HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

I'm really suprised to see all the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton people here!

I'm from Swoyersville and have a HUGE antenna inside my attic that I bought for local HD stations and I get 90% signal on almost everything so I'm happy but it would still be nice to get them through the satellite and take down this darn antenna :)

However, is the signal coming over the air higher quality (bitrate?) than what comes from the satellite?

Yes.

Doesn't do the people with no OTA reception any good though.

I'm hoping that we get them soon also....I hate getting inflated and then being deflated, if you know what I mean....

In the meantime, I'll do my favorite, patiently-waiting tapdance........

Everybody watch now.....it's awesome!

:D

"No mention in Scott's recap about any reasoning behind the postponement. Just said "A number of locals were delayed":

That's the point that pisses me off most. They ignore questions. We are paying the same amount as other customers who get the HD's. They have no answer why Comcast, and Direct can offer HD in the same area but they don't. The only reason I'm sticking with them for now is KTLA which of course is broadcast in HD but not in the Superstation package. Why not? ......crickets chirping.

I'm sure its all contractual. Dish is good at getting the best deal, so I'm sure their holding out has to do with a bottom line that Charlie or the board wants to see. You cant hold smart business against them.

However, saying they are rolling them out and then not is a compete half-step... and bad business. Dont say you are going to do something and then not do it... I would rather them not say a thing about the release, then one day I turn on the TV and see my locals in HD.

I'm not sure about the contractual problem. I thought that more than one city that was supposed to be on on July 30th was delayed. But on the other hand, if there's a technical reason, why are they all uplinked already?

Anyway, I'm thoroughly disgusted. DirecTV just got all the locals on (the bozos at Nexstar were holding out, surprise surprise, like we wouldn't expect anti-consumer behavior from someone who owns two networks in one market, didn't that used to be illegal?), and I also have them on Comcast. But I'd rather have them on Dish than Comcast, because the only way I can record anything from Comcast is with the tuner in my computer, and it's buggy -- the slightest glitch in the stream and the recording stops. So it's a pretty safe bet I won't get an HD recording of the Olympics while I'm out tonight. :(

Check out the pic that was shown on today's retailer chat. Looks like we have to wait a whole lot longer. :river I was going to try to type something clever, but I am too upset...

No mention in Scott's recap about any reasoning behind the postponement. Just said "A number of locals were delayed."

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe it's not so bad as you think. Notice Myrtle Beach is on the list and according to the latest uplink report it was just turned on today.

Here's a slap in the face. I'm watching WBRE (SD of course) and up comes a scroll text saying that this channel is now available in HD on DIRECT... :no

I have been swearing at that stupid "Available in HD" banner for many months now. Quit rubbing my nose in it, already D*. Oh well I can hardly read it anyway on account of the pixelation of my stretched SD signal.

They keep dangling that stupid carrot in front of our nose! Seeing WB/Scranton in the uplink report really caught my attention. What a tease. Light 'em up already!!! Maybe this week is the week. Now I am going to have to check for another uplink report every 10 minutes in anticipation. So much for having a productive week!

Good luck guys!!

They keep dangling that stupid carrot in front of our nose! Seeing WB/Scranton in the uplink report really caught my attention. What a tease. Light 'em up already!!! Maybe this week is the week. Now I am going to have to check for another uplink report every 10 minutes in anticipation. So much for having a productive week!

Good luck guys!!

Same here. I've been checking here every half hour or so for any update on the WB/S locals. I also re-booted, thinking they might have been there, but not updated.

Off to sleep now...... Maybe the good "HD fairy" will light them up overnight for us!:D

The "HD fairy" didn't light up my locals last night.

Anyone have any info on whether it will be tomorrow or not?

This "anticipation" and "waiting with bated breath" is making me old. :(

I'm hoping that we get them soon also....I hate getting inflated and then being deflated, if you know what I mean....

In the meantime, I'll do my favorite, patiently-waiting tapdance........

Everybody watch now.....it's awesome!

:D

Gee, when your man is here next I could give him an antenna for you to put up! Since you are the head of the association, you could put it anyplace, right? !!

Only a few more weeks to first games!

See ya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)