Free HD Access for EXISTING customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Did you get FREE HD?

• Got FREE HD for 2 years (or longer)

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • Got FREE HD for less than 2 years

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • No Dice.

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
When activating my new HR24, I asked about the HD for life. I already negotiated 6 months free earlier in the week and then I found out about Dish. I was able to still keep the 6 months of 10 bucks off and they gave me HD for life. I did have to pay for my HR24 but I just got $180 in credits, free Showtime/Starz for 3, free remote feature for Sunday Ticket and now HD for life. Not a bad week.

And they also agree to a 2 year contract.

As do all new customers with an HD capable product that would benefit from the credit, so thats somewhat irrelevant.

It's also not a big deal at the moment, as lot of people are upgrading to the new HR24's which will require a 2 yr commitment anyways, so adding the Free HD with the 2 yr is not a big deal as you have just re upped anyways, actually this is the perfect time to do it.

I called in and got the 2 year of HD access for free without any haggling. No 2 year extension of contract. (I already have autopay, which is no big deal as long as you take time to check your monthly bill to make sure it is accurate. A couple of months ago, there was a mystery receiver on my bill that was I being charged for that I certainly didn't add and the numbers on the access card did not belong any of the deactivated receivers that I still have lying around the house.)

It's also not a big deal at the moment, as lot of people are upgrading to the new HR24's which will require a 2 yr commitment anyways, so adding the Free HD with the 2 yr is not a big deal as you have just re upped anyways, actually this is the perfect time to do it.

That was my argument to them. I was on the hook for 2 with the HR24 so where am I going. I also do paperless and autopay.

Did they tell you why they werent giving it to you? Do you have the right package level and autopay?

no dice for me...YET

called D* and the guy was real nice. Said I could get 24 months free HD and would talk about HD upgrades BUT

since I go through Qwest (bundled offer) I can't get the offer.

so I guess next phone call is "uh Qwest...move my account back to D* please" :D

**sigh** uncombined billing group is gone for the day...they close at 6 Central
gotta call them tomorrow

I tried two times to get the credit, and was denied each time. I signed up in January this year with the Choice HD Xtra + DVR programming. One CSR said I would have to drop that package and one just said that I wasn't eligible at this time. (and I do have autopay)

Since I am still have 6 months of various new user credits coming, it isn't a big deal, but I have seen at least one person in the same situation get the credit.

I am getting the $24 month credits and signed up in Feb and they would have given it to me right away had I not been through Qwest

correct Jimbo

post 131 ;)

no dice for me...YET

called D* and the guy was real nice. Said I could get 24 months free HD and would talk about HD upgrades BUT

since I go through Qwest (bundled offer) I can't get the offer.

so I guess next phone call is "uh Qwest...move my account back to D* please"

Been a customer for over 10 years with no hardware upgrades. I'm ready to make the jump into the 21st century and add HD now.:D

Called in and got 2 HDDVR's free, free HD for 1 year, $17 a month off for a year, and 6 months free Show/Starz. :up

Needless to say I'm happy with my deal.

I got the free HD for two years and I didn't have to add auto-pay or do anything. I spoke with a supervisor after talking to some bonehead first. Once I got the supervisor on the line, she was happy to give me the two years of free HD. She said that the "Free HD for life promo" was actually only for two years for new customers (as part of the fine print). She said there was an astrik on most of the promo pages. But, she didn't make me add auto pay or do anything else. I have an average of a $250/month DiectTV bill. I can't live without directv and would never switch to Dish unless they got the NFL Sunday Ticket too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)