Please reply by conversation.

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
H20: CE07145 - 0x20?? Announcement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Earl at DBSTalk it looks like there could be a CE rollout for the H20 Tommorow and Saturday Night.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=88159

H20: CE07145 - 0x20?? Announcement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:This is for the H20 - NON-DVR
----------------------------------------------------------------
H20 - CE07110
H20-100 Version: 0x20??
H20-600 Version: 0x20??

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; May 25, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; May 26, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Time and availability subject to change
Please monitor the threads, 50% chance the CE will happen... but until it does... anything can change.

Remember only grab CE's if you dont mind some bugs, as this is not fully tested software.

Excellent thanks for the post.

If you see anything we missed, please fee free to post them here.

And while we are not require to, I do ask that you do also include a link back to the origional post / site in the message.

How to apply the download?

Ok, so what do I have to do to take advantage of this? Do I force a manual download during the window of opportunity? If so, How? It's been a while since I forced one on my H20 so I forgot.

Ok, so what do I have to do to take advantage of this? Do I force a manual download during the window of opportunity? If so, How? It's been a while since I forced one on my H20 so I forgot.

press the reset button on the unit or pull the power cord from the wall...and wait for the blue screen to come up and press the 03468 i think... ? i myself forgot :D

Reset button which is on the right next to the security card. You have to open the drawer. Then when you get the blue screen hit deliberatly 0 2 4 6 8 on the remote and nothing else. If it does not get to screen where it says you are downloading a new software version, reset and try again.

I put the numbers when I see the light on the power button on the far left light up. For me its a better start point then on the screen. Make sure to leave the unit in the format to see the status screen (480i, 480p, 720p,1080i) thats applicable to your TV. I usually leave it 480p because every screen in house can see that (I have mine centralized in house feeding different TV's).

Warnings!!!!
-) This is a MAJOR upgrade for the H20. And this CE is not to be taken lightly. If you decide to download this CE, it is not a simple rollback to the previous version.

--------------------------------------
What this CE contains:

New Feature: Interactive capabilities

This CE release builds on the last CE's 0x1082, 0x2002.
At this momemnt, there are no additional features added to it since the last release. This CE is addressing some of the issues found in the last two CE's.

-) This release also improves the HDMI compatibility.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=88159

Hr20-700 : Ce 0716

There is ALSO a upgrade for the HR20 HD HVR as well set for Friday/ Saturday.

If you want a seperate post, that fine, I would think you would want seperate post, but seeing people are looking at this thread, I'll throw the info in here.

HR20-700
HR20-700: CE0716?
Version: 0x16?

NOTE: This is for the HR20-700 Only;
The HR20-100 is not part of this CE

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; May 25, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; May 26, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Time and availability subject to change
Please monitor the threads, 40% chance the CE will happen... but until it does... anything can change.

See the announcement thread for more details:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=88304

These are two entirely seperate updates, more details in the DVR foruum

Jimbo

Last edited:
HR20 Changes

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=88304

Improved
SWM channel tuning reliability
My Playlist -> Category Sort/Search
Stability

Caller ID and "Unkown/Unkown" Popup
Recorded program playback is not interrupted when a scheduled recording starts
"Pinky" has been... removed
Acquiring Guide Data OSD (On Screen Display), surpressed during recorded playback
Improved Trickplay
Improved single tuner operation
Network Setup - "Connect Now" will not set Static IP if IP address did not change

Updated
The entire GUI, to the New "White" GUI
Pressing EXIT on an iTV app while in recorded playback stops only the iTV app
Scrolling option in setup
One button guide in setup
"Static" is displayed next to IP address in system info when static IP is in use (using static IP is not recommended)
More on screen remote control codes, for remote setup screen
Removed display of yellow icon in the channel banner, if only one audio track is available
Progress bar will update when a stop time extension is added to the currently-recording program

New feature(s)
Added group-play in the Playlist that plays all programs within a group one after the other
Added display of conflicting programs in the To Do List

Notes
Caller ID is not 100%
Picture may freeze (still frame) when doing 6s jump back
Feedback... Feedback... Feedback... If there was ever a CE todate where feedback was most critical... this is the one.

I hope my audio drop outs is adresses in the "Stability" portion of the improvements.

It seems that they are real good with no drop out one update and then they are back on the next.
For awhile I was having them every few minutes and with a different update, they would be gone entirely.

btw, the audio drop outs I am having are ONLY on D* provided HD channels, my OTA HD channels have never given me any trouble and the SD channels are fine also.

Jimbo

Make sure to use on screen reboot as recommended versus pulling plug or red button reset. You can find it here in menu.

Menu->Setup->Reset->Restart (the first option)

I understand there is risk... So, how many people have actually reported their reciever to stop working all together during/after these downloads? (With no recovery) Im very interested in participating, and understand Risk=Reward but I hope I don't have to replace the reciever over this. I have none of the previous CE versions, can I still get this one? I read over on dbstalk that the active channel becomes available on the H20 with the last few CE downloads but do the Mix Channels (Sports Mix, News Mix, the upcoming U.S. Open Tennis Mix channels) become interactive with the download?

A few have had issues with bricking their machines, but that was in very early releases. The biggest issue now is receivers missing shows to record, rebooting or locking up.

There are some risks from going to the Cutting Edge, its up to you to decide if you gamble and take the risk. :)

There's always a chance but I would say you have a better chance of getting into a car crash. I've downloaded every CE release since September and no issues. There are a few examples but its like .1% of the CE Testers.

HBKbiggestfan,
There were a few people that had problems, very small percentage ....
Those that thought they had "Bricked" thier unit were able to get back going with some help from others (Don't know where the Bricked term came from ....

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)