GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also found this if you want to turn the internal into an external by removing the 9 pin serial, and replacing with this: USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Socket Panel Mount Adapter
s-l500.jpg

Posted new firmware 1248
1. Added Closed Captioning to IPTV
2. Added Multi-Audio for IPTV
3. Corrected some data base issues in satellites list
4. Green LED now blinks when recording or playback is on
5. Ability to backup channel list and settings to Internal Drive

(To update go to Menu > Manager > Version > Online Upgrade - then select Firmware 1248.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsmith0429
Posted new firmware 1248
1. Added Closed Captioning to IPTV
2. Added Multi-Audio for IPTV
3. Corrected some data base issues in satellites list
4. Green LED now blinks when recording or playback is on
5. Ability to backup channel list and settings to Internal Drive

(To update go to Menu > Manager > Version > Online Upgrade - then select Firmware 1248.
How is work on the channel editor coming along? Is there an updated version available for testing? I miss being able to edit everything on my computer like I was able to with the GEOSATpro HD, or my older Viewsat & Fortec receivers...

Also found this if you want to turn the internal into an external by removing the 9 pin serial, and replacing with this: USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Socket Panel Mount AdapterView attachment 111552

I don't see a problem with doing that but I wonder if the vendor would void your warranty for doing so. I would imagine that it won't cause problems but it could void the warranty, at the vendors discretion of course. You're "safe" as long as nothing goes wrong with the product during the warranty period.

Installed 1248 and music choice channels have returned. Everything seems fine with the exception of the schedule recording is still not working.
I am looking into this. Will update you in a day or two

Does schedule kick in on the internal drive for you? Also, did you make sure to mark it "record"?

I don't see a problem with doing that but I wonder if the vendor would void your warranty for doing so. I would imagine that it won't cause problems but it could void the warranty, at the vendors discretion of course. You're "safe" as long as nothing goes wrong with the product during the warranty period.
No voiding warranty unless the board is damaged.

How is work on the channel editor coming along? Is there an updated version available for testing? I miss being able to edit everything on my computer like I was able to with the GEOSATpro HD, or my older Viewsat & Fortec receivers...
This is not coming as fast as anticipated. I am working on solution. What is good, the channel list structure is technically xml, so it's not complicated.

I am looking into this. Will update you in a day or two

Does schedule kick in on the internal drive for you? Also, did you make sure to mark it "record"?

I tried both internal and external. The message comes up "going to record in 60 sec" but when the message goes out......no record starts on either recording device. Thanks.

I tried both internal and external. The message comes up "going to record in 60 sec" but when the message goes out......no record starts on either recording device. Thanks.
In our testing the channel switched from another channel and recording started successfully.
Please indicate did you set schedule for Once, Daily, a particular day? What was the length of the recording set? Can you send a picture of the timer?

In our testing the channel switched from another channel and recording started successfully.
Please indicate did you set schedule for Once, Daily, a particular day? What was the length of the recording set? Can you send a picture of the timer?

I should start from the beginning. I'm not using the internal USB port, but I'm using the internal USB thumb drive in the front port. I now think the schedule timer only works on a device connected to the internal USB port. Does this sound correct? I couldn't get the internal USB drive to record and playback without picture breakups. I tried formatting Fat32 and NTFS. The box would not allow me to format NTFS to the internal device. I had to remove it and then format the thumb drive using the front USB port. Once I did that, my recording got much better using the 64gb drive now formatted HTFS. I have nothing currently in the USB port inside. I was hoping I could schedule record to an external drive since they have been working much better for me than the internal 64gb thumb drive. Sorry for the trouble.

If the drive allows recording, it will allow timer.

Your issue is different. It doesn't matter internal or front or back ports, they are mostly the same, but if the drive is not ntfs or fat32, it will not work. If the drive failed, format it using a computer. If it failed, send me direct (private) message with serial number of your receiver and we will replace the drive. If you have another drive please make sure it's NtFS or fat32 formatted and you can record to it without timer first.

This is not coming as fast as anticipated. I am working on solution. What is good, the channel list structure is technically xml, so it's not complicated.
Hmmm, is it possible then to edit the channel list with XML Notepad? If so, how can I get the channel list from the receiver and upload back?

That would be a question to ask the vendor, but my post was liked by SatelliteAV, so I'm assuming he liked the idea, I know I was told it was OK to open and remove the internal USB drive, so this really isn't much different, you're not really modifying anything, just adding an extension to the USB port for easier access.

That would be a question to ask the vendor, but my post was liked by SatelliteAV, so I'm assuming he liked the idea, I know I was told it was OK to open and remove the internal USB drive, so this really isn't much different, you're not really modifying anything, just adding an extension to the USB port for easier access.
We do not void the warranty unless there is a damage to the main board. and yes i did like your idea, apparently.

I set the schedule for Once, 10 Minutes(just testing), I will take a picture of the timer. I can record manually by just press record key on remote. Schedule will change Satellites and Channels, just no record start.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts