Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

Cant wait till we start seeing this and that fee showing up on our Internet Streaming services ...

Ya know, someone's gonna find a way to add a fee here or there and that will be the beginning of Fees and Taxes and anything else they can find to charge you.

Can't wait for this when the NFL gets started ... actually more likely when the playoffs get started as you'll have all the more people watching.

Actually, I HOPE this NEVER happens.
Hmmm, and I got hammered when I suggested concern this might happen, but to have it happen with a single NBA game does not bode well for a full slate of Sunday NFL games. YTTV better upgrade their systems in a hurry.

Reactions: Jimbo
You mean the almighty NFL will force you to Stream the NFL all year (OOM) , yet you can get the playoffs on Everyday TV ???

They know where there bread and butter is at.

82 of the top 100 most watched telecasts were NFL games. They have a lot of bread, and a lot of butter.

I take it you weren't all irrationally giddy about the DirecTV outages for multiple weeks though.

Hmmm, and I got hammered when I suggested concern this might happen, but to have it happen with a single NBA game does not bode well for a full slate of Sunday NFL games. YTTV better upgrade their systems in a hurry.

Because it's a technical error, not buffering, etc. You got 'hammered' for suggesting Youtube might not have the hardware to support a surge of viewers on Sundays... on a platform with 122 million daily active users streaming a billion hours a day, over 60% of that in the US.

Because it's a technical error, not buffering, etc. You got 'hammered' for suggesting Youtube might not have the hardware to support a surge of viewers on Sundays... on a platform with 122 million daily active users streaming a billion hours a day, over 60% of that in the US.
and they have been already streaming every NFL games that would of been on ST in all the different local markets, all they will basically doing is open up all those streams to Sunday Ticket subs.

All this worry over a glitch with a NBA Game, while the rest of YTTV ran fine.

This is Google we are talking about, a company with a market cap of $1.55 Trillion , they know what they are doing.

This NBA game glitch is just another reason to complain about the move to streaming, but once again, what choice did the NFL have, DirecTV is the one who decided they longer wanted it.

from the story-
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell made a rare appearance at a non-league media event Wednesday night, taking the stage at YouTube’s Brandcast to tout the strengthening ties between the NFL and the tech giant.

Translation-
Alphabet / Google has a lot of money and the next big rights deal will be coming up in 9 years ( expires in 10 years) and I have to play nice.

Can't wait for this when the NFL gets started ... actually more likely when the playoffs get started as you'll have all the more people watching.

Actually, I HOPE this NEVER happens.
Who else remembers something similar happening on Dish? I had no end of trouble with their ad insertion software for years.

82 of the top 100 most watched telecasts were NFL games. They have a lot of bread, and a lot of butter.

I take it you weren't all irrationally giddy about the DirecTV outages for multiple weeks though.
I was NEVER out of my Sunday Ticket ... Period.

The very first week they always have a bit of trouble, not sure why, but I have never had an issue on D* SAT to watch My Team ...

and they have been already streaming every NFL games that would of been on ST in all the different local markets, all they will basically doing is open up all those streams to Sunday Ticket subs.

All this worry over a glitch with a NBA Game, while the rest of YTTV ran fine.

This is Google we are talking about, a company with a market cap of $1.55 Trillion , they know what they are doing.

This NBA game glitch is just another reason to complain about the move to streaming, but once again, what choice did the NFL have, DirecTV is the one who decided they longer wanted it.
Amazon, Apple to name 2.

Amazon, Apple to name 2.
They never carried it, only DirecTV.

I was referring to the anger I keep reading here and elsewhere, just because it is no longer on DirecTV, some things I read by people believe Google stole it away, or that the NFL conspired to take it away just because they wanted it streaming.

Nope, DirecTV choose to not bid on it, just like they choose to not bid on the business portion of ST.

If DirecTV wished, they could have bid on it, used it to push the internet version of DirecTV, along with keeping it on Satellite at the same time.

They never carried it, only DirecTV.

I was referring to the anger I keep reading here and elsewhere, just because it is no longer on DirecTV, some things I read by people believe Google stole it away, or that the NFL conspired to take it away just because they wanted it streaming.

Nope, DirecTV choose to not bid on it, just like they choose to not bid on the business portion of ST.

If DirecTV wished, they could have bid on it, used it to push the internet version of DirecTV, along with keeping it on Satellite at the same time.
D* didn't bid because it was too damn expensive.

Now, every one is talking about the Sunday Ticket ... what about the games that are Not on the Ticket ....
Are those still on OTA TV or are they going to streaming only as well ?

Why would you expect those would do any better than YouTube, which has over a decade of live broadcast experience?
They came VERY close to going with one or the other, so it wasn't a YT is the way we'll go ... it once again came down to money.

Sounds like they will let Google do whatever they want with it, but they balked at Apple doing the same.

Now, every one is talking about the Sunday Ticket ... what about the games that are Not on the Ticket ....
Are those still on OTA TV or are they going to streaming only as well ?
There were plenty of games last season not on ST, MNF, SNF, TNF, Thanksgiving, Game in Europe.

They came VERY close to going with one or the other, so it wasn't a YT is the way we'll go ... it once again came down to money.

Sounds like they will let Google do whatever they want with it, but they balked at Apple doing the same.
Based on what has been reported, Roger Goodell is ready to get in deeper with Google.

“The fact is, millions of football fans are on YouTube to catch all things NFL,” he said, with viewing of NFL content in 2022 gaining 27% in watch time compared with 2021, with 1.9 billion views. “This partnership will build on the success we’ve seen on YouTube’s platforms with our most sought-after content.”

Sunday Ticket is “only the beginning,” Goodell said, noting that YouTube creators are getting “first-of-its-kind” access to NFL games, clubs, athletes and fans. That inside perspective will help the league “reach fans in more ways than ever.”

I do wonder what things will be like when the next contracts are to be negotiated.

Youtube is random...Dish uses specified commercial breaks provided by the channel
The post I was responding to was discussing YouTube TV which uses the same insertion spots as any other cable/satellite provider, not YouTube.