 so that kinda solves the problem. i just hate sales people that will say anything to get you to sign on the line. i must admit it is nice to be able to watch hd upstairs now. (hd looks better then dish maybe thats just me)

that sucks. i just got off the phone and they will let me upgrade one of the h25 to a hr24 so that kinda solves the problem. i just hate sales people that will say anything to get you to sign on the line. i must admit it is nice to be able to watch hd upstairs now. (hd looks better then dish maybe thats just me)

Good deal... you won't have to pay extra month for the additional DVR either.

I prefer the H25's having their own tuner. I don't need the two kids rooms burning up a tuner on the HR34. That's one of the reasons the kangaroo setup wouldn't work at my house.

i hear you. funny thing is that i thought i checked that before the installer left because i wanted this new one to act just like the 722 or else i would be in big trouble with the wife! luckily its an easy fix with no extra money

Good deal... you won't have to pay extra month for the additional DVR either.

I prefer the H25's having their own tuner. I don't need the two kids rooms burning up a tuner on the HR34. That's one of the reasons the kangaroo setup wouldn't work at my house.

always tradeoffs.. I'm still finding it ludicrous that my H25 can tell the HR34 to record a show/series.. but doesn't allow me to manage the recordings on the HR34.. I have to use sneakernet to WALK to the HR34.. turn it on, and then adjust the recording options or to delete a recording which I accidentally scheduled.

Again, I'm with Direct for the cost (since I could not get new customer with Dish).. but the Hopper Joey keeps striking me as much better for our current viewing requirements (3 tuners is plenty)... and we'd prefer to be able to pause on the "clients" (ie. H25 for Direct, Joey for Dish)

Unless there is dramatic improvement in the HR34 software, I'll be going back to Dish once my 2 years is up. We don't need the extra 2 tuners (I'm sure even Dish will figure out how to link the Hoppers by 2 years :) ), and I find no other distinguishing features (I also want my 3-hour guide back)

They wanted me to pay 99 for the hr34. I figured that two hr24's would be just as good. But running tv to tv just to delete something is kinda crazy

always tradeoffs.. I'm still finding it ludicrous that my H25 can tell the HR34 to record a show/series.. but doesn't allow me to manage the recordings on the HR34.. I have to use sneakernet to WALK to the HR34.. turn it on, and then adjust the recording options or to delete a recording which I accidentally scheduled.

Again, I'm with Direct for the cost (since I could not get new customer with Dish).. but the Hopper Joey keeps striking me as much better for our current viewing requirements (3 tuners is plenty)... and we'd prefer to be able to pause on the "clients" (ie. H25 for Direct, Joey for Dish)

Unless there is dramatic improvement in the HR34 software, I'll be going back to Dish once my 2 years is up. We don't need the extra 2 tuners (I'm sure even Dish will figure out how to link the Hoppers by 2 years :) ), and I find no other distinguishing features (I also want my 3-hour guide back)

I'm sure that is high up on their list to manage recordings remotely.

To each and their own on the tuners, it wouldn't fit with our typical household size. If I had one hopper, PTAT would take one tuner, then the kids would take up to two tuners. That would leave no tuners in the living room and master bedroom. Nothing would get recorded and we watch a good bit of non-broadcast channels. If I had two hoppers, I would still have to have PTAT on both, so that leaves 4 tuners. The kids would take 2. That only leaves 2 tuners to record non-broadcast and then no live tuners left over. Wouldn't cut it either. Then I would have to deal with the wife and kids complaining about having to link the joeys back and forth and then worst of all the hoppa's couldn't view recordings on each other. The headache just isn't worth it. Maybe they will have things fixed up in 2 years and possibly corrected the poor implementation limiting them to only 3 tuners with those nodes.

They just left and they put in a hr24/100 upstairs and I have a hr21/200 downstairs. Which one is better? The 24 is a better looking box then the other

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)