Hard Drive Bargain Watch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Seagate does have a 1.5TB single drive offered as an internal, I could only speculate that this external could contain a single physical drive. Good advice dlsnyder and also note the externals must have their own power source which this line of Freeagents does have in order to work with the 622/722 VIPs. I wish more people felt comfortable to just spring for a docking station and swap drives like folks swapped spouses in the 70's.

Acer

It's a single drive. It won't work w/ the 211, but it will work w/ the 622/722 like you said.

It's $129.99 at Fry's this week.

Seagate 1.5TB FreeAgent Desk USB — $129.99

There's also a Maxtor 2TB OneTouch III Firewire 800/USB for $199.99.

Staples, Week of 2/15/09

WD and Seagate 1T External: $99.99

WD 750gb: $89.99

I got the 1TB WD at staples for 99.99 after seeing this thread. Great price, and it seems to work great.

Got a 1TB for good price

I got a 1 TB from goHardDrive.com - Large selection of hard drive, wholesale hard drive, Seagate ST31000333AS 1TB 32MB Buffer, Western Digital WD10EACS 1TB 16MB Cache 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive, MyBook, Hitachi, Samsung, Maxtor, Toshiba, Fujitsu, White Label, Refurbis For 89.99 plus shipping. So total was 103 w/enclosure for USB. Will need it if they ever get the 722k out. This way will be able to transfer everything on my 622 to it. And yes I already have a 500 GB that is almost full.

I looked on Seagate's site and it doesn't say if it single or multi lun.

Sorry, I temporarily forgot about this thread. I bought one last night and yanked a bunch of stuff over. I got tired of being forced to watch TV during the week when my 500GB external and internal 622 drive got full. It's single. It works like a charm. I haven't seen any Seagates with multiple LUN's unless they say RAID on it. It's the Simpletech drives that are the king of the hybrid multi-LUN drives that fail within 6 months.

Fry's doesn't have any sweet USB deals this weekend. They have sweet SATA and Firewire deals, but those don't compare to the sweet USB deals.

PCMAll had a One Terrabyte Phantom GD1000EU drive now for $79, ($119 and two $20 rebates) till the end of February. It is the Phantom Green drive and is USB and ESata. I'm tempted but have enough drives for now.
Same deal for the 500GB drive for end price of $49 after rebates.

PCMAll had a One Terrabyte Phantom GD1000EU drive now for $79, ($119 and two $20 rebates) till the end of February. It is the Phantom Green drive and is USB and ESata. I'm tempted but have enough drives for now.
Same deal for the 500GB drive for end price of $49 after rebates.

Does anyone use the Fantom drives? This is a great price and they have aluminum case, I just wonder if they are reliable?

Does anyone use the Fantom drives? This is a great price and they have aluminum case, I just wonder if they are reliable?
A ways back I remember good reports. I also seem to remember that they used Samsung HD's. Nothing wrong with that.

Iomega ego 1TB for $90 + free shipping on orders over $129.

$120 - 25% code T4346M$Q6GRJB$ = $90

Dell : Iomega 1 TB USB 2.0 eGo Desktop Hard Drive ? Ruby Red : System Drives : Small & Medium Business

If you want black, click on the one at the right. I ordered both for $188 shipped after tax.

Drive has power switch and power supply cable included. NOT portable.

Comment from iomega:

Though this drive looks similar to our portable brand, this drive does not offer any of the same Drop Guard protection as the eGo Portable drive line. The eGo Desktop is meant to be a home or office based backup/storage solution and is not suited for travel.

Picture:

1tbdrive.jpg

Put a little chrome knob on the other end and it would look like a flask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts