GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi....Does anyone have a 22KHz problem with this box?.....I have a combination C & Ku band LNB that needs a 22KHz signal to activate the Ku-band side of it....When I apply the 22KHz signal and do a blind scan it will also scan in some C-band stuff and has a very weak Ku side.....Usually the C-band stuff is way to weak to play but it's there with the names etc.......I have tried 3 different brand new switches and get the same results....I have even tried the more expensive higher isolation DiSEqC switches with the same results....Keep in mind that this same setup works fine and normal with my other receivers.....There's definitely a problem in this receiver....I'm giving it a few more days if I can't get this problem resolved I will be returning it to where I bought it....I have a review I might be doing on this box very shortly that should benefit all....I'm hoping I can get this fixed....JJ

Hi....Does anyone have a 22KHz problem with this box?.....I have a combination C & Ku band LNB that needs a 22KHz signal to activate the Ku-band side of it....When I apply the 22KHz signal and do a blind scan it will also scan in some C-band stuff and has a very weak Ku side.....Usually the C-band stuff is way to weak to play but it's there with the names etc.......I have tried 3 different brand new switches and get the same results....I have even tried the more expensive higher isolation DiSEqC switches with the same results....Keep in mind that this same setup works fine and normal with my other receivers.....There's definitely a problem in this receiver....I'm giving it a few more days if I can't get this problem resolved I will be returning it to where I bought it....I have a review I might be doing on this box very shortly that should benefit all....I'm hoping I can get this fixed....JJ
Let me investigate. What brand 22k switch were you using?

Thanks for the quick response ...With all due respect I do not believe for one minute that it's a brand related switch problem....Like I said before all the switches worked with my other receivers....But ,Pansat,,,DMS,,,EMP etc. were some of the DiSEqC switches tried.....Here's a typical correct setting when using the combination LNB that I have.....C-band ....LNB frequency set to 5150..22KHz set to off.. DiSEqC set to 1.0... DiSEqC 1.0 set to B....Now for Ku-band LNB frequency set to 10750..22KHz set to on.. DiSEqC set to 1.0... DiSEqC 1.0 set to B......Keep in mind that when I do a blind scan C-band seems to work okay/good with perhaps to many failed items coming up on the list but it don't seem to pick up any stray Ku signals....It's when I try to do a Ku-band blind scan when it picks up a plethora of stray C-band weak signals that appear in the list but don't really play....Also the Ku signals are weaker than normal or absent....I have tried every conceivable configuration within the box itself to no avail.....You need to see if there's an isolation/leak problem within the software since I do not believe it's a hardware problem....Thanks.....JJ

Thanks for the quick response ...With all due respect I do not believe for one minute that it's a brand related switch problem....Like I said before all the switches worked with my other receivers....But ,Pansat,,,DMS,,,EMP etc. were some of the DiSEqC switches tried.....Here's a typical correct setting when using the combination LNB that I have.....C-band ....LNB frequency set to 5150..22KHz set to off.. DiSEqC set to 1.0... DiSEqC 1.0 set to B....Now for Ku-band LNB frequency set to 10750..22KHz set to on.. DiSEqC set to 1.0... DiSEqC 1.0 set to B......Keep in mind that when I do a blind scan C-band seems to work okay/good with perhaps to many failed items coming up on the list but it don't seem to pick up any stray Ku signals....It's when I try to do a Ku-band blind scan when it picks up a plethora of stray C-band weak signals that appear in the list but don't really play....Also the Ku signals are weaker than normal or absent....I have tried every conceivable configuration within the box itself to no avail.....You need to see if there's an isolation/leak problem within the software since I do not believe it's a hardware problem....Thanks.....JJ
I am not blaming any switch brand at all. I have been able to repeat your experience, we are looking into this.

The recall button on my remote control now shows audio options instead of last channels viewed. Is this supposed to be this way now? Software Version 1311

The recall button on my remote control now shows audio options instead of last channels viewed. Is this supposed to be this way now? Software Version 1311
Also with 1311, the GOTO button does not MUTE anymore. Has there been another button delegated to the MUTE function? Now pushing GOTO results in the same action as when you push OK and brings up the channels list.

