fta recievers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cold34

Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
I would like to know what is the positive and negatives on fta receivers?

Positive: you watch lots of unique/free tv
Negative: you spend lots of money buying stuff that you don't really need, just to get that one last elusive channel ;)

what are the channels you get on fta? I here yu get the same channels you would get if you had directv?also I here it:s like the old directv cards I that true?

so your telling me that you dont watch or have any channels that you should be paying for? THATS BULLSHITT!

I don't have any channels that are encrypted. I do have over 500 channels that are ITC (in the clear) and that is FTA. FTA means it's a Free Signal, and FTA does not mean Free To Steal, that would be FTS.

Al

so your telling me that you dont watch or have any channels that you should be paying for?

obviously you don't know what true free to air is because every one of the channels we get are legit free to air. Not subscription programming that someone tries to defeat by loading illegal software into the box.

True LEGAL free to air

That one really started off well !!
I would tell him even if he could steal ALL of it, there aint nothing up there worth stealing. The best stuff is on G10, and right now anyway, its totally free.

That one really started off well !!
I would tell him even if he could steal ALL of it, there aint nothing up there worth stealing. The best stuff is on G10, and right now anyway, its totally free.

I agree, Al Jazeera English isnt even avlible on any pay provider.

I have not been on this forum that long, maybe about half a year.
But the rules were obvious and in VERY BIG BOLD LETTERS.
How much time do you guys spend having to deal with people STILL asking how to steal even though it is obvious that this forum is not for that?
It seems like it would get in the way of actually being able to talk about FTA.
When I was training at Dish Network - all the guys there thought the term "free to air" actually meant a hacked box with free channels!
I guess most people think that way. The term is a little misleading.
Speaking of g10 - this tree has GOT TO GO SO I CAN WATCH IT!!!!!
-phil

A beak the the New Guy?

Give the new guy the benefit of the doubt and educate him. I think a lot of people don't know the difference between FTA and subscription. For example, they do not realize that a legitimate FTA box does not decrypt D* or E,* but allows us to receive signals broadcast in the clear.

As I said before, I have Directv through a paid subscription from Directv, some 4DTV programming from NPS, FTA for what is free and an over the air antenna for locals. And, its worth it.

So, for the new guy, FTA is not b....s....t. Try it legitimately and you might actually like it!

Looking at the quote again..

Looking at the quote again, maybe my mis-spelled suggestion of giving him a break was wrong. He is making an accusation against FTA'ers, not expressing his own ignorance. If he had any decency, he would acknowledge that he was wrong and apologize (unless he was already banned).

I have a friend who got caught three years ago making illegal subscription cards thru a device he ordered from Ebay. Directv made him pay a fine and with his lawyer fee on top of it, he really paid dearly!!!
Directv banned him from subscribing for a number of years. He can't even use broadband of any kind on internet as well, for a number of years. Somehow he subscribed to Dish Network and have been paying every month like everyone else.
When I told him about my hobby with FTA, he swears up and down that it is illegal as hell! Now I understand about hacking FTA receivers and how wrong it is. He claims FTA is pure stealling and sooner or later the FEDs will crack down and I and all of us will pay dearly...
I tried my best to explain how these channels are free and it been regulated and all...
Oh well... I better enjoy my FTA (legal) channels before those bad ole FEDS come a knockin' on my door... LOL :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.