GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think you are right that GotCband doesn't know about the 16 GB internal drive, Brian, his listing on Amazon says 64 GB:

Amazon product ASIN B011Q0G4LQ
I'll send him a message now.

Sent him a message on Amazon so he can change his listing if his other receivers for sale are also 16 GB ones.

The only issue that I've noticed now is if I'm on say, 99W C band and then switch directly to 99W Ku, which are both are using DISEqC, the receiver pops up a message 'moving dish,etc,' [even though it doesn't have to move, and doesn't actually move] and then just displays a blank screen. I have to move to say 87w or something and then go back to get a picture. It does this on any pair of C/Ku sats. Minor annoyance, there's no more random dish moves or other undesirable operations. Other than that, it's all good.

Odd... Something interesting for the engineers to remedy!

To eliminate the dish moving message, make sure that the TP list position #1 has an active transponder saved. If position #! is an inactive TP, then the STB thinks it hasn't arrived.... :)

I think this should be behind us when the new firmware allows us to use the same DiSEqC 1.2 motor number assignment.

Reactions: . Raine
Odd... Something interesting for the engineers to remedy!

To eliminate the dish moving message, make sure that the TP list position #1 has an active transponder saved. If position #! is an inactive TP, then the STB thinks it hasn't arrived.... :)

I think this should be behind us when the new firmware allows us to use the same DiSEqC 1.2 motor number assignment.

Thanks, I'll will try that with the TP list. There very well could be inactive transponders 1st in the lists because I left all of the transponders that were there initially in the list.

My thoughts were the same, that with the new firmware, this issue will probably go away.

Tried it and that fixed that issue, Thanks, Brian! There was inactive transponders as #1 in the lists.

Doing this I had something odd happen though, I deleted the 1st transponder in one list and the receiver rebooted when I exited the TP edit menu. It booted back up fine, but instead of removing the inactive transponders in the other lists I tried it on, I just edited them to active TPs.

Last edited:
Michael,
The 898 is available at hdvrbox.com/up/20140416_898.bin
To downgrade, please make sure you delete usb_update.bin from both the flash drive and from the internal drive, then do a factory default.

Please save user data to flash just incase.

Then download and save 20140416_898.bin to external flash drive and go to Menu > Manager > Version > USB update and update to 20140416_898.bin

There is some code that is written as addition to the previous versions, that will not erase unless using RS-232. There is too much opportunity to fail a receiver with RS-232, so we will not release it until more less stable version is released.

Thank you,

No Recording after roll back. The User interface worked in both manual and timer mode as if it was going to work but record never kicked in to record the programming.

I downloaded and put the 20140416_898 onto a flash drive. I performed a factory default. After putting the flash drive into the front of the unit I navigated to Version/USB Upgrade/Front/sdc1/20140416_898 and proceeded. While burning a blue screen popped on several times displaying Error something something...to fast to read and the unit rebooted. I updated my channels with my previous usb_db_.... file. Record was not restored. In the STB info box the Software version also still shows 935.

I haven't tried rolling back. I hope it is possible.

Try formatting the internal flash memory then power off the rear power switch.
Insert the USB in the front port with only the one file 20140416_898 on the drive. Press and hold the Menu and the Up Arrow keys on the front panel while tuning on the rear power switch. Continue to hold the Menu and Up Arrow buttons for about 10 -15 seconds. Thehe USB activity light (if it has one) starts blinking. The update will read, burn, reboot, Load, then display LOAD when completed.

I haven't tried rolling back. I hope it is possible.

Try formatting the internal flash memory then power off the rear power switch.
Insert the USB in the front port with only the one file 20140416_898 on the drive. Press and hold the Menu and the Up Arrow keys on the front panel while tuning on the rear power switch. Continue to hold the Menu and Up Arrow buttons for about 10 -15 seconds. Thehe USB activity light (if it has one) starts blinking. The update will read, burn, reboot, Load, then display LOAD when completed.
I tried what you explained and everything responded as you described but there was no change. It appears that this special version 898 rollback file that was posted is not correct for what we are trying to achieve.."Record". I will just be patient and wait for the new tested version to try to record something. It is my recommendation to anyone wondering if they should try the 935 beta firmware to refrain and wait, especially if they want to record anything. Thanks to all for trying to help!