Basically 1311 was full implementation of the GEOSATpro Gray remote that is compatible with microHD, DVR1100 and DSR100/200 series. Since there is a conflict of buttons, we will not merge the new remote functions with old remote. So, officially, Version 1311 will be the only fully compatible with old microHD remote for now.

Here's official permanent link to 1311: http://hdvrbox.com/up/gs/oldremote/usb_update.bin

The issue with the 1311 firmware: when motor controls are issued, they bleed over to other Diseqc ports. That means, if you have more than one Diseqc motor, the receiver will confuse them.
If we update the firmware with the Diseqc command fixed, I will change the 1311 file with another one that will be compatible with the microHD remote.

Reactions: dsmith0429
Basically 1311 was full implementation of the GEOSATpro Gray remote that is compatible with microHD, DVR1100 and DSR100/200 series. Since there is a conflict of buttons, we will not merge the new remote functions with old remote. So, officially, Version 1311 will be the only fully compatible with old microHD remote for now.

Here's official permanent link to 1311: http://hdvrbox.com/up/gs/oldremote/usb_update.bin

The issue with the 1311 firmware: when motor controls are issued, they bleed over to other Diseqc ports. That means, if you have more than one Diseqc motor, the receiver will confuse them.
If we update the firmware with the Diseqc command fixed, I will change the 1311 file with another one that will be compatible with the microHD remote.
So will the link that you just posted restore the HDVR3500 remote back to what we have been using? If YES then do we have to use the USB method to install the update? or do we need to roll back to 1279 to restore the button assignments as they were previously? I am not clear.

Hi,,,I'm kinda confused about your answer in regards to the 22KHz issue I'm having.....I am not using any motor settings, it is set to none.....Is there a fix or not?....Also I'm trying to figure out how you can use a 16 port DiSEqC switch correctly when the box only has 4 ports available in 1.0...I'm using 1296 firmware....JJ

Hi,,,I'm kinda confused about your answer in regards to the 22KHz issue I'm having.....I am not using any motor settings, it is set to none.....Is there a fix or not?....Also I'm trying to figure out how you can use a 16 port DiSEqC switch correctly when the box only has 4 ports available in 1.0...I'm using 1296 firmware....JJ
I am working on a fix. This has worked in previous versions, so we will be able to address it in the next few days. But the 16 port will work in 1.1. I will update you when finished testing.

So will the link that you just posted restore the HDVR3500 remote back to what we have been using? If YES then do we have to use the USB method to install the update? or do we need to roll back to 1279 to restore the button assignments as they were previously? I am not clear.
1311 is currently available software. I will post an update with new firmware that changes the Remote buttons back to normal. If someone needs the 1311, they can download it from the permanent link and will be able to install it back on the receiver using USB update feature.

Why would it need/or be desirable, to have the HDVR3500 be compatible with the MIcroHD remote, or why would you even incorporate the MicroHD remote codes into the HDVR3500's firmware?? Did you completely change over to a new firmware or something? I haven't been following along or downloading any updates because my receiver is working fine on 922 with what I've fixed on it, so I don't know, which is why I'm asking. It seems really odd for the HDVR3500 to have anything to do with the MicroHD, or to try and combine anything of the two, especially with the remote already working without any issues.

Why would it need/or be desirable, to have the HDVR3500 be compatible with the MIcroHD remote, or why would you even incorporate the MicroHD remote codes into the HDVR3500's firmware?? Did you completely change over to a new firmware or something? I haven't been following along or downloading any updates because my receiver is working fine on 922 with what I've fixed on it, so I don't know, which is why I'm asking. It seems really odd for the HDVR3500 to have anything to do with the MicroHD, or to try and combine anything of the two, especially with the remote already working without any issues.
In the life of these receivers, every new firmware ads/enables features that were planned or requested by our customers. The MicroHD remote was approved by SlingBox and we are working to make the HDVR3500 remote work separately and attempted to merge them. Apparently, some codes interfere with each other, so we will leave 1311 available for those that need the microHD remote.

Reactions: . Raine
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)