Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

OK, then YT TV ST ...
ST IS on YT TV, not YT, right ?

From the text of their announcement:

YouTube is the new home of NFL Sunday Ticket.​

Watch every out-of-market Sunday afternoon game on your TV and supported devices. Get it today and save $100.​
Bundle with YouTube TV for more live TV, or get it standalone.
So YouTube is the answer to your question.

From the text of their announcement:

YouTube is the new home of NFL Sunday Ticket.​

Watch every out-of-market Sunday afternoon game on your TV and supported devices. Get it today and save $100.​
Bundle with YouTube TV for more live TV, or get it standalone.
So YouTube is the answer to your question.
Then I don't need the YTTV App on the TV, Youtube is already part of the operating system for Sony's Google TV .... this brings up even more thoughts ....
My TV is already logged into Google upon set up (makes all your App appear if your adding a new TV.)

I'll have to start looking around the TV and see if anything ST wise is already there other than what I already have added from the past year.

Its on both..you can buy ST alone on YT..or pay alot more for it by getting YT TV " deal"
It is only a lot more if you are a true cable cutter, no live TV.

If you add it (ST) to any other Live TV provider, it would be a lot more then YTTV with ST.

I have already posted and showed the math that ST with YTTV is cheaper then DirecTV without Sunday Ticket, I used the Entertainment Package for comparison and used the new 2 year disco pricing.

Another pivot, not allowed to use someone’s name since it was reported, so Rabbit HoleTM.

I know what they paid ( 2 to 2.5 billion) for just residential..directv paid 1.5 billion including commercial rights...and we know there a roughly 2 million customers for out of market football...so we can safely say google is losing money on Sunday ticket at the current price point..but will youtubetv pick up enough subs to be profitable with sunday ticket?..only time will tell

The numbers they made upvin that article...nobody knows how many subscribers there will be..its all a guess

We know directv had 2 million...we know that internet only football loses viewers after the amazon TNF debacle ..cant sell ads on a guesstimate but thanks for taking my comment out of context

We know directv had 2 million...we know that internet only football loses viewers after the amazon TNF debacle ..cant sell ads on a guesstimate but thanks for taking my comment out of context

In 2017, DirecTV had 21 million Households, so it was only available to 21 million, last year, they had about 9-10 Million Subscribers, so only available to 9-10 Million.

Now it is available to over 100 Million Households, basic math skills should tell you when it is available to basically 90 Million more Households, it should attract more customers, from DirecTV subscribers and those who do not have DirecTV.

Jimbo is a example of a DirecTV subscriber that ordered it, I am a example of a not DirecTV subscriber who ordered it.

And before the next pivot, since Google gets to sell all the ad time as show in the link up above and a few months ago when I posted it the first time, which DirecTV was not allowed to do, that is another revenue source which could get them to profitability, specially with Targeted Advertising which Google/You Tube excel at.

YTTV with ST is cheaper then DirecTV without ST, specially now before June 6.

DirecTV is dying, now under 10 Million on the Satellite part of the business, over 11 Million gone , expected to lose 3 Million-up Subscribers this year ( normal is 2 million) with the loss of ST.

Any other pivot you wish to bring up, go ahead, hopefully that covers most things right now.

Last edited:
I left the full text of the posts, so hardly out of context. I'd say the professional analysts know more than us yahoos on a message board about what is likely, but then I reminded myself of all the things MoffettNathanson had gotten wrong over the years.

Reactions: Bruce
The games will contain the ads sold by CBS / Fox. The only ad slots Google can sell are the blanks where the local stations show local ads. That is in the CBS / Fox contract and any opinion piece that says otherwise is simply written by someone who is uninformed. Really that simple.

The games will contain the ads sold by CBS / Fox. The only ad slots Google can sell are the blanks where the local stations show local ads. That is in the CBS / Fox contract and any opinion piece that says otherwise is simply written by someone who is uninformed. Really that simple.
CBS/FOX are both starting new contracts this year, my guess is the NFL clawed back the advertising rights ( so ads only pertain to CBS and Fox properties like the broadcast channels and Paramount+) to make it more attractive for bidding on the new Sunday Ticket rights.

And again, I posted two links, you zero, just your opinion basing it on what has happened in the past.

Just like when I posted that MNF would be on ESPN+ and you posted it would not happen, you were just as incorrect then as now.

Once again, the headline from one of my links-

YOUTUBE WINS NEW AD INVENTORY WITH NFL'S SUNDAY TICKET STREAMING RIGHTS​

CBS/FOX are both starting new contracts this year, my guess is the NFL clawed back the advertising rights ( so ads only pertain to CBS and Fox properties like the broadcast channels and Paramount+) to make it more attractive for bidding on the new Sunday Ticket rights.

And again, I posted two links, you zero, just your opinion basing it on what has happened in the past.

Just like when I posted that MNF would be on ESPN+ and you posted it would not happen, you were just as incorrect then as now.

Once again, the headline from one of my links-

YOUTUBE WINS NEW AD INVENTORY WITH NFL'S SUNDAY TICKET STREAMING RIGHTS​

Sombody has to buy it..20 million viewers is much more attractive than the handful watching sunday ticket

Sombody has to buy it..20 million viewers is much more attractive than the handful watching sunday ticket
All I wrote was it is another way to make revenue, never wrote how much or how many will subscribe.

Reactions: meStevo
Reactions: SamCdbs
Sidelines and locker rooms. Nothing unique there
Trying to get advertising for ST, I have read news reports that say they get all the ad time or have to share some with Fox/CBS, multiples stories on both sides, so they will have all/some time to sell.

Find out exactly how much ad time they get next week at the presentation.

Sidelines and locker rooms. Nothing unique there
I don't watch NFL, so just confirming you are saying Fox/CBS have youtubers on the sidelines and in the locker rooms creating additional content that they can sell advertising on?

I don't watch NFL, so just confirming you are saying Fox/CBS have youtubers on the sidelines and in the locker rooms creating additional content that they can sell advertising on?
No they have reporters and celebrities..not untrained bloggers..same concept..just the networks have been doing it for years