I tried what you explained and everything responded as you described but there was no change. It appears that this special version 898 rollback file that was posted is not correct for what we are trying to achieve.."Record". I will just be patient and wait for the new tested version to try to record something. It is my recommendation to anyone wondering if they should try the 935 beta firmware to refrain and wait, especially if they want to record anything. Thanks to all for trying to help!
Gfox,
The rollback firmware that I got directly from Titanium worked here and recording is possible.

The link that SatelliteAV gave you points to a 98.4 KB file -- far too small. Maybe its channel data or settings? The bin file should be 49.5 MB.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Gfox
Gfox,
The rollback firmware that I got directly from Titanium worked here and recording is possible.

The link that SatelliteAV gave you points to a 98.4 KB file -- far too small. Maybe its channel data or settings? The bin file should be 49.5 MB.

Hope that helps.

Yes! Thanks to N6BY for chipping in and for Titanium for the version 898 firmware file. Thanks also to SatelliteAV for trying to help. The Titanium file 20150710.bin worked to restore my recording capabilities. Not sure if I needed to but I did a Factory Default restore first, Browsed to the 898 firmware file from Titanium on my usb and applied it to my unit. After reboot I transferred my channels data that I had saved to the unit and BINGO...Recording works again and the Software Version in the STB info box now shows version 898 again.

Someone with Forum Power may want to edit the SatelliteAV QUOTE that is in my message #204 to remove the link to the bad file so no one else can access it.

THANKS!

So the '41' on your info screen matches the '41' in the 8th and 9th positions of your serial number.

My STB info screen serial number (shown in post #159 here) matches the 8th and 9th positions of my sticker too '01'. I am not 100% certain if the 2 digit matches are simply a coincidence or consistent among boxes. Doesn't really matter though.

View attachment 108805

As for the hardware configuration, the only connection I have found so far is that my model number 'HW_VFD_N256_DDR256_1' contains the amount of flash NAND and DDR3 RAM (both 256 MB) which is confirmed by the chip labels.

My HDVR3500 with a 64GB flash drive came from Titanium. Prospective purchasers will probably want to know who is selling units with a 16GB drive?

Mine has the same model # as yours does: HW_VFD_N256_DDR256_1. They really should make it different to be able to distinguish between the two.

Probably lower the price a bit too, on the 16 GB one, or just forget the 16GB one altogether and put 64GB in all of them. I don't much care about the internal drive because even 64 GB is small and isn't what drew me to buying the HDVR3500. Myself, I'd use something external and bigger, or swap the internal one to something bigger, if it can take something bigger internally. I could see other people being upset though, that they paid the same price for the 16GB one as the 64GB one, if that was one of the things which was a consideration in their buying it.

If it's a matter of pitching pennies between a 16GB or 64GB internal storage, I think I'd just leave out the internal storage all together on the lower model and sell it at a slightly lower price, just advertise that internal storage can be added later if the buyer wants to pause live TV, etc.

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
To roll back to Jul 10, please follow steps below. If you want to save old settings save them to USB.

1. Format internal drive Fat32.
2. Factory Reset and turn off HDVR3500
3. Download http://hdvrbox.com/up/usb_update.bin and save it to external Flash Drive
4. Put external drive in the front port.
5. Hold Arrow UP (on the circle) and Menu button at the same time.
6. Turn the unit on from the back and continue holding Arrow Up + Menu for 10 seconds.
7. Make sure your monitor shows the progress copying bin file into onboard flash.
8. Once upgraded, do one more factory reset.

If no errors happen, you will be back to July 10 firmware.

To be fair and honest to any future buyers you really need to advertise this for what it truly is, a Dual-Core. That would be the right thing to do.

Reactions: fred555
Brett, we have not advertised it as any core. We promote features not specs. Now, dealers did promote specs, not manufacturer.

Yep, especially if end user tends to understand the specs. Our equipment has always been set to address performance and particular tasks. The specs can not always address tasks, that's why we have competitors that offer better specs but can not address our customers needs.

Apple has avoided posting specs for a long time, because some of their specs are below android competition. They address tasks by simplifying them. I think that's what our goal is, how do we make the receiver do what the customer wants. If need be, we can increase the memory and other details as they become available and affordable, for now, we have been able to continue developing this hardware so that it can be the best for average user as well as good for demanding hobbyists.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)