Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

The idea that YouTube can make money directly on ST is destroyed by simple math. The idea that it can use it, as DirecTV did, to pick up subscribers means that linear television is here to stay, and all you experts tell me that isn't so.

Pick which story is true and get back to me.

The idea that YouTube can make money directly on ST is destroyed by simple math. The idea that it can use it, as DirecTV did, to pick up subscribers means that linear television is here to stay, and all you experts tell me that isn't so.

Pick which story is true and get back to me.

Ah, look at those pivots. 'make money directly on ST', and the illusion that these are the only ways to make money from the deal. Do you guys not understand or just lack the imagination or common sense to see beyond these two options?

Pick your excuse and get back to me.

So you think linear TV is here to stay. Good to know.

Or are we still on this silly idea that they are going to make money off the 2 minutes of ads they can sell per hour?

This is a loss leader. As it was for DirecTV. The only difference is that today there a 20 choices for linear TV, where in DirecTV's time there were 3, and swapping between them is three clicks of a button, rather than a complex visit from an installer. That, and, yes there are SOME (not everyone, and certainly all of those who want that option have got it) people who don't want linear TV today.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
'the only ad revenue they'll get is from 2 minutes an hour of a broadcast' is about as tired and wrong as 'they won't have a standalone Sunday Ticket'

So no imagination / common sense it is.

So no imagination / common sense it is.
So, please enlighten us. You can explain just how they are going to make money. They need more subscribers than watch the games for "free" to make it on subscriptions. They have two minutes of ads to sell, and, based on rack rates, you could buy a national ad on the actual network for less.

So what's the secret?

Maybe its the same secret to streaming becoming profitable. What was that again?

So, please enlighten us. You can explain just how they are going to make money. They need more subscribers than watch the games for "free" to make it on subscriptions. They have two minutes of ads to sell, and, based on rack rates, you could buy a national ad on the actual network for less.
I already posted that Google gets to run their own ads, it was in the story I posted with a link that also said google can price it however they want, with quotes from the head of NFL Media, where he said what came before with with DirecTV has nothing to do with Google’s deal, it is a whole new deal.

I will have to find that link again.

Found it, but now blocked unless a subscriber, headline-

YOUTUBE WINS NEW AD INVENTORY WITH NFL'S SUNDAY TICKET STREAMING RIGHTS​

YouTube wins new ad inventory with NFL's Sunday Ticket streaming rights

Then this showed how much money they can make with the new advertising time-

A viewer will see about an hour of ads during the average NFL game. With ad rates of about $75per thousand ad views (CPM,) a viewer will generate about $9 per game watched. So, if the average Sunday Ticket subscriber watches two games a week during the 17-game season, YouTube will earn $600 million in ad revenue from two million subscribers.

I already posted that Google gets to run their own ads, it was in the story I posted with a link that also said google can price it however they want, with quotes from the head of NFL Media, where he said what came before with with DirecTV has nothing to do with Google’s deal, it is a whole new deal.

A viewer will see about an hour of ads during the average NFL game. With ad rates of about $75per thousand ad views (CPM,) a viewer will generate about $9 per game watched. So, if the average Sunday Ticket subscriber watches two games a week during the 17-game season, YouTube will earn $600 million in ad revenue from two million subscribers.

Good luck with that

'Nuh uh' is about as thoughtful of a response you can expect from the detractors. Better than just lies and trolling I guess.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
I just love how I keep posting links to show certain people they are incorrect on the subject, today, second time I posted the link on the ability to sell all tha ad time, gets ignored and then back to the lies of 2 minutes of ads.

I guess I do not understand why certain members are taking this so personal about ST moving to streaming.

GREAT, just what we need .... MORE ADS :eek: :oldmad

I have a Question :
For those of you that ordered YT ST, not YT TV /ST ....
Is there anywhere that I can go On YT that Shows that I am paid for the year ?
On D* there was a channel you could go to to Confirm ....

Is YT ST a separate App or do I go into YT TV and look for it ?
I believe, right now, if I go into YT TV I will get charged once I click on something .... (at $72 pm)

Anywhere to confirm on the YT App ???

I'd expect it would be listed under your paid memberships: YouTube

Mine for example:

1683077477271.png

For YTTV, memberships and programming for that are broken down via that service's membership page: YouTube

Reactions: Jimbo
I have a Question :

I believe, right now, if I go into YT TV I will get charged once I click on something .... (at $72 pm)

You should be able to just go to your Google account, go to google. . com , then in the upper right corner should be your avatar, then from there you can select subscriptions , purchases, payments, etc.

I have a Question :

Under subscriptions or library

Ok, Thanks guys ...
I was able to confirm YT ST has been paid for in the Subscription section.

Do you suppose when the Season comes around, you would go into the Main YTTV App and find ST ???

Am I allowed to go into the YT App with my Credentials I set up and look around at this point, or will they start charging the Monthly fee if I go into the App ??

Ok, Thanks guys ...
I was able to confirm YT ST has been paid for in the Subscription section.

Do you suppose when the Season comes around, you would go into the Main YTTV App and find ST ???

Am I allowed to go into the YT App with my Credentials I set up and look around at this point, or will they start charging the Monthly fee if I go into the App ??
YT means just You Tube, YTTV is the Live TV, I know they do a free trial for it, but as of now there is nothing there yet for ST in either YT or YTTV.

My guess is they are still working on everything still, like multiview for example.

‘If they were smart, should just set up a ST app for the non-YTTV subscribers.

YT means just You Tube, YTTV is the Live TV, I know they do a free trial for it, but as of now there is nothing there yet for ST in either YT or YTTV.

My guess is they are still working on everything still, like multiview for example.

‘If they were smart, should just set up a ST app for the non-YTTV subscribers.
OK, then YT TV ST ...
ST IS on YT TV, not YT, right ?

No reason to not expect it to work just how things work now on their Primetime Channels. If you want to tinker with it I'd suggest spinning up a trial of something at Movies and Shows.

I pay for Showtime via YTTV. On yt/movies it shows that I have it purchased there, and I can access a portal for that content, live and on demand:

1683082522143.png

1683082549006.png

I expect the NFL will be something similar, albiet probably w/ a bit more pomp and circumstance given the other features and it's popularity.

You can see similar functionality already in place for the NFL Youtube channel.

And even for channels I don't own, I can see all of this functionality in place, just with a different call to action (Pay to watch instead o Watch now)

1683082671084.png