Got the Protection Plan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The above posters were correct. There was 0 out of pocket cost to me. The HD Receiver was shipped FEDEX on july 3rd arrived on Thursday 6th. I assume it would have been faster if not for the 4th. The receiver included a fedex label to return my old one in the same box.

The directv guy came out on the 7th to realign the dish -- I had called on Sunday the 2nd btw.

So for me I got my money's worth since I would be out at least $70 in the truck roll --

Also as a bonus the Directv guy gave me a spool of dual coax because I wanted to run a couple of extra lines to prepare for the MPEG-4 DVR this winter (no diplexing)!

I've had the protection plan since I signed up with D*. This week I had a R15, which I purchased last December replaced due to it's inability to read the access card. I happened to look at the D* website for activity since last invoice and my R15 was now all of a sudden leased.

I called D* and after being transferred four times finally got someone to say any receiver that is replaced under the protection plan, even if purchased, would now be a leased receiver. Needless to say I was not happy about this at all, and after getting nowhere with this person I asked to be transferred to either a manager who would fix this or customer retention, he said please hold. After a couple minutes they came back and said since I was an "A" customer he would correct their system and make the R15 owned and not leased.

Did I miss something about this new policy? I looked at the PDF on D*'s web site and there is no mention of this little switch-a-roo, in fact the PDF is dated 11/03, well before the lease program started.

heres the policy in a nutshell

if the reciever was originally tagged as owned, and prot plan replaces it, the replacement will be tagged as owned, if it was originally leased, then it was tagged as leased.

if you were required to return the defective unit, and you were not charged for the replacement, then it was a covered replacement (erp) and the tag is kept the same.

if its not fixed, or if anyone else has that problem, call dtv back up, ask for the access card department, and explain the situation and they will change the tag.

thankyouforcallingdtv said:
heres the policy in a nutshell

if the reciever was originally tagged as owned, and prot plan replaces it, the replacement will be tagged as owned, if it was originally leased, then it was tagged as leased.

if you were required to return the defective unit, and you were not charged for the replacement, then it was a covered replacement (erp) and the tag is kept the same.

if its not fixed, or if anyone else has that problem, call dtv back up, ask for the access card department, and explain the situation and they will change the tag.

That's the way I would think it would work, but that's now what I was being told last night by the access card department (the 4th place I was transferred to). As I said, the CSR wasn't going to budge on saying my owner R15 was now leased until I asked to be transferred to retention.

Thanks

was it a protection plan csr or someone else?
ask which call center they're in.
this was a recent company-wide topic on the computer, so it shouldnt have been an issue.

of course, i work with idiots, so who knows.
access card will get it right, so just request a transfer there.

thankyouforcallingdtv said:
was it a protection plan csr or someone else?

The final place that I was transferred to was access card department, I was in the protection plan department before then and they said only access card folks could change the designation. That was the department that was telling me that it was the new policy, since March, that made a replacment of an owner receiver a lease, even when done as part of the protection plan.

Sorry, don't know what call center I ended up with.

protection plan was right. only acdt can change the tag.
i remember a companywide memo (it pops up on your screen when you log in to the main system, but noone ever reads them... except me)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)