G10 Issues?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well I went outside and checked out the dish. Due to the really strong winds we had + all the rain, the deck railing must have shifted a little bit because once I moved the dish a nudge I got 11800 at 75 quality, 12104 & 12114 at 90-92 but 11720 is only up to a 44 max

Hello all! I noticed last night and just now, that some of the channels on G10R (WNGS for one) are really low signal and not viewable. About half of the channels are just fine though. Anyone else having any issues? TIA!

iafirebuff said:
Hello all! I noticed last night and just now, that some of the channels on G10R (WNGS for one) are really low signal and not viewable. About half of the channels are just fine though. Anyone else having any issues? TIA!

Funny, I just noticed similar issues with the Equity Mux on G3C C band. Must be a source problem.

merged the threads together.

Yes 11720 is low. I know there has been some bad weather in Little Rock (at the uplink). Last night I could get G3 mux pretty good (60 or so..enough to be stable) but 11720 has been a bugger.

I re-pointed my dish on Friday night specifically to bring 11720 to its highest peak (high 40s). So you can imagine my surprise to find it hovering in the 10's and 20's on Saturday and today, and occasionally dropping to zero. Thanks to all here, I knew I hadn't screwed things up! The re-point did boost all other transponders, so I had figured it wasn't my re-point, but it sure was nice to have confirmation of the problem (and it not being my fault!).

Currently 11720 is bouncing in the 20's to the low 30's.

Other transponders (average SQ):
11799 - 60%
11805 - 95%
12035 - 85%
12104 - 75%
12114 - 75%

Are not the Equity channels on 11799 also uplinked from Little Rock?

The problem here seems to be an adjacent satellite using the same Freq. pulling down the signal on this TP. on G10R :(

We have seen this phenomenon before on other satellites.

Guess I flat don't understand and should be thankful the problem doesn't seem to be showing up on my system. Just checked retro on 11720 and its sitting at 79 sig with 72 quality.

SD

As of 7am, WNGS, one of the ABC's, Retro Jams and several others are unwatchable. Between 6-8 channels are too low to watch. No Happy Days to watch while I eat breakfast!

I have not looked yet today but I had the same issue yesterday (sunday), retro and some of the Equity channels where at or near 0, I know it is not my set up because I am still getting 80's and 90's on some channels.

iafirebuff said:
As of 7am, WNGS, one of the ABC's, Retro Jams and several others are unwatchable. Between 6-8 channels are too low to watch. No Happy Days to watch while I eat breakfast!

They're all on the same transponder, so when the TP goes down, all those channels go down.

The others should be working

I had to laugh because there was NOTHING on tv yesterday afternoon....ran through the guide in D*, then *C so I figured I would pop over there and see what was on RTN and it was dead....oh well I pulled out my old Doctor Who vhs tapes and started watching "spearhead from space" with John Pertwee

could be wrong

but I suspect as that new WB UPN combo deally bopper thingy mentioned in a few other threads comes closer to being a reality, these weird signal drops might happen more often?

That has nothing to do with it. Right now they have WB & UPN affiliates and none of the Equity channels are going CW. Most are going “My” TV.

This is due to a few things
-weather issues in Little Rock
-the cross issue with Dish 121. There is a 11724 transponder on the same polarity as the “issue” transponder which is running more power. The larger the dish, the less interference you will have. We have had this issue for a while now and did get better recently.

Remember people, we are not their intended target (these signals in particular).

mastermesh...I have asked a couple times now..PLEASE do not put 1/2 an answer in the "title" when you respond and the rest in the body. It makes it hard to follow along :)

In LR the weather is great today (feels like mid 80's with very few clouds in the sky). I actually drove past the uplink station today.

It looks like either equity has been playing with settings/transponders or Dish throttled the power back up on their transponder.

Either way for those of us who only get tv from FTA and OTA.

It sucks :>

c-ya
Chris

Last edited:
Still.......

58% signal quality here!

Bouncing to 64% signal Quality!

36" dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)