FSN NY & MSG In HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Is there any chance of these two channels being lit up soon, or are they in the same trouble as NESN? With the hockey season having begun, there's three teams there that can't be seen in HD against my Flyers, that's the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders. Since we'll never see CSN Philly, I need to depend on FSN NY and MSG. Since these are 3 division rivals, that's 24 Flyers games that have no shot of being in HD. SO, any chance these get turned on soon since they are already uplinked?

Is there any chance of these two channels being lit up soon, or are they in the same trouble as NESN? With the hockey season having begun, there's three teams there that can't be seen in HD against my Flyers, that's the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders. Since we'll never see CSN Philly, I need to depend on FSN NY and MSG. Since these are 3 division rivals, that's 24 Flyers games that have no shot of being in HD. SO, any chance these get turned on soon since they are already uplinked?

Die hard Rangers fan here... I am VERY frustrated on this. Anyone who agrees please email: msgnetpr@thegarden.com

MSG (Cablevision) owns both MSG and FSN NY

You may strike home more if you state you are a long time Ranger fan, rather than Flyer fan/other team.

One other thing.. I got a response back saying that they can not control what stations air their programming. MSG is obviously a very big network in the NY Metro area with the Knicks and Rangers. I highly doubt D* and E* arent interested. Also, from my understanding, this has always been an issue where Cablevision (who owns the stations) want the station to remain exclusive to them.

Well, either they are lying to you or Dish and DTV are extremely stupid. How can you NOT have the sports teams in HD in the LARGEST market in the entire country? Seems insane to me.

Not exclusive to them, but cable only. So far no satellite operator has either in HD. Not sure if FIOS-TV has it.

I dont blame dish or directtv. Why? Because I cant believe THEY would make a decision not to carry MSG HD but carry SportsNet Ohio HD. Thats like saying you wont carry NBC but you'll carry the WB network. That would just be bad business. I have no doubt this is all on Cablevision's end.

Last edited:
I am assuming MSG and FSNY want to be 24 hours like NESN HD wants and Charlie is playing cheap ass. Me I just want them so I can see even more Flyers games in HD this season.

Are both channels showing road games in HD? I thought they did HD @ Philadelphia last season.

They show at least all home games in HD. I THINK they will show some away games as well. Mind you, this is all hearsay because i've never had a chance to actually see it!

Now just think... if the Rangers, Devils, and Islanders all show their home games in HD, this means 123 MORE Center Ice games in HD as well!

I would have to think they would NEED to offer them as well - if they are offered to D*, they would have to be offered to E* and it wouldn't be good for their NY DMA business not to take them I suppose.

I would think you will get them also.

I would have to think they would NEED to offer them as well - if they are offered to D*, they would have to be offered to E* and it wouldn't be good for their NY DMA business not to take them I suppose.

I would think you will get them also.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Dish cares about their NY DMA business!

with the knicks playing the way they are.....MSG HD is not on top of my wish list for HD channels. Rangers are playing well, but i am not a hockey fan. It does not look like these channels will be added soon. E* has bigger problems right now (national HD channels).

with the knicks playing the way they are.....MSG HD is not on top of my wish list for HD channels. Rangers are playing well, but i am not a hockey fan. It does not look like these channels will be added soon. E* has bigger problems right now (national HD channels).

But it's already uplinked, so they might as well just flip the switch!!!

Sad Knick fan here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)