GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would have to wait for light this weekend, but I can tell you it's a Amiko Premium L104 PLL single lnbf if that helps.
Universal LNBF's "broadcast" the signal on two frequencies 9750 and 10600, so if you search just 10600, it will be faster and it will not pick up the bottom frequencies because you are actually not searching the whole spectrum. only the top half.

Universal LNBF's "broadcast" the signal on two frequencies 9750 and 10600, so if you search just 10600, it will be faster and it will not pick up the bottom frequencies because you are actually not searching the whole spectrum. only the top half.

I always thought the 9750 was not used in the United States? Is this not correct?

Thanks! I never knew that. I have firmware version 1152, can I download via Galaxy 19k? My internet download speed is real crap tonight. Firmware failed (2) times via wi-fi?

Thanks! I never knew that. I have firmware version 1152, can I download via Galaxy 19k? My internet download speed is real crap tonight. Firmware failed (2) times via wi-fi?
We don't keep firmware on Galaxy 19 at all times, only turn on Wednesdays.

I will try the firmware again later tonight when the internet speeds get better. Just so I know is the firmware up and Galaxy 19k all day and evening on wed? Or just at certain times? Thanks again.

There is no way I can get my Geosat Pro HDVR3500 to update from 1152 to 1213. I've tried Wi-Fi, Ethernet, even downloaded the update to USB and I can only get to 40% and it always stops and says "failed" What can I do to get this firmware installed?

Anyway to turn off or dim down that bright red light on the front panel?

What I do with bright LEDs is a layer (or two or three) of white stickers (like mailing labels) that I've cut to just fit the size of the LED then color it so it blends in with the surrounding area of the device so it doesn't look like a ugly white spot on the front of my tv or sat box, etc.

Something horribly is wrong with 1213. Can anyone get the download to work?

How large is that file? Someone "might" be able to send it ZIPPED in an Email attachment. Different routing on the download might make it work better. Do you know how large of an attachment your Email will allow you to receive?

RE: Your download problem? Welcome to the club!! I've been having problems with my internet connection now for the better part of 2 years and it still fails regularly on even a 40mb Firefox update? And Ubuntu updates are worse than that! Complaining to my ISP (nTelos Wireless) has been an exercise in futility and has only made it worse, which makes me think they are "horking" with me!

Ennywho, won't hurt to try via an Email attachment if it's small enough and someone has it and can try to send it to you.

Downloaded the huge file as stated above. Turned off receiver and installed USB, press and hold up and Menu while turning on rocker switch for 5+ seconds after boot and got to 40% and download failed. Same as letting the receiver download and install. 1213 is a no go for my receiver.

Tried to record using internal drive HD programming on Sunday. The entire recording was not watchable after the game was over. I was recording KRBK-Fox HD. Last night I tried recording the same channel in HD to my external HDD and the recording was fine. No problems. I tried Sunday Night Football off NBC on AMC-18, seemed fine. Can we not record to the internal drive HD programming, or could my internal drive be defective? I'm using firmware 1152(because I can't get 1213 to install) and have formatted the internal drive Fat32. My external HDD is NTFS and seems to work fine. I would like the internal to record shows in HD like my external drive if possible. Thanks.

How large is that file? Someone "might" be able to send it ZIPPED in an Email attachment. Different routing on the download might make it work better. Do you know how large of an attachment your Email will allow you to receive?

RE: Your download problem? Welcome to the club!! I've been having problems with my internet connection now for the better part of 2 years and it still fails regularly on even a 40mb Firefox update? And Ubuntu updates are worse than that! Complaining to my ISP (nTelos Wireless) has been an exercise in futility and has only made it worse, which makes me think they are "horking" with me!

Ennywho, won't hurt to try via an Email attachment if it's small enough and someone has it and can try to send it to you.

123,003 kb file

Reactions: BvAZ
I could be wrong, but weren't previous updates much smaller than that?

If I am correct, why the big jump in file size?

The file is huge. The last update was in like the 50000-60000kb range. Hope someone let's us know what is up with the big file and what's it going to fix?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)