G1 Signal problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just thought I would mention that I switched my subscription to the W5 (HBO) and my problems are solved. It's the first time I have watched HBO trouble free since I got C-Band on April 2nd. It's a good thing because my signal is still down 15% on the G1 so it looks like that problem is here to stay. I get a 71 quality on the W5. :)

G1 is fixed I was forced to realign my dish the other day after 90 MPH winds. My G1 is hotter than ever now. I get more on G1's HBO then your getting on W5. Was getting 80 Q after alignment. W5 I get 99 on everything. I think you still could benefit from peaking the dish.

G1 is fixed I was forced to realign my dish the other day after 90 MPH winds. My G1 is hotter than ever now. I get more on G1's HBO then your getting on W5. Was getting 80 Q after alignment. W5 I get 99 on everything. I think you still could benefit from peaking the dish.

over in Aurora here. last couple days have been somethin', eh tvropro? at least you didnt tweak prior to the storms. hoping to fix mine this weekend.

over in Aurora here. last couple days have been somethin', eh tvropro? at least you didnt tweak prior to the storms. hoping to fix mine this weekend.

It takes allot to shift the head on my dish. The wind was so wicked I thought the dish was going to jump off the pole. But you know what we had, storm of the century.

I think I may have my dish tweaked a bit. We had heavy winds here recently too. I wanted to mention that with my W5 subsription, my G1 HBO's are turned back on too. It may be temporary but for now, I am getting all the HBO's there are. And, my G1 is working better. Glad I switched.

Perhaps this should be a new thread but since it's related to the G1, I am posting it here. My G1 signal has improved but now I am noticing a problem with the program guide. The guide downloads but not the descriptions. All movies or items say: "Program information not available." I tried ordering a re-hit. I also unplugged my 922 for a minute and plugged it back in. No luck. Is anyone else having this problem? If not, any suggestions?

Loosely related! (via the G-1 thread title)

Birdview signal issue yesterday. Solid dish. Was losing subs on C-4 (Discovery) with instant flashes from 70 quality to zero. Thought we had an intermittent (older, original) BV LNB on the 922. Swapped it out. No help. Things stabilized a bit later, watched W-5 Subs, but they started flashing out as well.

Rebooted 922, came up fine with remap of Travel Channel I didn't have before.

Did an autopeak of dish on W5, great signal. Went down to G-1, and for kicks, turned on the TI filter. Arts, which looked HORRIBLE before is watchable now!

I remember when we sold BV back in the 80's that TI was a problem for many in mid michigan. I'm in West MI, and checked google earth for microwave towers to the SW of me, and none show up on the ASR registration overlay. Not sure if I have true TI or..if I have just a bad signal and the filter makes it better!

Refresh my memory here...its been 20 years since I sold these things! I have 3 questions, please...... 1) Once the TI filter is turned-on, is it on for all channels & Satellites, including DC, or only analog, and 2) Would the TI possibly affect more than one portion of my arc, if the path was "just right?" (as in the signal flashouts on W-5 yesterday as well) 3) Will TI, if I truly have it make adding FTA to my birdview not worth doing due to its interference?

Thought there may have been a common G-1 issue with other folks on this board, until I saw what the filter did for me!

Thanks for a great resource in this website!

I don't know if anyone is still having problems with G12 but I am. I just performed an alignment on the dish this morning. I'm getting DCII OK on AMC10 and 11 but not G12. Since G12 is new I kinda expect it to be booming in especially since I'm getting AMC10 and 11 OK (DCII SQ of 50+). I've tried playing with skew and Az but to no avail. G12-3 has zero SQ but G12-24 is varying from 15 to 30. As a matter of fact, the entire arc looks good except for G12. I get an DCII SQ of 90 on W5 SyFy. W1 and W4 look just as good. I get DCII on GB OK also but I've always had trouble with getting NETV on T4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts