FSN NY & MSG In HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have NHLCI with E* but if they dont turn these channels on when D* does, I may just jump ship.

Anyone have any idea when the HALF season package for NHLCI starts? I believe i can at least save $50 that way since I'm sure D* will make me pay for CI again.

After all the D* rebates/discounts, I may break even.

I will miss my 622 and external HDD badly however:(

This one really hurts. E* must do something soon. I would really hate to give up my 622 for an HR20 (yes, I have played extensively with the DTV receivers- they're not that great).

I missed Razor in HD, which sucks because I really liked it even in lousy SD. And now the Rags, Devils and Sabes are going to be carried regularly in HD for D* subs? ouch

I did some research to answer my own question above for those of you with NHLCI that will be jumping ship to D*...here's what I found:

This from InDemand which handles NHLCI for cable I believe, but should be about the same for D*.......NHLCI SRP of $169 for the Full Season and $119 for the Half Season from Jan. 25 - March 7, 2008. The Race to the Stanley Cup Playoffs is March 8 - end of the season for $59.

I'm considering also keeping the minimum E* HD DVR package so I can still watch my over 80 programs I have on USB archive. I believe the least expensive package you can get is AT100 for $29.99 plus $20 for HD and $5.98 for DVR...plus tax.

D* is offering $240 programming discount (12mths X $20) plus all the movie channels free for 3 months and free install. HD DVR is $299.00 - $100 instant rebate = $199.00. The nice thing is I dont need locals thru E* since it's included in D* package and I dont need the HD Extra pack on D* for $4.99 since HDnet is already on the E* HD package. I could care less about Smithsonian and MGMHD.

I figure I could probably have both E* and D* for about $140/mth...not too bad.

In 2 years, when E* gets their act together, my D* 2 yr committment will be over and I can cancel them. I've had E* for a year before being a D* customer for 9. I'm not looking forward to going back or keeping them for any longer than I have to. I just really need my SCIFIHD and FSNYHD and by the looks of it, E* will not be turning these on any time soon. I thought since E* had MSG and FSNNY HD uplinked, they would turn them on the same time D* got access. Guess I was wrong.

Charlie is probably too busy trying to sell his sinking boat to listen to his customers. Hey Charlie, the more water your boat takes in, the less it's worth.

If I only knew NHL Center Ice was going to have so many games in HD on Directv I would have been long gone on E*. Makes me sick and now I am stick with these losers.

If I only knew NHL Center Ice was going to have so many games in HD on Directv I would have been long gone on E*. Makes me sick and now I am stick with these losers.

For over two years D* was saying 2007 they would be adding a boat load of HD channels, did you miss all those discussions;) Sorry about your situation, maybe Charlie will pull a channel or two out of his a** yet at CES to make you happy.

HD channels but never did they say they would have so many RSN's in HD. I thought Dish was going to be the leader. I do get my local FSN in HD so can't complain there.

HD channels but never did they say they would have so many RSN's in HD. I thought Dish was going to be the leader. I do get my local FSN in HD so can't complain there.

While they didn't list all the RSN's they did make mention it on a January 2007 PR, http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-dvr-forum/118342-dvr-tuner-problem.html, "LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 8, 2007--DIRECTV, the nation's leading satellite television service provider, is hailing 2007 as the "Year of HD" with the planned launch and carriage of 100 national high-definition (HD) channels. With this substantial HD muscle, DIRECTV will offer three-times more HD programming than any other multi-channel distributor, with the majority of these channels launching in Q3."

"DIRECTV will also extend its leadership in HD sports programming by offering hundreds of games and other HD programming available from Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) around the country, including YES Network, Comcast Sports Net, New England Sports Network and FOX Sports."

But that's back when many folks (won't say from what provider) said that there was no way in hell that D* would be able to have that many channels in 2007 since they didn't exist. ;)

This was the response I got from E* when I asked about MSG=HD & FSN-HD ,after finding out D* was carrying them ... Thank you for your E-mail. We appreciate your feedback and your
continued service. We are planning to add more RSN's in HD in the
future. Unfortunately, we do not have specific dates or times that they
may be available. We do not have a list of probable additions to the
RSN's in HD but I can assure you we are aggressively pursuing adding
further stations.

I understand that this is not the response you are looking for, but this
is all of the information that we have available at this time. Thank you
for your patience. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Jennifer Schuyler
Executive Communications
EchoStar Satellite L.L.C dba DISH Network
Direct Line: (720) 514-7750
Jennifer.Schuyler@echostar.com

I think it's just hilarious that D* can just add all these HD channels and E* has been sitting around waiting to get the cheapest contract they can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts