HD Channels NOT on VOOM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just get INHD 1 and 2 and forget about HDNET. If Cuban doesnt want it on VOOM than VOOM has to move on. One ch doesnt mean all that much to me. I have HDNET and HDNET MOVIES on Directv and its really nothing special. HDNET used to be the best looking ch around.....now VOOM's HD often looks better than HDNET. I dont know if that will change at the end of the football season...but the WOW factor that HDNET used to have is just not their anymore. The ch is simply not worth all the fuss

vinnyv07 said:
HDNET used to be the best looking ch around.....now VOOM's HD often looks better than HDNET. I dont know if that will change at the end of the football season...but the WOW factor that HDNET used to have is just not their anymore.
This is not so with Dish, HDNET is the most pristine channel I receive from anywhere. The only channel that equals HDNET is CBS OTA.

Of course, Voom would compress the hell out of it and make it look as bad as Equator, I'm sure.

DarrellP said:
This is not so with Dish, HDNET is the most pristine channel I receive from anywhere. The only channel that equals HDNET is CBS OTA.

Of course, Voom would compress the hell out of it and make it look as bad as Equator, I'm sure.
Darrell,

send me a message when you find 40 or even 20 channels of HD from one provider that look as good as HDnet on Dish.(that doesnt require a dish the size of a mall automobile). My guess is you will never see it. At least not for 5 years when all the HD LIL nonsense is over.

Where IS MSGHD?

Why is it that VOOM cannot offer MSGHD to all its subs if they own the ch. I can understand not getting INHD 1 and 2 and HDNET because of ongoing disputes. Can you imagine that MSGHD is owned by the very company that we are subbing to and its not on our lineup!! Why? Is their some restriction about broadcasting MSG to everyone? I cant understand it...please someone tell me there is a reason for Voom not having this ch. This is a post from someone over at AVS explaining MSGHD ............................................ "Is anybody getting MSG in HD?
The game was being broadcast in HD on NBA-TV. Anyone who has the channel outside of the New York market could see the game. Cablevision (which owns MSG and FSNY) owns the broadcast rights for Knicks telecasts and as such broadcast Knicks games in HD only on the MSG channel. As a result, only people who subscribe to Cablevision (cable) are able to see the MSG channel in HD. D* cannot and DISH cannot. This holds true for any Knicks broadcasts on ESPN-HD, TNT-HD, etc. The game would be blacked out on those channels and the only way to see it would be on MSG, and the only way to see that in HD would be if you subsrcibe to Cablevision." ............... IS MSG a ch that could only be broadcast in the NY area? Directv has MSG available in their REGIONAL SPORTS PACK. Thats available to everyone correct? I understand that people wanted HGTV and FOOD NEt for their wives and all.....but I want more HD. MSGHD has tons of sports on it....NHL and NBA ...most of the time in HD. It would be a great addition to VOOMs lineup. Why isnt it on VOOM when Cablevision owns the CH? Give it to US!!!!

Why is it that VOOM cannot offer MSGHD to all its subs if they own the ch.

vinnyv07 said:
Why is it that VOOM cannot offer MSGHD to all its subs if they own the ch. I can understand not getting INHD 1 and 2 and HDNET because of ongoing disputes. Why isnt it on VOOM when Cablevision owns the CH? Give it to US!!!!
Most likely because MSG or MSGHD don't have national rights to any of the sports they broadcast. And also, it could be locally in New York the rights would violate certain cable companies rights to carry MSG. They can't just put MSG anywhere. They could get sued. Besides, they would also have to get the OK from the sports leagues, they already have contracts in place that don't include Voom. This is just an idea, but I'm sure it's not far off.

I think MSG is available via Directv in a sports pack...but they blackout the games that are aired. Even so...if VOOM added HD ch's for certain areas like Florida...they should be able to add MSG for NY. They own the CH!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts