Free HD Access for EXISTING customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Did you get FREE HD?

• Got FREE HD for 2 years (or longer)

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • Got FREE HD for less than 2 years

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • No Dice.

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
No like I said before it is a discount you have to qualify for free hd for a year is something we have had for a long time.

As a point of interest, does having this 24 month $10 credit eliminate you from getting any sunday ticket discounts, like the 6 month $20 credit? Or is the combo something a particular customer would have to have specific qualifications for?

So what is it that you do if everything doesnt check out and the billing company says "well, thats what your bill is and its 100% correct"? And how often does that happen and whats your experience been with just not paying?
They get paid just fine, But when credits are due and they don't post, well they they only get paid the REAL amount.

You can't do that with Autopay.

I 'd rather have my hard earned money in my account, then in D* accounts earning them intrest untill they decied to post your credits.

As a point of interest, does having this 24 month $10 credit eliminate you from getting any sunday ticket discounts, like the 6 month $20 credit? Or is the combo something a particular customer would have to have specific qualifications for?

Nope....peeps have posted that they got the $10/24 mnths cred & then asked about ST & also got the $20/6 mnths cred as well.

Good news on the credits. I'll have to try that later this summer when everyone starts getting the deals. They offered me nothing when I called to cancel.

On the autopay, I guess I've been lucky that I havent had more than one or two incorrect bills from anyone in years, and they've always been corrected with a quick phone call. I guess if directv charged me extra and didnt handle my credits properly, I'd just call the credit card company and have them put that amount in dispute until it was resolved.

My checking account doesnt pay interest, although the balance of my cash funds are in a money market fund which is also paying squat right now, so 'who is making interest on it' is not much of an issue for me.

Plus the amount charged to my credit card doesnt require payment for usually close to a month so nobody is making anything off of it. Well...I guess the credit card company gets to play with the float for a while and make a few pennies off of it.

Whats the point then?
When I reveiw my bill ,and everything checks out and my credits go through, I pay.

I don't subscribe to services I can't afford, so paying a minimum payment on my credit card is dumb, Might as well pay D* $5 and be late paying them, instead of High intrest credit card fees.

- i dont pay the minimum...i was just giving an example because it sounded like some people here from their posts dont want to pay directv + other credit card $$ all at once.

- i got used to never paying until the due date because that $$ then sat in my checking account longer making more interest $$....of course now with the lousy rates it doesnt matter as much but still.

- the point im making is that people seem to be saying that autopay controls when the directv $$ payment is made....but it doesnt....u still control it when u pay the credit card.

They gave me 12 months free HD when i called absolutely no issue at all and didn't require me to sign up for autopay which i hate i've had a couple bad experiences with it in the past. and besides it's more about principle with me- my bill has been paid every month for 5 years NEVER late w/ my credit card i just don't feel giving them free reign over applying charges. When i asked about 24 months i was told new customers only BUT, if i call back in 12 months they'll extend it again. weird. but, whatever, i'll deal with it in 12 months. guess i could have pressed it but, i didn't.

I also had no trouble I got 10/for 24 months. I just came back to DTV in March.

I use auto pay. I use a cash back AMX card, I use it for everything I can. On my DTV bill I get 1.25 percent back. Gas food store drug store 5% percent cash back. I got over 600.00 cash back last year. I just mark it of in my checking account as though it was paid with a check. Money sits in my interest checking account till bill is due. So not only am i getting longer to pay my bill but i am keeping that cash in my account till I pay the bill. So now i get 10.00 off my DTV bill with the 1.25% cash back about 140.00 a year It is getting one month free of service each year. That is a no brainer for me

Last edited:
I just called. It's 2 weeks short of my 2 year anniversary. Found out they have been giving me Showtime free for 3 months as a gift that started last month. I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't called.

I'm on the old Choice Xtra + HD DVR package and I still got the $10 off for 24 months for HD access (just had to add a credit card for paperless billing), HD Extra Pack for 3 months free and HBO & Cinemax for $14.99 a month for the next 3 months.

They also offered me a free (+$19.95 shipping) HD DVR receiver which I'll probably do in a month or two and hope that it is an HR24.

I asked about adding MRV and they said it was a $149 install charge so I turned that down due to the high price.

Thanks guys for clueing us in on this discount!

I called and got six months of free HD access! I plan on calling back in six months and doing it all over again. I also use the Directv visa card for EVERYTHING and pay it off each month. You're rewarded for a point for each dollar you spend. Every time I get 5000 points, I opt for the 50 dollars off my Directv bill. I average doing that about 5 times per year.

I could only get 2yrs free HD no autopay.

I have been with DTV for 11 months
Premiere package with DVR
Center Ice, NFL-ST Superfan, and Extra innings

I'll bet the directv csr's are really happy this week. First they get bombed with calls for HD credits, now they're getting bombed with "my receiver doesnt work" calls.

I got a rock. :mad:

The CSR insisted that existing customers only get 24 months, and only with auto-pay. That means they're going to show it as a credit on my bill. I told her no way, I'll call another csr tomorrow, and if that doesn't help I'll call time warner and cancel d*.

I haven't had any credits or upgrades in 3+ years. My monthly bill is $190. If I'm going to get a credit, I'd rather try to get equipment upgrades for whole-house dvr.

What the csr told you is true. Its for 24 months only and only with autopay. But the charge for HD will probably go away in less than 24 months, so its about as good as 'for life'.

New customers get it 'for life', but they have to do autopay as well.

I was just told that I can't quality for the new customer "for life" offer because my service was activated 5/25, and I haven't been a customer long enough for the "existing customer" offer...so basically my CSR told me that customers that have had service for less than 90 days have no way of getting free HD for three months.

So, I asked, "essentially anyone that has started service in the past month will have to pay for it for 3 months when you give it to everyone else for free?"

CSR: "That's correct."

She did tell me that they have been told to give 24 months of free HD service to customers that call and ask for it. I'm just not "existing" enough.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)