HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??

Gee, when your man is here next I could give him an antenna for you to put up! Since you are the head of the association, you could put it anyplace, right? !!

Only a few more weeks to first games!

See ya.

Hah! Thanks for the offer, but already having 2 dishes, and then adding an antenna, wouldn't be aesthetically-pleasing to a woman's eye! :p

I'll wait for the HD, and just whine in the meantime! :D

Looking forward to hockey season....withdrawal is just about at its max. See you soon also!

Ya think calling the actual stations, someone would know when Dish is turning the switch? Of course like Dish, they probably know nothing about nothing.

Not yet. No locals lit up (available) today. Hopefully we will see another report soon that makes us have a happier hump day.

I tried calling a local station about a year ago when I signed up for HD because Dish told me that they didn't have my locals in HD because my locals were not transmitting HD. I don't remember which channel I called, but they told me they had been transmitting HD for quite a while, the Dish satellites weren't broadcasting it. I guess if you call now, they MIGHT be able to tell you if there is a hold up in the negotiations or something. Even if they tell you that they have already signed a deal, it's still up to Dish to light them up for us.

Back to thumb twiddling.

HOLY COW!! The uplink report has 531 changes! TONS of locals added and available. Great news for pretty much everybody except us. NONE of ours were made available!! :eek:

HOLY COW!! The uplink report has 531 changes! TONS of locals added and available. Great news for pretty much everybody except us. NONE of ours were made available!! :eek:
Those locals are SD locals that were already available. They were just switched to Mpeg4 and put on the 72.5 satellite from, my guess the 119 or 110. Those are not new HD locals. HD locals are on the 61.5.

Oh yeah. Oops. Guess I got a little excited and didn't read thoroughly. (Plus I am used to seeing many others get locals in HD with none for us!) Thanks for the correction.

Regardless, no HD for us.

I emailed WNEPs Action 16 . They seemed to get D* but in gear with our HD locals, So I wrote them in hopes they could bug the crap out of Dishnetwork. I'll keep you posted. I'll give them 48 hours to respond to my letter, Then I'm calling WNEP. and I'm going to keep bugging them untill I get results

I emailed WNEPs Action 16 . They seemed to get D* but in gear with our HD locals, So I wrote them in hopes they could bug the crap out of Dishnetwork. I'll keep you posted. I'll give them 48 hours to respond to my letter, Then I'm calling WNEP. and I'm going to keep bugging them untill I get results

Thanks, hemi! :)

I tried to perfect my "whine", but apparently its not working as of late because I'm not used to "whining".

I need help.....ASAP! :D

In the meantime, I'm still looking at SD Locals..... with a big puss on! :(

Thanks, hemi! :)

I tried to perfect my "whine", but apparently its not working as of late because I'm not used to "whining".

I need help.....ASAP! :D

In the meantime, I'm still looking at SD Locals..... with a big puss on! :(

It always helps to have a good cheese with wine....Oh wait you said whine not wine.:D

Well I am looking at HD locals, Unfortunately they are not my locals. Hopefully Dish will get their act together and add them this week.

As for "whining" I am more of a beer guy.:p

OK ,Sherman at WNEP, wrote me back . He said Realize that he can't make Dishnetwork do anything. But they are considering a story just as they did with D*. My advice is take a couple of minutes , write Wnep a letter yourselfs, asking them to follow up with Dishnetwork HD locals in our area. The more help I have I think the better this will be. I did write him again. Hopefully he'll let me know whats going to happen.
Sherman.Burdette@WNEP.com

OK ,Sherman at WNEP, wrote me back . He said Realize that he can't make Dishnetwork do anything. But they are considering a story just as they did with D*. My advice is take a couple of minutes , write Wnep a letter yourselfs, asking them to follow up with Dishnetwork HD locals in our area. The more help I have I think the better this will be. I did write him again. Hopefully he'll let me know whats going to happen.
Sherman.Burdette@WNEP.com

Thanks, Hemi! :)

I'll add to it by sending off emails to all 3 local stations also.

BRIAN,

I JUST REPORTED ON THIS LAST NIGHT ON THE NEWS AT 7!
BASICALLY WHAT DISH SAYS IS THE COMPANY IS WORKING ON PROVIDING LOCAL CHANNELS IN OUR MARKET IN H-D...IT EXPECTS TO HAVE THAT UP AND GOING BY THE END OF THE YEAR...THAT'S ALL THEY WILL TELL US.
AS FOR DIRECTV... IT ACTUALLY STARTED AIRING 16 IN H-D A FEW MONTHS AGO...AND I'M TOLD WBRE AND WYOU RECENTLY.
WHEN SATELLITE COMPANIES DECIDE TO OFFER LOCAL STATIONS IN H-D IS REALLY UP TO THEM. IT'S BASED ON COST AND NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE LOCAL STATIONS...BUT ULTIMATELY IT'S DISH NETWORK'S BALL GAME.
KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A "PROCESS" FROM H-D TO DIGITAL AND SO FORTH AND SO ON...IT'S A PROCESS.
THERE'S REALLY NOTHING I CAN DO OTHER THAN SHARE WITH YOU WHAT THEY TELL ME AND RIGHT NOW THEY ARE NOT SAYING ANYTHING IN DETAIL ABOUT IT PUBLICLY.
BEST ADVICE...HANG IN OR USE YOUR CONSUMER POWER AND CANCEL SERVICE WITH THEM!

SHERMAN

real cool he got back to me so fast.. nothing new to report, at any rate.

Wow, it went from "soon" to July 30th, to the fall and now by year's end. We're going backwards now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts