Help !!!! Feedhorn Problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fortyfives

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I'm in the process of changing out my Chapparel c-band feedhorn for a Chaparrel C / Ku feedhorn. I bought a used unit and I have been getting it ready to change it out. I painted it, installed new Lnb's and decided to replace the servo motor. Anyway, when I started trying to take out the 4 screws that hold the servo motor in place, every one of them broke off !!!!! They all twisted off flush with the feedhorn. They must have been on there a long time and whoever installed the servo motor must have really tightened them down. What do I do next? The only solution I can come up with is to drill out the old screws and go from there. Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how did you fix it? Any suggestions would be great as I'm going to try to fix this tomorrow morning.

I think your solution is about all you can do, short of buying a new one. I've had one break off and used the other three for a while, it worked OK. Then I lost one and found a replacement screw that fit and fixed the other one. But it had enough left of it to get it out with a ViseGrip.

Al

Well, I drilled out all the old screws (that was a real pain in the butt!) and mounted the new servo motor. I already have it mounted on the dish. Fortunately, the c-band feedhorn I had before was a Chapparal and the new (now rebuilt) ku / C feedhorn was also a Chapparal. That way, I was able to use my old scalar ring and I just loosened the hex nut, slipped the old one out and slipped the new one in. It seems to be working great ! I just have to tweak the focal distance next.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts