GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
While recording to internal drive (fat32) I'm getting momentary picture freezing/studdering on PBS East HD on AMC 21 while watching it being recorded at the same time(not time-shifting). When I stopped the recording and watched the recorded program from the internal drive the breakups didn't happen during playback of the recording. I thought this is very odd. Could it be a overheating issue or limitation of the processor? Thanks.

When testing both in the office and at home, I did not observe picture stuttering, let me do some testing with and without the heat sink.

Reactions: . Raine
When testing both in the office and at home, I did not observe picture stuttering, let me do some testing with and without the heat sink.

I had the receiver on for a few hours before I noticed this recording PBS. I turned on the receiver tonight and started recording with a cold receiver and this never happened. Will keep recording as the box warms up tonight to see.

Is there anyway to add recording time during recording. If I press record and it asks how long. Can I add more time before the initial time set is reached? Thanks.

I'd noticed when I was having the overheat problems with my receiver that the ambient temperature of the room made a huge difference. Nice and cool in the seventies, not much problems. An ambient room temperature in the eighties or more and the receiver would act up bad, so if you do your testing in a cool room, the receiver may not act up.

:clapping
hs.jpg

I'd noticed when I was having the overheat problems with my receiver that the ambient temperature of the room made a huge difference. Nice and cool in the seventies, not much problems. An ambient room temperature in the eighties or more and the receiver would act up bad, so if you do your testing in a cool room, the receiver may not act up.

It gets warm down there with in-floor heat and all that equipment running for hours. Never in the 80's only like 74 or 75.

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this so I will keep it short. I've been trying to find a firmware update for GeoSatPro HDVR3500. I have a small bug with setting recurring schedules and A Raine suggested I post here to ask SatelliteAV where to get an update. I already have looked up instructions on finding the current version and how to update, I just can't seem to find an update. I just received and installed my system yesterday. Any help would be appreciated, sorry for any distraction from the intent of this thread.

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this so I will keep it short. I've been trying to find a firmware update for GeoSatPro HDVR3500. I have a small bug with setting recurring schedules and A Raine suggested I post here to ask SatelliteAV where to get an update. I already have looked up instructions on finding the current version and how to update, I just can't seem to find an update. I just received and installed my system yesterday. Any help would be appreciated, sorry for any distraction from the intent of this thread.
Please watch this video

I will add voice in the next day or two.

Menu -> Manager -> Version -> Online Update.

Reactions: dsmith0429
Im getting pause and drop out of audio and video recording pbs hd as well. Its winter and my house is at 63. Id also like to know how to add recording time when you hit record and it asks you how long and later you decide you need to add time to it most receivers you just hit record again and up the time (solomend, amiko etc). Just be nice to have!

Also... It seems the timeshift issue I explain before the lockup happens after the exact same time every time. Pause then later hit play. Seemed 15min then receiver freezes. I looked in settings and timeshift is set to 15min? What is that setting? You can put it up to a few hours. Do I have this set wrong should I up that or is the receiver buggy on this setting and locking up after the time period set here? Timeshift should keep running till you stop it or change channel not be limited to a time period. Thanks for any clarification.

Im getting pause and drop out of audio and video recording pbs hd as well. Its winter and my house is at 63. Id also like to know how to add recording time when you hit record and it asks you how long and later you decide you need to add time to it most receivers you just hit record again and up the time (solomend, amiko etc). Just be nice to have!
Josh, can you tell me what version of firmware are you on? To check, go Menu -> Manager -> Version. And give me Halo version. I will check the time shift.
Thank you

Please watch this video
I will add voice in the next day or two.
Menu -> Manager -> Version -> Online Update.

Okay I see the online update, didn't realize that was built in. However my local Firmware version is 1279 and the server version is 1279. So no luck. I guess it's just not going to work, oh well, I can get around the broken recurring schedule options, it's just kind of a pain to manually set a once off timer every week for all my shows (daily for my kid's show). But hey at least recording isn't completely broken at least.

Thanks for the reply.

Okay I see the online update, didn't realize that was built in. However my local Firmware version is 1279 and the server version is 1279. So no luck. I guess it's just not going to work, oh well, I can get around the broken recurring schedule options, it's just kind of a pain to manually set a once off timer every week for all my shows (daily for my kid's show). But hey at least recording isn't completely broken at least.
Well, we can address that. I am testing it here to confirm and we will correct it.

Since I blind scan ku birds all the time I have a question about deleting inactive channels. Before I scan AMC-16 I like to delete all the previous channels that are now dark on this bird. When I edit to delete these expired channels it takes me to all channels/all Sats list and I have to select satellite AMC-16 to remove just the ones off the Satellite I'm about to scan. Can this be changed to when I'm parked on AMC-16 and want to delete unused channels before scanning, I can select edit and show only the channels located on the satellite in which I'm trying to edit?

Since I blind scan ku birds all the time I have a question about deleting inactive channels. Before I scan AMC-16 I like to delete all the previous channels that are now dark on this bird. When I edit to delete these expired channels it takes me to all channels/all Sats list and I have to select satellite AMC-16 to remove just the ones off the Satellite I'm about to scan. Can this be changed to when I'm parked on AMC-16 and want to delete unused channels before scanning, I can select edit and show only the channels located on the satellite in which I'm trying to edit?
After you went to channel list - edit - delete, press SAT button to select desired satellite. Then delete the unwanted channels.

Watch how to manage favorites below

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)